Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Thank You To Our Forum Members

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Another solid year. Sadly, I will be much less active this year than in the past. 90% of my RR activity over the years has been while at work. As of yesterday, I am off for 8 months to take care of my little girl (and help train her to cheer for the Raps). So with full time daddy duty in effect, it will be harder to find the time to get onto the RR.

That said, I still plan to creep a bit from my phone and post occasionally (plus the dynasty league is still full effect). Like the Raps this year, it's been a fun run but like the Raps next year, who knows what the future will hold.
    Here's a pro-tip for the NBA dad: on game nights, right after dinner I take my little boy to the McDonalds indoor playground. While he's burning off his boundless energy on the slides, etc..., I use the free WIFI to stream the Raps games to my tablet. I usually go home at half-time, and tell my wife not to let my son have a nap during the day so most of the time he will fall asleep in the car on the drive back home. Then we put him right to bed so I can watch the rest of the game, and my wife's already had a nice 2-3 hour break with the kid already tucked away. That's a win-win-win for me, my wife and my son. LOL.

And 'hear, hear' to the RR crew and all the great posters with shout-outs to: Craig, Nilanka, CalRaps, Axel, OldSkool, Jimi, Joey, stooley, MACK (epic drunk posting), and of course, Matt52. Sorry, I know missed a ton of my other favs.

And Matt: How the heck do you get to 18,000 posts? That's like the Wilt Chamberlain of forum posting. LOL.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Another solid year. Sadly, I will be much less active this year than in the past. 90% of my RR activity over the years has been while at work. As of yesterday, I am off for 8 months to take care of my little girl (and help train her to cheer for the Raps). So with full time daddy duty in effect, it will be harder to find the time to get onto the RR.

That said, I still plan to creep a bit from my phone and post occasionally (plus the dynasty league is still full effect). Like the Raps this year, it's been a fun run but like the Raps next year, who knows what the future will hold.
    Congrats man and have fun with your daughter. They'll be fun times forsure.

3. Like RPT23 liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My method is to have kid fed, bathed and in bed by 7:30 the latest. I PVR the 1st quarter, and I'm caught up by half time. But being on the east coast, the early tipoff will be harder to plan around. But congrats on daddyhood! And hope you manage to lurk these parts once in a while.

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Here's a pro-tip for the NBA dad: on game nights, right after dinner I take my little boy to the McDonalds indoor playground. While he's burning off his boundless energy on the slides, etc..., I use the free WIFI to stream the Raps games to my tablet. I usually go home at half-time, and tell my wife not to let my son have a nap during the day so most of the time he will fall asleep in the car on the drive back home. Then we put him right to bed so I can watch the rest of the game, and my wife's already had a nice 2-3 hour break with the kid already tucked away. That's a win-win-win for me, my wife and my son. LOL.

And 'hear, hear' to the RR crew and all the great posters with shout-outs to: Craig, Nilanka, CalRaps, Axel, OldSkool, Jimi, Joey, stooley, MACK (epic drunk posting), and of course, Matt52. Sorry, I know missed a ton of my other favs.

And Matt: How the heck do you get to 18,000 posts? That's like the Wilt Chamberlain of forum posting. LOL.
    Haha, that's one hell of a scheme! Love it! Does McDonald's ever wonder why you show up every Wednesday night without buying anything?

I can honestly say that I've learned a lot about basketball being a part of this forum (and commenting on the main page prior to the the forum). It's been almost 6 years since I discovered this place. We've got a very intelligent and passionate fanbase that I'm proud to be a part of.

Shit, this feels like we're signing high school yearbooks, but this is just the beginning fellas
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

5. Like RPT23, Joey, Dr. James Naismith liked this post
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Shit, this feels like we're signing high school yearbooks, but this is just the beginning fellas
    That was an actual LOL.

7. Like RPT23 liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Aww, shucks. Proud to be mentioned with the rest of you.

9. Like RPT23 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A hint for how $25 can help you immensely... $20 for a fisher price basketball hoop (helps with learning to walk and hand-eye coordination) and $5 for a foam Raptors finger. My 2-and-half-year-old little guy now asks me if basketball is on tonight, when I get home from work. When he tells his mother that he's a Raptor, I get all the basketball I want! lol

On a related note, my wife says she's thankful for Raptors Republic because it gives me a place to talk to and vent with likeminded Raptors wackos, so she doesn't have to hear about it.
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue May 6th, 2014 at 11:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    A hint for how $25 can help you immensely... $20 for a fisher price basketball hoop (helps with learning to walk and hand-eye coordination) and $5 for a foam Raptors finger. My 2-and-half-year-old little guy now asks me if basketball is on tonight, when I get home from work. When he tells his mother that he's a Raptor, I get all the basketball I want! lol

On a related note, my wife says she's thankful for Raptors Republic because it gives me a place to talk to and vent with likeminded Raptors wackos, so she doesn't have to hear about it.
    Well now that's a little rude...
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

12. Like CalgaryRapsFan, RPT23 liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star YoungGunRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I hit google earlier this year in search of a message board that hosted Raptors fans as loyal and as dedicated as I am. I quickly found out that there are so many incredibly passionate Raptors fans on this forum, and it has been a pleasure to partake in discussions here. Not only that, I have learned so much about the Raptors and about the NBA during my time here.

So thank you to everyone for setting up this forum! Here's to being here when we get our first championship, no matter how long that will take
    “You can sink and drown, or you can float, and we out here like Michael Phelps."
    Demar Derozan

14. Like Dr. James Naismith, RPT23 liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jangles's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy shit guys, get a room... And hit me up .

16. Like LBF, Joey, RPT23 liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I DONT TRUST PEOPLE WHO WEAR SUNGLASSES AT NIGHT

18. Like RPT23 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all Raptors fans everywhere!

Other than the obvious (here's looking at you calgaryrapsfan), are there any other Raptor fans representing the 403/780?
    #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

20. Like CalgaryRapsFan liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Only been a member since last season, but very happy to be one. Lots of intelligent discussion and learn something almost every time I log on. going to be a fun ride. Glad to be on a bus load of happy campers. Appreciate all of you...mostly.

22. Like Dr. James Naismith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Lol, does anyone remember the actual cause for LeBron's laughter? Probably one of the funniest things I've seen on an NBA floor.

For some reason, all the YouTube vids showing it have been removed.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Lol, does anyone remember the actual cause for LeBron's laughter? Probably one of the funniest things I've seen on an NBA floor.

For some reason, all the YouTube vids showing it have been removed.
    Oh Donyell ... going onto the court without a Jersey on ... LOL
    In Masai we Trust.

25. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, nice. I wish it showed the full extent of it. LeBron pisses himself for a good 5 minutes.

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RPT23 wrote: View Post
    Thanks to all Raptors fans everywhere!

Other than the obvious (here's looking at you calgaryrapsfan), are there any other Raptor fans representing the 403/780?
    780 here
    I DONT TRUST PEOPLE WHO WEAR SUNGLASSES AT NIGHT

Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

such a cute thread
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you forum crew and all you posters out there! Keep up the great work and may your avatar always be anti-tank in sentiment.

30. Like enlightenment liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter special1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys are all pretty awesome! I feel the genuine respect between us all.

Thanks for giving us a forum to express our views. I can't wait to read and discuss the draft, free agency and the up-coming season.

If you are truly a Raptor fan, then you need to be apart of the republic.

Cheers!

32. Like Dr. James Naismith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Elton, if you will..

If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

34. Like consmap, Joey liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information