Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awwwwwwn love you guys too :*
    blessed to be part of such an amazing group of people
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

To Celebrate I have brought GIF's

"Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Glad I found these forums, don't know anyone here in Vancouver who cares about basketball, never mind the Raptors.

Cheers everyone!
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Glad to have been part of this forum this year, happy I found it. Looking forward to next year with y'all, unless Lowry doesn't resign and we all end up moving to separate cabins in the wood with no internet access and try to forget what a basketball even is.
          @Boymusic66

Comment

Another solid year. Sadly, I will be much less active this year than in the past. 90% of my RR activity over the years has been while at work. As of yesterday, I am off for 8 months to take care of my little girl (and help train her to cheer for the Raps). So with full time daddy duty in effect, it will be harder to find the time to get onto the RR.

That said, I still plan to creep a bit from my phone and post occasionally (plus the dynasty league is still full effect). Like the Raps this year, it's been a fun run but like the Raps next year, who knows what the future will hold.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
              Another solid year. Sadly, I will be much less active this year than in the past. 90% of my RR activity over the years has been while at work. As of yesterday, I am off for 8 months to take care of my little girl (and help train her to cheer for the Raps). So with full time daddy duty in effect, it will be harder to find the time to get onto the RR.

That said, I still plan to creep a bit from my phone and post occasionally (plus the dynasty league is still full effect). Like the Raps this year, it's been a fun run but like the Raps next year, who knows what the future will hold.
              Here's a pro-tip for the NBA dad: on game nights, right after dinner I take my little boy to the McDonalds indoor playground. While he's burning off his boundless energy on the slides, etc..., I use the free WIFI to stream the Raps games to my tablet. I usually go home at half-time, and tell my wife not to let my son have a nap during the day so most of the time he will fall asleep in the car on the drive back home. Then we put him right to bed so I can watch the rest of the game, and my wife's already had a nice 2-3 hour break with the kid already tucked away. That's a win-win-win for me, my wife and my son. LOL.

And 'hear, hear' to the RR crew and all the great posters with shout-outs to: Craig, Nilanka, CalRaps, Axel, OldSkool, Jimi, Joey, stooley, MACK (epic drunk posting), and of course, Matt52. Sorry, I know missed a ton of my other favs.

And Matt: How the heck do you get to 18,000 posts? That's like the Wilt Chamberlain of forum posting. LOL.

Comment

Congrats man and have fun with your daughter. They'll be fun times forsure.

Comment

My method is to have kid fed, bathed and in bed by 7:30 the latest. I PVR the 1st quarter, and I'm caught up by half time. But being on the east coast, the early tipoff will be harder to plan around. But congrats on daddyhood! And hope you manage to lurk these parts once in a while.

golden wrote: View Post
                  Here's a pro-tip for the NBA dad: on game nights, right after dinner I take my little boy to the McDonalds indoor playground. While he's burning off his boundless energy on the slides, etc..., I use the free WIFI to stream the Raps games to my tablet. I usually go home at half-time, and tell my wife not to let my son have a nap during the day so most of the time he will fall asleep in the car on the drive back home. Then we put him right to bed so I can watch the rest of the game, and my wife's already had a nice 2-3 hour break with the kid already tucked away. That's a win-win-win for me, my wife and my son. LOL.

And 'hear, hear' to the RR crew and all the great posters with shout-outs to: Craig, Nilanka, CalRaps, Axel, OldSkool, Jimi, Joey, stooley, MACK (epic drunk posting), and of course, Matt52. Sorry, I know missed a ton of my other favs.

And Matt: How the heck do you get to 18,000 posts? That's like the Wilt Chamberlain of forum posting. LOL.
                  Haha, that's one hell of a scheme! Love it! Does McDonald's ever wonder why you show up every Wednesday night without buying anything?

I can honestly say that I've learned a lot about basketball being a part of this forum (and commenting on the main page prior to the the forum). It's been almost 6 years since I discovered this place. We've got a very intelligent and passionate fanbase that I'm proud to be a part of.

Shit, this feels like we're signing high school yearbooks, but this is just the beginning fellas

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Shit, this feels like we're signing high school yearbooks, but this is just the beginning fellas
                    That was an actual LOL.

Comment

Aww, shucks. Proud to be mentioned with the rest of you.
                      "Bruno?
                      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

A hint for how $25 can help you immensely... $20 for a fisher price basketball hoop (helps with learning to walk and hand-eye coordination) and $5 for a foam Raptors finger. My 2-and-half-year-old little guy now asks me if basketball is on tonight, when I get home from work. When he tells his mother that he's a Raptor, I get all the basketball I want! lol

On a related note, my wife says she's thankful for Raptors Republic because it gives me a place to talk to and vent with likeminded Raptors wackos, so she doesn't have to hear about it.
                        Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue May 6, 2014, 11:12 AM.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          A hint for how $25 can help you immensely... $20 for a fisher price basketball hoop (helps with learning to walk and hand-eye coordination) and $5 for a foam Raptors finger. My 2-and-half-year-old little guy now asks me if basketball is on tonight, when I get home from work. When he tells his mother that he's a Raptor, I get all the basketball I want! lol

On a related note, my wife says she's thankful for Raptors Republic because it gives me a place to talk to and vent with likeminded Raptors wackos, so she doesn't have to hear about it.
                          Well now that's a little rude...
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I hit google earlier this year in search of a message board that hosted Raptors fans as loyal and as dedicated as I am. I quickly found out that there are so many incredibly passionate Raptors fans on this forum, and it has been a pleasure to partake in discussions here. Not only that, I have learned so much about the Raptors and about the NBA during my time here.

So thank you to everyone for setting up this forum! Here's to being here when we get our first championship, no matter how long that will take
                            I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                            -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Holy shit guys, get a room... And hit me up .

Comment

"Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X