Thread: Everything Coach

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I DONT TRUST PEOPLE WHO WEAR SUNGLASSES AT NIGHT

2. Like chch166, Scraptor liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    This is something that I think gets too often overlooked by critics. Casey struggles in games to make adjustments and be creative. He can fail at rotations and when to call a timeout.

But he clearly has good relationships with his players and staff. Everyone clearly wanted to come into work everyday and get better as a team. That is a critical part of coaching and happens off the court, behind the scenes. You can have a brilliant tactician who can't develop that, where guys tune out the coach, and don't want to work hard. Where you're lucky if there are any hard practices in the regular season, and where relationships are all messed up with nobody wanting to be respectful and accountable with each other.
    Agreed, one of the hardest jobs in the NBA is keeping egos in check and getting a good relationship with players. Xs and Os are great, but at the end of the day that hole in Casey's ability can be masked by assistant coaches or great players. A messed up locker room on the other hand can kill a team, just look at the Pacers now.

4. Like Nilanka, Puffer, consmap liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait til the team hits a rough stretch next season and the pitchforks come out for Casey

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Oh my goodness. Soooo dramatic you guys. :P

Should you not then adjust your signature?

Quote MACK11 wrote:
    "If I can survive through Rudy Gay and Andrea Bargnani, I can survive anything"

- Me
    Clearly DC is takes the cake over Rudy and Andrea.
    In Masai we Trust.

7. Like JawsGT, chch166 liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    Oh my goodness. Soooo dramatic you guys. :P

Should you not then adjust your signature?

Clearly DC is takes the cake over Rudy and Andrea.
    Im just hoping with this extension he received he might be more inclined to play the younger players and let them play through mistakes a little more and fuck off with playing washed up and useless vets! *Looking at Salmonella, Hayes*

Raptors Republic Starter 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the posters who are livid over the Casey extension may reconsider their belief they can coach NBA teams better than the people who actually do coach NBA teams..

Nah, who am I kidding.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great move By MU

And for those of you bitching about it, think how the players feel when they get a new coach like every 2 or 3 season, They HATE it.

Lowry works well with Casey, and we NEED Lowry back, this will probably make his decision as returning as a raptor a lot easier

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    Random, but can someone please post the gif of Casey swearing after a bad defensive play from earlier this season? The one where he goes "FUCK...................................SHIT"

That never fails to make me smile.

13. Like Nilanka, Joey, Scraptor, rocwell liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post

Slightly above average compared to other coaches, but that's also because there are so many head coaches in their 1st or 2nd years.

Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Maybe the posters who are livid over the Casey extension may reconsider their belief they can coach NBA teams better than the people who actually do coach NBA teams..

Nah, who am I kidding.
    We don't criticize Casey because we think we'd make better NBA coaches. We do it because we know what a better NBA coach looks like. I don't have to be a better basketball player than Salmons to know that he sucks.

16. Like Joey, OldSkoolCool, Scraptor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    Slightly above average compared to other coaches, but that's also because there are so many head coaches in their 1st or 2nd years.
    It's because of the 3rd year team option I think?

Raptors Republic Starter bryan colangelo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My first thought when I read this news was, "Well, I guess raptors999 just flipped his keyboard."

Seriously though, take a look at the big picture. It's easy to obsess about certain plays and and rotations, but at the end of the day Casey took a team with two-sophmore starters, a borderline 'All-Star', and a largely no-name roster to the best regular season record in franchise history. After they went 6-12 and traded away their 'star player' in Rudy Gay.

Yes, he deserves credit for that.

The sometimes stagnant offense, the out-of-bounds calls — these things are normally handled by assistant coaches, and can be improved with better assistants, or more support.

And John Salmons is a goner this off-season. So that solves that! LOL.

19. Like stooley, Fully liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post

Nah, who am I kidding.
    I gonna go out on a limb and guarantee that I wouldn't draw up a play on the wrong side of the court. I'm pretty confident that wouldn't happen.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Step 1. Have to admire the way it was done. Season done, contract signed the next day. No mixed messages. No confusion. A good message to Lowry. A good message to everyone. I can see how you might not like it but for anyone who thinks he deserves to not get a renewal, tell me what the next steps are.
    It's not just about Lowry...It's about the 3 spot.

Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

At this point, I'm resigning myself to the fact that we're probably going to seeing multiple tactical blunders over the next few years, while assuming that there must be many other less tangible (but no less important) things that he's excellent at.

23. Like stooley, OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand why some people are so upset. Yes... his coaching is pretty god awful at times, but I feel like Casey staying is essential in Lowry's decision to stay. I'm pretty sure Lowry will not want to play with a new coach. Casey has earned the respect of Lowry. It's been well documented that players really dislike multiple coaching changes in this career. Most famous example in Raptors history would be Vince Carter...

25. Like bryan colangelo liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I supported the coach for the past season when everyone was quick to blame the coach for every single lost of this team. I supported him during the play offs when people were screaming for his head because he did not play Fields !!!!

Now, I am glad to see that MU thinks the same way about this coach. 3 Year Contract means a total confidence in this coach Plus a very good salary ( higher than average in this league).

All of this point to the fact that MU and Casey are in the same page.

GREAT JOB MU , now fix the following ( Pick 2 out of 3):

1) Starting PF
    2) Starting SF
    3) Back up Centre

Raptors Republic Starter Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol.

So, let's bring back our coach who is going to continue to underutilize our young players and shit the bed on inbounds plays. Let's add Vince Carter for nostalgia and hype.

I don't know about the rest of you but I have been a Raptors fan for twenty years and sometimes it seems like I'm stuck in a Groundhog Day of the wtf-ness.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as the shortcomings on the defensive play late in the season, and particularly in the playoff series...where they his shortcomings or the fact that, with the players he had, it was a terrible match-up problem? The Nets players were able to perform quite well on defense...The Raptors had a young team that couldn't handle the type of pressure they had never (most of them) seen before. You can't make a souffle if all you have is rope and gravel. Masai gives Casey some better pieces, maybe he doesn't look so stupid?

I was crying for him to insert Fields into the rotation, then I find out Fields has back issues. Answer me this, how do you do an excellent job on D if you have to play DD (don't need to elaborate), TRoss (and don't start with the "TRoss was excellent bullshit...I watched the games. He was average and got lost many times), JV who seemed to get confused many times, especially last game when two bigs were running out to the open guy in the corner, leaving an easy pass inside for 2, a broken Amir doing the best he could on glass ankles, and a 6' tall Lowry. Not to mention GV, Salmons, and a 6'6" center from the bench.

Kidd was a rookie coach but he was "a ten-time NBA All-Star, a five-time All-NBA First Team member, and a nine-time NBA All-Defensive Team member." He had a team stuffed with experience. Casey lead his team to the last 6 seconds of the seventh game.

I believe in Masai.

29. Like stooley liked this post
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information