Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Coach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    There is a reason he's not getting anytime in Washington he's not a good player

Poor mans Tyshaun Prince
    nope

dude missed all of training camp and the beginning of the season with an injury. not many rookies would have an impact at all if they did too. i'm guessing the wiz know this and are riding Ariza but if they think he's a bust i'd GLADLY take Porter off their hands.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    is this from the conference or from the mind of thead?
    the mind of thead...its a scary place

3. Like stooley liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    nope

dude missed all of training camp and the beginning of the season with an injury. not many rookies would have an impact at all if they did too. i'm guessing the wiz know this and are riding Ariza but if they think he's a bust i'd GLADLY take Porter off their hands.
    A lot of Wiz fans on they're forums are saying he's a bust, But im sure nobody is gonna trade a former 3rd overall pick in just one season.
    Masai treats the Knicks like they are his personal farm team system, where he can cultivate assets for the future. It's not right or fair, but he's THE WARLORD

Post Thanks / Like

I really admire the patience of Masai. He really is playing the long game

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of Wiz fans on they're forums are saying he's a bust, But im sure nobody is gonna trade a former 3rd overall pick in just one season.
    a lot of fans are idiots
    @jerboat

7. Like thead liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

a lot of fans are idiots
    Im pretty sure Wiz fans have watched him more then you have
    Masai treats the Knicks like they are his personal farm team system, where he can cultivate assets for the future. It's not right or fair, but he's THE WARLORD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    I really admire the patience of Masai. He really is playing the long game
    i think it's basically the most prudent move. the FA class isn't exactly brimming with talent and the continuity will be good for the team overall. add an upgrade here, an upgrade there, add the dudes we draft and you're looking at a better team.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Im pretty sure Wiz fans have watched him more then you have
    He only played about 300 minutes this year, so it's not like they've watched him a whole lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Demar and our first rounder for Po. Do it. Do it now.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

I still think MU (and TL) have their eye on the draft, specifically the top of the draft. MU talked about attacking the draft and the fact that whether the draft or free agency, they have their eye on some specific players. Given the priority of re-signing their own talent (ie: Lowry, Vasquez, Patterson and De Colo) and the comments MU made about the team probably stumbling or even taking a step back, I can't shake the feeling that they're going to do everything possible to land Wiggins. He fits too perfectly into the "We The North" campaign, is projected to be a solid 2-way SF, and is just too perfect a fit for TL/MU to pass up.

13. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Demar and our first rounder for Po. Do it. Do it now.
    tenfortheceez

15. Like JawsGT, Primer, Puffer, Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I still think MU (and TL) have their eye on the draft, specifically the top of the draft. MU talked about attacking the draft and the fact that whether the draft or free agency, they have their eye on some specific players. Given the priority of re-signing their own talent (ie: Lowry, Vasquez, Patterson and De Colo) and the comments MU made about the team probably stumbling or even taking a step back, I can't shake the feeling that they're going to do everything possible to land Wiggins. He fits too perfectly into the "We The North" campaign, is projected to be a solid 2-way SF, and is just too perfect a fit for TL/MU to pass up.
    I think that's kinda in the same category as trading Demar or Ross.

If the right trade is there, you gotta take it. Keep an ear to the ground, you never know what's coming your way.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I just can't see any team actually trading a pick that could be Wiggins. That would be tremendously stupid and shortsighted. I think at this point to me this is something that only happens as a fantasy in the mind of Raptors fans. Wiggins is not getting traded. I mean, what GM would trade arguably the best wing prospect since Durant or even LeBron...for anything? (Except maybe Durant or LeBron)

18. Like Primer, stooley liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I just can't see any team actually trading a pick that could be Wiggins. That would be tremendously stupid and shortsighted. I think at this point to me this is something that only happens as a fantasy in the mind of Raptors fans. Wiggins is not getting traded. I mean, what GM would trade arguably the best wing prospect since Durant or even LeBron...for anything?
    A package of Jonas and Derozan + our first rounder would probably do it.

The question is, would that even be a good trade for us?

Post Thanks / Like

A package of Jonas and Derozan + our first rounder would probably do it.

The question is, would that even be a good trade for us?
    I'm not even sure it would. And yeah, I'm not sure that is worth it at all.

Post Thanks / Like

I think that's kinda in the same category as trading Demar or Ross.

If the right trade is there, you gotta take it. Keep an ear to the ground, you never know what's coming your way.
    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I just can't see any team actually trading a pick that could be Wiggins. That would be tremendously stupid and shortsighted. I think at this point to me this is something that only happens as a fantasy in the mind of Raptors fans. Wiggins is not getting traded. I mean, what GM would trade arguably the best wing prospect since Durant or even LeBron...for anything? (Except maybe Durant or LeBron)
    Oh I completely agree that it's incredibly unlikely, but I still got the feeling that they're looking to make a big splash, which would have to come via trade/draft that might mean one step back for two steps forward. For the Raptors, it's just too perfect a scenario to not get aggressive in their exploration of such a possibility.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

The only plausible route I can see to Wiggins is:

1. Trade Salmons and Hansbrough's trigger expirings to Chicago for Carlos Boozer's elephant contract and 1-2 of Chicago's first-rounders this year (so Chicago can go after Melo).

2. Trade a basketful of picks for the Wiggins pick.

And that's only marginally plausible.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I completely agree that it's incredibly unlikely, but I still got the feeling that they're looking to make a big splash, which would have to come via trade/draft that might mean one step back for two steps forward. For the Raptors, it's just too perfect a scenario to not get aggressive in their exploration of such a possibility.
    I see it more likely they could try to trade into the mid to late lottery. Maybe hope someone slides. Or target Ennis or another late lottery pick. Picks 10 and 12 could be available.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't get a chance to listen to the presser.. but going on some of the posts in this thread seems like MU wants to retain most of the core.. which is basically what I would have expected.

Hopefully he doesn't break the bank to get that bigger wing or shot blocker. Status quo is a good thing.. maintain cap flexibility for 2015 when really good free agents are available.

Raptors Republic Starter bryan colangelo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote magoon wrote: View Post
    Two years guaranteed with an option for a third makes the Casey extension even better, frankly. Maximum confidence and stability going forward with minimum risk.
    Yeah, seems reasonable to me.

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information