Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: Everything Coach

Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    Actiually, I don't know how legit this is. But someone on the main page claimed to be close to the raptors organization and said valanciunis is very cocky and he wasn't being a good teammate after his double double performances in the first couple of games. So if hats true I totally understand how he got the quick hook so much
    Haha, that sounds like Casey.

"JV is getting too cocky dominating out there getting double doubles. I better bench him or the vets will get jealous."

Why is it a bad thing that JV was getting confidence from putting up monster games in the playoffs? Why would you punish a player for that? Casey is an idiot.

Forget this humble crap. The best NBA players are the guys who believe they're the best.

2. Like Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    Haha, that sounds like Casey.

"JV is getting too cocky dominating out there getting double doubles. I better bench him or the vets will get jealous."

Why is it a bad thing that JV was getting confidence from putting up monster games in the playoffs? Why would you punish a player for that? Casey is an idiot.

Forget this humble crap. The best NBA players are the guys who believe they're the best.
    JR Smith. Kevin Durant.

The best believe they're the best but aren't cocky. They're good but know there's a long way to go. It's a delicate balance.

I'm starting to wonder if you're just trolling, because your opinions are equally as ridiculous as the straw-man you've painted of Casey.
    Last edited by stooley; Fri May 9th, 2014 at 08:44 PM.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    JR Smith. Kevin Durant.

The best believe they're the best but aren't cocky. They're good but know there's a long way to go. It's a delicate balance.

I'm starting to wonder if you're just trolling, because your opinions are equally as ridiculous as the straw-man you've painted of Casey.
    Michael Jordan on line 2 with something to say!

Wilt Chamberlain on line 4!
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

5. Like Letter N, OldSkoolCool, Primer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    JR Smith. Kevin Durant.

Lots of people on the forums seem to agree with my opinions. It's not trolling just because you disagree.

In addition to what mcHappy said. Kobe, Shaq, Barkley, Bird, Magic.... The list goes on and on. The best players usually have an edge.

Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lots of people on the forums seem to agree with my opinions. It's not trolling just because you disagree.

In addition to what mcHappy said. Kobe, Shaq, Barkley, Bird, Magic.... The list goes on and on. The best players usually have an edge.
    Do you know who else is cocky, andray blatch, swaggy p, Stephen Jackson. I don't want Jv ending up like any of those losers. I like what Casey is doing because honestly jonas is no mj or Kobe. So chill the fuck up
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Post Thanks / Like

Do you know who else is cocky, andray blatch, swaggy p, Stephen Jackson. I don't want Jv ending up like any of those losers. I like what Casey is doing because honestly jonas is no mj or Kobe. So chill the fuck up
    Jonas is a blue chip prospect. Blatch and Swaggy P were known to be terrible and have lived up to that. Stephen Jackson actually had some pretty good years so I'm not gonna bash him. Jonas could be the most dominant center in the game, and you want to compare him to Blatche and Swaggy P? That's bullshit if I've ever heard it.

Post Thanks / Like

Jonas is a blue chip prospect. Blatch and Swaggy P were known to be terrible and have lived up to that. Stephen Jackson actually had some pretty good years so I'm not gonna bash him. Jonas could be the most dominant center in the game, and you want to compare him to Blatche and Swaggy P? That's bullshit if I've ever heard it.
    Jonas ain't Kobe or mj, hibert is also cocky as fuck. Jonas shouldn't be getting all cocky after like 2 solid games and one that his team didn't even win.
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I highly doubt ujiri would keep Casey aboard if he thinks he'll be detrimental to JV's development

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You ripped on Casey for an unlikely rumor that his name wasn't even associated with. It just seems like your digging for more reasons to hate him lol

12. Like stooley, Fully liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jonas ain't Kobe or mj, hibert is also cocky as fuck. Jonas shouldn't be getting all cocky after like 2 solid games and one that his team didn't even win.
    Dude what are you talking about? Also Hibbert isn't cocky, he's actually said to be very kind hearted and humble. You're blowing this all way out of proportion.
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Dude what are you talking about? Also Hibbert isn't cocky, he's actually said to be very kind hearted and humble. You're blowing this all way out of proportion.
    And actually Jonas has had basically nothing but good things said about his character. I don't know how this discussion continued from a baseless rumour...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    And actually Jonas has had basically nothing but good things said about his character. I don't know how this discussion continued from a baseless rumour...
    Yea i don't know where he's getting this from, Jonas has never been like that. He just plays with a high motor
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic All-Star Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    If it was detrimental cockiness as well that goes against everything we've heard about the Raptors locker room with how close they are. Maybe Jonas just drunk txted some players, you know what they say: drunken words are sober thoughts

17. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea i don't know where he's getting this from, Jonas has never been like that. He just plays with a high motor
    As well...and I dont mean to generalize...but they dont teach "cockiness" in the Euro leagues. Team play and deference is pretty important over there so I'd be surprised if this were true of JV so soon in his career.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    If it was detrimental cockiness as well that goes against everything we've heard about the Raptors locker room with how close they are. Maybe Jonas just drunk txted some players, you know what they say: drunken words are sober thoughts
    He probably said/texted:

"You guys see what happens when you get me the ball?"

With that Casey said:

"Time to put him in line!"
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

20. Like stooley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    As well...and I dont mean to generalize...but they dont teach "cockiness" in the Euro leagues. Team play and deference is pretty important over there so I'd be surprised if this were true of JV so soon in his career.
    Thats also true. Europe doesn't have many dominant players like North America does so they focus more on unselfish team play, which is a good thing.

Post Thanks / Like

brah i got it from the mainpage. I have no clue if its true or not.

And have you heard hibbert talk. he is cocky as fuck
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Raptors Republic Starter bryan colangelo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Dude — that's a ridiculous argument, and you know it. JV is NOT any of those players. If he was even close to those players in terms of talent and skill than you might have point.

And people seem to forget that JV was turning the ball over 5 and 6 times a game against the Nets those first two games. Trying to feed the ball to the post and JV's handling of the ball was a big reason why our turnovers spiked. He was jawing with the officials, and giving up ticky tack fouls as a result. And his rotations were either wrong or late whenever they doubled JJ. Is that your idea of 'a monster game?'

love this team as much as you do, but I think you're really overrating JV at this stage of his career.

The truth is, there's a lot of reasons why the Raptors lost versus the Nets, that have little to do with coaching. You're just so biased you just blame the coach because it's easier than admitting the Nets were a terrible match-up.

24. Like 3inthekeon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

brah i got it from the mainpage. I have no clue if its true or not.

And have you heard hibbert talk. he is cocky as fuck
    I've heard Hibbert talk. Dude isn't that cocky, he may be confident at times but not cocky.

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard Hibbert talk. Dude isn't that cocky, he may be confident at times but not cocky.
    Yea really confident. When he scored like 12 points in Indys game 2 win. He was all like I know this could happen. It was just a matter of time, he was just talking in a manner that he was cocky
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread Information