Everything Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stooley wrote: View Post
    I'd add: people assuming that Casey's rotations are bad, and his end of game play calling are really assuming the worst.

The reality is, Casey isn't perfect. But I'd say all his criticisms are probably only half-true.
    The end of game play calling only comes up a handful of games per season. Getting your team committed to working on defense comes up every minute of every game.
    That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Kuh wrote: View Post
      I don't know if there is any way to pull this off given the personalities involved ... but what has been going through my mind has been to poach away the assistant offensive coach from the Portland Trailblazers, who everyone has to admit has one of the NBA's top offenses.

As a head coach he was also known for his strong X's and O's in late game play calls. And he has a strong attachment to both Canada and the Raptors.

The question is will he, and we, accept him as an assistant coach after formerly being a head coach here?

I refer of course to Jay Triano.
      BAHAHAH. Amazing. I see what you did there!

Comment

• "Nando, Lowry, Vasquez, Patterson are priorities"
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          More good than bad? Sure. Is that good enough to be the head coach? Fuck no. The amount of "bad" Casey does is enough to never be a championship head coach, which is what we should be looking for. If you wanna contend for a title in 2016 you better hope Casey isn't our head coach.

The fact Casey heavily relies on Nurse to design the offensive sets shows just how ill equipped to be a head coach he really is. Defense is more of an assistant coaches role. You need a head coach who can draw up plays and out think the other coach. Casey isn't that guy.

Short of beating Miami, Casey isn't getting rehired.
          I really hope you take a lesson from this. You really don't know as much you think you do or you're just a bit out of touch.

Welcome back Casey! You did a really good job and deserved to be back.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
            My problem with posts like this is they lack any analysis of Casey's actual coaching on the floor. It's like saying Scott Brooks is a fantastic coach just because OKC had a good record this year. Whereas if you watch Brooks coach, he makes a lot of really stupid decisions and is bailed out by his players. Just because we beat expectations doesn't automatically make Casey a good coach, you need to look at his actual on the court coaching.

Lowry, Derozan, and the rest bailed Casey out so many freaking times this year. Casey is a boneheaded coach who can't think on the fly or adjust. He fucked up the most crucial play in Raptors history by drawing it up for the wrong sideline. The team was winning despite him (Lowry being superman, assistant coaches fixing offense and confidence of JV), not because of him. Casey's vaunted defense was non-existant in the playoffs, and most are quick to blame everyone but Casey.
            Xs and Os are only one part of coaching in the NBA. The other part is controlling player egos, getting the team to perform together, getting the ear of the locker room, etc. I think Casey did a great job and if you look at how this team "overperformed" his mistakes were indeed bailed out by his players. But I don't know if they would've believed they could've been this good without him. So they bailed him out, but only because he gave them the skills to do so.
            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
              Xs and Os are only one part of coaching in the NBA. The other part is controlling player egos, getting the team to perform together, getting the ear of the locker room, etc. I think Casey did a great job and if you look at how this team "overperformed" his mistakes were indeed bailed out by his players. But I don't know if they would've believed they could've been this good without him. So they bailed him out, but only because he gave them the skills to do so.
              I think the bold above is key. Welcome back Casey!
              your pal,
              ebrian

Comment

• Masai's analytic guys are always right.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  Screw the Raptors. I wont support them.
                  We dont want you anyway. goof.

Comment

• fredericklove wrote: View Post
                    Just imagine we get Durant in 16, Casey benches him for a 37 yr old John Salmon in game 7.

Beautiful.
                    Be a bit more realistic man. Seriously that's a jack off statement.

Comment

• Casey implying New York Front Office has more leaks than the Iraqi Navy
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Masai hinting we need a bigger wing and shot blocker (rim protection)

Comment

• "Could we add a bigger wing, or a shot blocker?" - MU when asked about potential moves / team needs...

EDIT: damn you, thead!

Comment

• Comment

• "Casey is now my coach" - Masai

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                                Masai hinting we need a bigger wing and shot blocker (rim protection)
                                completely agree. dead on. these are the areas that should be addressed this summer.
                                "Bruno?
                                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X