No announcement yet.

Everything Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't go wrong with any one of the van gundy's. I've wanted Stan ever since he was fired from Orlando.
    A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

• Lark Benson wrote: View Post
      Yeah I think the number one thing is DD continuing to improve his handle and passing. Watching him get backed up to half court with every hedge and loose double is getting tiring, but the I think about how far he's come from last season and I have hope. Another year with this same core and building more counters and options into the sets will hopefully make a big difference.
      That is a great point.

I'm done trying to put a limit on him - I honestly don't know and I honestly think he is the exception to many, many norms.

Thinking how far he has come last year certainly puts things in perspective. If only he didn't take 43% of his shots as long 2s and if only he played some D though!

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
        So you think playing a one-armed man over a two-armed man would make him a better coach?
        Yes.

Comment

• Mark Jackson's time is over in GS. How about him ?

Comment

• GoldenBaller wrote: View Post
            Can't go wrong with any one of the van gundy's. I've wanted Stan ever since he was fired from Orlando.
            In total agreement SVG is an experienced tactician who stands up to superstars when needed. DC is afraid to stand up and call out and criticize certain players. Different rules and standards for different players. DC is really not that smart.

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
              Mark Jackson's time is over in GS. How about him ?
              No thanks. He had a very talented roster there, and seems to have worn out his welcome pretty quickly. Couldn't really seem to get them over the hump, and most of their success to me is because of talent succeeding despite coaching.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                In total agreement SVG is an experienced tactician who stands up to superstars when needed. DC is afraid to stand up and call out and criticize certain players. Different rules and standards for different players. DC is really not that smart.
                DC also love's to throw the youngsters under the bus constantly
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Kevin Ollie
                  SVG
                  Hollins
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• SVG stated he will only coach in a warm place. Hollins looks good but worried it may require a long term contract. Mark Jackson is good too for developing Guards. Jackson looked worse coaching in the west. Style fits better in the East.

Comment

• Popovich's lead assistant, whoever he is.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                        Popovich's lead assistant, whoever he is.
                        At one point, that was Mike Brown (although I don't know if he was actually the lead assistant). Brown was a major piece under Pop in the coaching staff, and then major piece under Carlisle in Indiana.

Comment

• So is everyone in this thread unanimously in favour Casey not returning?
                          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            At one point, that was Mike Brown (although I don't know if he was actually the lead assistant). Brown was a major piece under Pop in the coaching staff, and then major piece under Carlisle in Indiana.
                            Others who worked for him: Doc Rivers, Sam Presti, Mike Budenholzer, PJ Carlesimo, Jacque Vaghn. Usually works to hire his guys.

BTW, interesting to see that Avery Johnson and Vinny Del Negro only played for him, never coached under. Explains a lot.
                            @Boymusic66

Comment

• TSF wrote: View Post
                              Others who worked for him: Doc Rivers, Sam Presti, Mike Budenholzer, PJ Carlesimo, Jacque Vaghn. Usually works to hire his guys.

BTW, interesting to see that Avery Johnson and Vinny Del Negro only played for him, never coached under. Explains a lot.
                              Rivers was never an assistant under Pop, just played for him (just like Avery and Vinny). Presti either, who was just an exec under Buford. Carlesimo has not exactly had an illustrious coaching career and was a head coach before he ever served under Pop. Vaughn? What's so good about Vaughn?

You listed a bunch of guys...at the moment only Budenholzer seems like a true disciple who could be able to translate what he learned in SAS to his new team. (Not sure if there are other guys from their system I can't think of)

Comment

• I was thinking Lionell hollins. His teams play tough D and they smash the ball inside

Comment

Working...
                                X