No announcement yet.

Everything Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwane seems like a great person and excellent motivator, and the team seems to like him.

At the same time, I'm not sure if this is a good decision or not. We'll see.
    OG is our king

Comment

• obviously not a perfect coach but i'll take it. lets hope next year when we establish a roster that wasn't assembled in the middle of the season he can familiarize players with a bit more complex offensive sets.

i want to see shit like this (around 2:34 mark):

Last edited by iblastoff; Mon May 5, 2014, 07:11 PM.

Comment

• Casey clearly has the players' loyalty and respect, which is important. Now that he has some job security he can afford to play his young players more rather than having to play for wins first and foremost. He's never going to be an offensive savant, but with Nick Nurse he's crafted a decent (if unspectacular) offensive system; iso-ball is more the result of young players panicking and making bad judgement calls than it is Casey saying "just throw the ball in the hoop."

This was the right move.

Comment

• Pretty much what I expected. Don't know if it's the best choice, don't think it's the worst though. I doubt the dollar value is crippling if they want to fire him even in year one. The onus is on Casey to be better, and if he's not the team should not hesitate to part ways at any moment.

Comment

• Don't know if it should be 3 years, 2 years would be find considering future Raptor Kevin Durant wants a more accomplished coach (yes I know Casey has a ring, but still).

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
              Casey clearly has the players' loyalty and respect, which is important. Now that he has some job security he can afford to play his young players more rather than having to play for wins first and foremost. He's never going to be an offensive savant, but with Nick Nurse he's crafted a decent (if unspectacular) offensive system; iso-ball is more the result of young players panicking and making bad judgement calls than it is Casey saying "just throw the ball in the hoop."

This was the right move.
              This is something that I think gets too often overlooked by critics. Casey struggles in games to make adjustments and be creative. He can fail at rotations and when to call a timeout.

But he clearly has good relationships with his players and staff. Everyone clearly wanted to come into work everyday and get better as a team. That is a critical part of coaching and happens off the court, behind the scenes. You can have a brilliant tactician who can't develop that, where guys tune out the coach, and don't want to work hard. Where you're lucky if there are any hard practices in the regular season, and where relationships are all messed up with nobody wanting to be respectful and accountable with each other.

Comment

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                Don't know if it should be 3 years, 2 years would be find considering future Raptor Kevin Durant wants a more accomplished coach (yes I know Casey has a ring, but still).

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                We'll see details when they come out. Right now it seems to be 3 years straight up. Maybe it's actually 2 + a team option though. We'll see.

Comment

• Chemistry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Ujiri...you were the chosen one.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Perfectly okay with it.
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Coaches contracts are a lot less stringent than player contracts. I'm they load those things up with Options. Its not like there's a Coaches Union.

Good move. I'm fine with this. I can't say I agree with all of DCs moves, but assuming MU puts better pieces around him for him to play with, then it should work out alright.

Comment

• That is an "Okay" move, brings stability back next season and will make the players happy.

Well maybe not Fields....

Comment

• I wonder how this will make pro-Ujiri but anti-Casey fans feel.

Do you trust Ujiri's decision to retain Casey? Or does he lose the Mesiah nickname?

Comment

• As long as they only bring in veterans on this team that can actually play I'm good. Cause he loves to play veterans over young players but the veterans we have on our team are always third stringers. If we had good veterans I would have no problems. Also yes we need a better x's and o's assistant coach.
                              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Probably retained him though since they couldn't be bothered getting his big ass rock out of the locker room (not an innuendo, I mean the literal big ass rock)

Comment

Working...
                                X