Everything Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebrian wrote: View Post
    I don't know why there's so much hate for Casey. I've used different examples before about this but now I have more:

This team was expected to be in the lottery.
    This team won the Atlantic division with 48 wins, a franchise record.
    This team hung around in a series against a team that has Joe Johnson, Deron Williams, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett.
    Brooklyn has 2+ players better than anyone on our entire roster.
    Brooklyn can produce 2-3 players that singled-handedly have more playoff experience than our entire roster combined.
    We nearly beat a team with a payroll of $102M.

Goodness gracious you people, I'm not sure what else there is to say. You can't fire a coach that is causing your team to play better than they are supposed to. Unless your name is Bryan Colangelo.
    My problem with posts like this is they lack any analysis of Casey's actual coaching on the floor. It's like saying Scott Brooks is a fantastic coach just because OKC had a good record this year. Whereas if you watch Brooks coach, he makes a lot of really stupid decisions and is bailed out by his players. Just because we beat expectations doesn't automatically make Casey a good coach, you need to look at his actual on the court coaching.

Lowry, Derozan, and the rest bailed Casey out so many freaking times this year. Casey is a boneheaded coach who can't think on the fly or adjust. He fucked up the most crucial play in Raptors history by drawing it up for the wrong sideline. The team was winning despite him (Lowry being superman, assistant coaches fixing offense and confidence of JV), not because of him. Casey's vaunted defense was non-existant in the playoffs, and most are quick to blame everyone but Casey.

Comment

• sounds like Casey is coming back
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Good move. Right move. Smart move.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
          sounds like Casey is coming back
          Doug Smith: Raptors have agreement in principle with Dwane Casey on a three-year deal, according to sources
          Yup

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• BREAKING: Dwane Casey extended for three years

Comment

• Fuck.

Comment

• Great move! Well deserved.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Well this thread is not needed anymore
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• We need a legit Xs and Os assistant that can draw up plays. I don't think I can take three more years of Casey drawing shit up.

Comment

• Screw the Raptors. I wont support them.

Comment

• Comment

• He earned this contract.

Best of luck to him.

Comment

• Yeah I expected as much.. doesn't mean that Casey will be here for all three years.. heck, doesn't even mean that he'll finish the season. I still think MU gives him a short leash despite his extension. We'll see though.

Comment

• If Masai and Tim think he deserves it, I have to wonder at the rationale, but I also have to believe they know a lot more about what the Raps need, proved and can do then I do. We all watched the same games. I am missing something, I accept that. It would be great to know what I am missing though. I don't mean that sarcastically. I fully expect that MU is a better GM than I am 9or ever could be, even if I apprenticed with Phil Jackson for a decade or two.

Just sayin'.

Comment

Working...
                                X