Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Oh my goodness. Soooo dramatic you guys. :P

Should you not then adjust your signature?

Clearly DC is takes the cake over Rudy and Andrea.
    Im just hoping with this extension he received he might be more inclined to play the younger players and let them play through mistakes a little more and fuck off with playing washed up and useless vets! *Looking at Salmonella, Hayes*
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Maybe the posters who are livid over the Casey extension may reconsider their belief they can coach NBA teams better than the people who actually do coach NBA teams..

Nah, who am I kidding.
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Great move By MU

And for those of you bitching about it, think how the players feel when they get a new coach like every 2 or 3 season, They HATE it.

Lowry works well with Casey, and we NEED Lowry back, this will probably make his decision as returning as a raptor a lot easier
        Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
          Random, but can someone please post the gif of Casey swearing after a bad defensive play from earlier this season? The one where he goes "FUCK...................................SHIT"

That never fails to make me smile.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Slightly above average compared to other coaches, but that's also because there are so many head coaches in their 1st or 2nd years.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              Maybe the posters who are livid over the Casey extension may reconsider their belief they can coach NBA teams better than the people who actually do coach NBA teams..

Nah, who am I kidding.
              We don't criticize Casey because we think we'd make better NBA coaches. We do it because we know what a better NBA coach looks like. I don't have to be a better basketball player than Salmons to know that he sucks.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                Slightly above average compared to other coaches, but that's also because there are so many head coaches in their 1st or 2nd years.
                It's because of the 3rd year team option I think?

Comment

• My first thought when I read this news was, "Well, I guess raptors999 just flipped his keyboard."

Seriously though, take a look at the big picture. It's easy to obsess about certain plays and and rotations, but at the end of the day Casey took a team with two-sophmore starters, a borderline 'All-Star', and a largely no-name roster to the best regular season record in franchise history. After they went 6-12 and traded away their 'star player' in Rudy Gay.

Yes, he deserves credit for that.

The sometimes stagnant offense, the out-of-bounds calls — these things are normally handled by assistant coaches, and can be improved with better assistants, or more support.

And John Salmons is a goner this off-season. So that solves that! LOL.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    Maybe the posters who are livid over the Casey extension may reconsider their belief they can coach NBA teams better than the people who actually do coach NBA teams..

Nah, who am I kidding.
                    I gonna go out on a limb and guarantee that I wouldn't draw up a play on the wrong side of the court. I'm pretty confident that wouldn't happen.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Step 1. Have to admire the way it was done. Season done, contract signed the next day. No mixed messages. No confusion. A good message to Lowry. A good message to everyone. I can see how you might not like it but for anyone who thinks he deserves to not get a renewal, tell me what the next steps are.

Comment

• At this point, I'm resigning myself to the fact that we're probably going to seeing multiple tactical blunders over the next few years, while assuming that there must be many other less tangible (but no less important) things that he's excellent at.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• I don't understand why some people are so upset. Yes... his coaching is pretty god awful at times, but I feel like Casey staying is essential in Lowry's decision to stay. I'm pretty sure Lowry will not want to play with a new coach. Casey has earned the respect of Lowry. It's been well documented that players really dislike multiple coaching changes in this career. Most famous example in Raptors history would be Vince Carter...

Comment

• I supported the coach for the past season when everyone was quick to blame the coach for every single lost of this team. I supported him during the play offs when people were screaming for his head because he did not play Fields !!!!

Now, I am glad to see that MU thinks the same way about this coach. 3 Year Contract means a total confidence in this coach Plus a very good salary ( higher than average in this league).

All of this point to the fact that MU and Casey are in the same page.

GREAT JOB MU , now fix the following ( Pick 2 out of 3):

1) Starting PF
                            2) Starting SF
                            3) Back up Centre

Comment

• Lol.

So, let's bring back our coach who is going to continue to underutilize our young players and shit the bed on inbounds plays. Let's add Vince Carter for nostalgia and hype.

I don't know about the rest of you but I have been a Raptors fan for twenty years and sometimes it seems like I'm stuck in a Groundhog Day of the wtf-ness.

Comment

• As far as the shortcomings on the defensive play late in the season, and particularly in the playoff series...where they his shortcomings or the fact that, with the players he had, it was a terrible match-up problem? The Nets players were able to perform quite well on defense...The Raptors had a young team that couldn't handle the type of pressure they had never (most of them) seen before. You can't make a souffle if all you have is rope and gravel. Masai gives Casey some better pieces, maybe he doesn't look so stupid?

I was crying for him to insert Fields into the rotation, then I find out Fields has back issues. Answer me this, how do you do an excellent job on D if you have to play DD (don't need to elaborate), TRoss (and don't start with the "TRoss was excellent bullshit...I watched the games. He was average and got lost many times), JV who seemed to get confused many times, especially last game when two bigs were running out to the open guy in the corner, leaving an easy pass inside for 2, a broken Amir doing the best he could on glass ankles, and a 6' tall Lowry. Not to mention GV, Salmons, and a 6'6" center from the bench.

Kidd was a rookie coach but he was "a ten-time NBA All-Star, a five-time All-NBA First Team member, and a nine-time NBA All-Defensive Team member." He had a team stuffed with experience. Casey lead his team to the last 6 seconds of the seventh game.

I believe in Masai.

Comment

Working...
                                X