2014 off-season Compendium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Who might contribute more long-term, who might have a higher up-side, who might not need to be overpaid to lure away from current team, etc...
    Al-Farouq Aminu

But he would be for purely defensive purposes and a garbage man on Offense.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      Sure, but isn't more realistic to assume they don't pull a big 3 trade this offseason? You don't pick out the least likely scenario and then start making moves based on that happening. More than likely Boston isn't making a big jump this offseason, and likely make a step back when they lose Rondo.
      Not saying they will trade for 3 all stars. I'm saying...they are in a very similar position to when they made that happen. They are flexible and hence unknown factors
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        If you're going to offer a 3 year deal, you definitely front load it, not back load, as the Raps will have very little in terms of useable cap space this summer, but every penny in 2015 and 2016 counts.

I like the offers you have put together here. Ideally I always like to see everything frontloaded, but with 2015 such a key year, I'd be tempted to valley Lowry's contract around 2015. So the 4/47.5 you suggested:

11.9M
        11.0M
        11.9M
        12.8M

I'm really not all that concerned about a 4th year for Lowry. 5th would be a worry if it was backloaded.

I expect Vasquez and Patterson to both come in closer to MLE level deals (although not full MLE, 3 years) or a longer deal at about 5M per. I prefer the longer deals - with young players it is always good to lock in as long as possible. Give them 4 years with a partially guaranteed 5th and you are rocking. Again, valleying around 2015.

So a 5 year/25M would look like:

4.9M
        4.5M
        4.9M
        5.2M
        5.6M (0.6M guaranteed - brings total guarantee to 20M)

De Colo I agree - but again, I would make it a 3 year deal, give him a little guarantee in the 3rd year to make it worth his while. Valley, again, and with the annual average you have there (1.85M per year).

1.90M
        1.76M
        1.90M (250k guaranteed)

Then you've got all 4 for the next three seasons, and 3 of them for the next four, 2 for the next five, and an easier time signing them, at:

23.5M
        21.7M <-- summer 2015
        23.5M
        23.2M
        11.2M
        You can only have one player coming off a rookie deal on a five year contract at one time, no?

I wouldn't waste that on Vasquez or PP.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          You can only have one player coming off a rookie deal on a five year contract at one time, no?

I wouldn't waste that on Vasquez or PP.
          my Q and A thread is paying off already
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
            Great insight wookie, I totally agree with you on all aspects of the contract expect decolo. I don't see him coming back, I think the experiment that Masai was doing failed

He traded dead weight daye for decolo who didn't really record much consistency. He won't be back trust
            Disagree. I think there might be something in decolo and that he will be back. Masai included him in his presser when talking about the core before cutting himself off. It'll probably be based on his summer and obviously price but there's something in decolo.
            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
            Because its 2015

Comment

• I'm telling you guys De Colo is gonna earn minutes

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                I'm telling you guys De Colo is gonna earn minutes
                De colo is great as the 3rd PG. So much rather have him than Buycks or Stone. He can definitely step in as backup PG if someone gets injured, and he can also play some SG, giving us a little more lineup flexibility.

Not a huge signing but I'd rather see him on the team than guys like Buycks and Stone.

Comment

• He is going to get 15 - 20 minutes a game next season. BOOK IT. I'm big on De Colo

Comment

• If there's a guy we should try and trade for, it's Gordon Hayward. He can shoot very very well especially from 3, better than Ross IMO. He's tall, long, and strong and I don't think his skill set wouldn't coincide with DeRozan's as Rudy Gay's did. Plus, he's a restricted free agent. I'd pay him 7-8 million for his new contract.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                      He is going to get 15 - 20 minutes a game next season. BOOK IT. I'm big on De Colo
                      Not De Colo.

He is NANDO DE YOLO!!!!
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Merging all these threads into one big mess was not a great idea. Some topics need to breathe on their own. This place isn't all that active as it is.

Comment

• Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
                          If there's a guy we should try and trade for, it's Gordon Hayward. He can shoot very very well especially from 3, better than Ross IMO. He's tall, long, and strong and I don't think his skill set wouldn't coincide with DeRozan's as Rudy Gay's did. Plus, he's a restricted free agent. I'd pay him 7-8 million for his new contract.
                          He's not strong. His 3 pt shot has been a roller coaster since coming into the league, at a career low this past season.

And he's a restricted free agent who was rumoured to be looking for a deal in the 10-12 million per year mark or more.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            He's not strong. His 3 pt shot has been a roller coaster since coming into the league, at a career low this past season.

And he's a restricted free agent who was rumoured to be looking for a deal in the 10-12 million per year mark or more.

Would kill our cap space for 2015 and 2016 offseasons.
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Hayward isn't close to being the shooter Ross is (playoffs aside of course ) I can remember Corbin saying that Hayward plays much better at the 2 guard as well, I don't think he'd necessarily be better than any of the raptors at stopping the big strong wing players.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                Merging all these threads into one big mess was not a great idea. Some topics need to breathe on their own. This place isn't all that active as it is.
                                I sort of agree with you however there were a lot of overlapping conversations happening.

Comment

Working...
                                X