No announcement yet.

2014 off-season Compendium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need a good defensive wing, or least a solid wing. does not matter whether it is Vince or not.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      I completely understand the logic from a marketing perspective, but I don't agree from a basketball perspective. This team isn't in 'win now' mode, so I fail to see what a player in the twilight of his career who has never been known as a 'character' player, will really add. MU has always been about talent acquisition and stacking young prospects with upside at every position - signing VC would seem to run counter to his MO, in a blatant attempt to cash-in on nostalgia and marketing, ahead of the team's 20th anniversary and all-star hosting.
      Think Toronto is dusting off the golf clubs today if Vince was playing for them last night?

You guys need to reset your brains a bit. carter is good, and he's a solid vet. Period.

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
        Then don't get Prince and try to get 1st rounder for Salmons, if we can get any first for him it's a win.

Exacty, the main goal is the first rounder, the trial run of an old veteran at the same position that we need is just an extra. We get the first rounder for taking on the extra year of contract that is Prince.

Comment

I agree with Joey. I love Al Horford's game, but I am reluctant to bring him in based on his injury-prone ways.

However,the lineup that CalgaryRapsFan mentioned is extremely solid.

I must say though, that we still need to sign a backup centre (Im still leaning towards Jordan Hill)
          I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
          -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

FYI, I dug around on CBAFAQ and found the reference you are probably remembering. Free agent cap holds are excluded from team salary only when considering exceptions and S+T's in relation to the apron and whether a hard cap is instituted. Check Q14. I believe that is where your confusion is coming from.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              Prince is washed up. He wasn't that bad this year, but he could be John Salmons useless by next season. And I don't know, you'd have to specifically have a target that falls on draft day to make that worthwhile. I really don't care to have Prince on this team.
              Yeah, checked their RPM #'s - Prince and Salmons were almost identical both offensively and defensively.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                Well I was somewhat exaggerating but at 38 he can become shit at anytime. 38 is A LOT older than I thought he was. This could easily be his last good season. I would not be shocked at all if he came here next season and played no where as good as he played for Dallas. Age creeps up on you very unexpectedly. One day you just wake up and can't do what you used to. But hey if we do get Vince hopefully he has one more good season in him. But from the way he's talking it doesn't look like he'll be coming here.
                Let's stick to facts instead of unlikely hypotheticals. Vince was an above average NBA player by every advanced metric this past season. It's far more likely Vince is a good player next year than for his numbers to fall of a cliff as you'd like to predict (no surprise, it's the most negative outlook).

Also, the way he is talking is the way any respected veteran should be talking the day after your team was eliminated from the playoffs.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                  Yeah, checked their RPM #'s - Prince and Salmons were almost identical both offensively and defensively.
                  Yeah, the only reason I thought Prince might be slightly better is because of his length and thus ability to play some matchups. Salmons is slow and average sized...and utterly useless. Like, I actually felt bad for him because he clearly was not able to fill the role he was being asked to.

Comment

It makes basketball sense. Throw a decade ago out the window.
                    @Boymusic66

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      Then we do the trade, and MU tells Casey he will shoot him if Prince sees the floor.
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                        I am against it.

Some fans will have a lot of expectations from this 38 year old Carter and if things don't go right all the media focus will be on how Carter not playing well as opposed to how well the team is or other players on that team are doing.

Just wait until fans start booing Carter when he starts playing badly and questioning his heart(we may have some of the best fans but we also have some of the worst haters in this league), this team could turn into a mess.

Too much bad history, drama and blood there from this potential signing to it turning into a success story.
                        Some fans as in you? I've booed our team when they came out listless and played like sh!t. Didn't have to be Vince Carter for me to do that.
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

• Sergeant Vincent Lamar Carter
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                            Some fans as in you? I've booed our team when they came out listless and played like sh!t. Didn't have to be Vince Carter for me to do that.
                            I won't because my expectations of this 38 year old guy are not very high. Unless of course he will be dogging it again.

Some fans will just boo Carter for fun, hell we got stupid fans who boo the Raptors when they don't get their stinking slice of pizza.

wallz wrote: View Post
                            Can find a younger guy that will do the same things, and hopefully defend better for the same price
                            My thoughts exactly, get some guy through the draft who is hungry to play and he can do just as good of a job with a lot less expectations and scrutiny then a guy that is ready to retire.
                            Last edited by Hotshot; Mon May 5, 2014, 11:57 PM.

Comment

• what better way to celebrate the 20th season than bringing back the godfather of basketball in Toronto

Comment

• had to google "al horford faulty boob"
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X