as a follow up on what Butch Carter said, here's what he wrote (although this is more about what Casey has to do). Good read
I hear Michael Jordan is a free agent!
Hakeem Olajuwon too
ideal offseason would include
Draft Rodney Hood (20), Bogdan Bogdanovic (37) & Thanasis Antetokounmpo (59)
Resign Lowry, Vasquez
Sign Greg Monroe making Amir a trade chip or backup & PP expendable or back-up
Buyout Salmons & Hansborough
Waive Stone & Buycks...Sign Kabongo as a project.
Somehow dump Fields & Hayes brutal contracts
Sign Vince Carter
everything else is just a matter of moving chess pieces around.
Last edited by RepTdot; Thu May 8th, 2014 at 03:21 PM.
Did Michael Jordan put up great numbers off the bench for a playoff team last year? What about Hakeem?
You know who did?
Last edited by RepTdot; Thu May 8th, 2014 at 04:32 PM.
Great Thread ... I think we learned a lot about our players in this season and in the play offs. We have a great core of young guys but some of them have some REAL CEILINGS ... I know everyone wants to be patient and wants to develop this core of guys and ... but lets face it, the ceiling is there and does not matter how patient we are, how slow we take things, REALITY will not change.
Ross: He is not a starting caliber SF in this league and will never be an elite SF in this league. You can wait 5 more years and give him all the oppurtunities in the world but it will not happen. However, he will be a great guy off the bench , 6th man type of guy in a very good and championship level team.
Amir Johnson: He is not a starting caliber PF in this league and will never be an elite PF in this league. He is a GREAT first big off the bench and he can play that role even in a championship team.
Patterson: He is not a starting caliber PF in this league and will never be an elite PF in this league. He is a GREAT 2nd big off the bench.
This is the ceiling for these guys, the best case scenario ... So what does this mean ??
Big holes in SF, PF and back up C.
My expectation are as follow:
MU needs to address 2 of these issues this off season ... This can be true FAs or trade ... but it has to get down if we want to make it far ( East Finals) next year and be a serious PLAYER in the FAs of 2016.
If we want a big star in 2016, we need to make it to East Finals next year and with Ross and Amir and 2Pat, as our starters, we will not.
So address 2 of these issues these off season and leave SF or PF position for that SUPER STAR that we all hope to get in 2016.
Next, Draft smart ... He needs to show us he is able to draft that deep in the first round a useable player. This is where this team is going to be for next few years and enough of wasting draft picks on Joey Graham, Charlie V and ... type players.
Take a page from Spurs' book and draft SMART ...
DO NOT OVER SPEND on Lowry and especially DO NOT over spent on Vasquez. You will need that money in 2016 ... Do not get stuck in the no man's land of mediocrity.
Move some of these SHIT contracts even if it means for 2nd round picks: Fields, Novak and Hayes ...
These are my expectations and anything less than that and it will be a F for MU in my book.
1. See these guys brought back....
PG: Lowry, Vasquez
PF: Amir, Patterson
..... with Lowry, Patterson, and Vasquez all brought back on fair contracts and preferably front loaded (no more than $18M on average for all 3).
2. Live with reality likely stuck with Novak, Hayes, and Fields - with Novak having highest trade value. Hayes and Fields, no biggie as they expire in 2015, but trading Novak would be a plus.
3. See MLSE pony up to acquire long term assets. There are no free agent prizes on Raptors horizon this summer. Use team option salaries of Salmons, Hansbrough, Buycks, and Stone to stock the cupboards with players on rookie deals, 2014 draft picks, or future draft picks in exchange for some nasty contracts that expire in 2014-15 (Lin, Asik, Boozer, most of the Sacramento Kings, etc.).
1. Raptors add another first round draft pick in 2014.
2. None of 'the core' are traded. We are officially on the Indiana Pacers road to glory - minus the headcases and drama.
3. Al-Farouq Aminu is signed via free agency.
4. Nobody over 25 is brought in by Masai for next season.
1. Building towards Kevin Durant in 2016.
2. If Durant fails, enough flexibility to be able to offer a maximum contract (only to a deserving player, of course) and enough assets to trade for one (here is to awful 2016 seasons for the Nuggets and Knicks!).
Nothing drastic above because, unless Masai has truly pulled the wool over my eyes, I don't expect anything drastic. Everyone is happy to hold hands and sing, "Inch by inch, row by row, gonna make this franchise grow." That might not be a bad plan considering the last 20 years.
"You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"Bruno Caboclo
Actual shots blocked doesn't concern me though. Opponent field goal percentage at the rim (0-3') is a much bigger concern. I believe Amir is one of the best in the league. JV became much better at jumping straight up as year went along. A forced missed shot is just as good as a blocked shot in my books - probably better actually because the odds favour gaining possession of the ball.
I do understand the point of the shot blocker though - lane intimidation is certainly not a Raptor strong suit right now... not with Chuck Hayes manning the C spot in the 4th Q at least.
"You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"Bruno Caboclo
- Signing Lowry, GV and Patterson under $18M collectively is difficult especially since KL played like an all-star and will be one of the most desirable free agents
- Potentially going into luxury to swing trades for Salmons/Novak/Hansborogh to get richer contracts but additional prospects/picks (especially when picks/prospects are valued highly and many teams have cap space already) and ensuring those contracts run out in 2015
- Signing Aminu who is liked in NO and could use his skill-set just as easily as Toronto could
- Getting an extra first round pick.
I'd be very happy if that happened.. and that's not easy in my opinion.
Signing mediocre players to big contracts - now that's easy.
Al Farouq Aminu will be a good signings, he is a real size SF (6'9), He is still young (turns 24), he is a good defender and he is also a Nigerian like Masai so hopefully it will be a slam dunk.
But seriously, ima call it right now. Greivas Vasquez is coming back next year. He is always saying how he loves Toronto and he is still here, I think he brought his fam here so more of his greasy big balls next year!
I am formally known as yabadabayolo. I in no way, shape, or form actually worship joe penis.
Pray for me as I will have to keep this until July 26
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)