Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Off-Season Realistic Expectations / Predictions / probably devolve dream acquisitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    Oh my badddd

Probably like 8 or 9 mill. Close to what demar is making.
    HOU would match that no question.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      HOU would match that no question.
      Ya, I was wondering whther you guys thought there would be a point where we could not overpay but Houston would not match.
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
        Offseason Block Buster Trade

1) Toronto out: John Salmons Grevais Vazquez (Sign and Trade), Landry Fields, Terrence Ross, OKC Pick (Give Them Back the Pick)
        Toronto in: Serge Ibaka, Kendrick Perkins (expiring)
        http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lucnas6

2) Toronto out: Patrick Patterson (Sign and Trade)
        Toronto in: Nate Robinson
        http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=m6t6brt

Draft

1) Draft Kyle Anderson (if he slips) or TJ Warren or Jeremy Grant (@ No20)

2) Draft Damien Inglis at No37 (if he slips) or Kristaps Porzingis (@ No37)

FA Sign

1) Sign Vince Carter to the minimum

2) Resign Nando De Colo to a 2 years 3mil contract

Raps Roster
        Lowry/Robinson/Bycks or Stone
        DeRozan/Carter/Nando De Colo
        20th Draft Pick/37th pick/Novak
        Ibaka/Amir/Hayes
        Val/Hansborough/Perkins
        Aside from the stuff DanH says, you couldn't do that first trade until after signing Vince and after the draft. Otherwise you'd be stuck with exactly zero players who could play small forward, and no guarantee of getting one.
        That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
          Aside from the stuff DanH says, you couldn't do that first trade until after signing Vince and after the draft. Otherwise you'd be stuck with exactly zero players who could play small forward, and no guarantee of getting one.
          Stooopid rulz. Make putting a teem together tooo hard.

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
            Woah, isn't that a lot for Ibaka and Perkins?
            A lot of garbage for Ibaka, you mean.

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
              Ya, I was wondering whther you guys thought there would be a point where we could not overpay but Houston would not match.
              I don't see them declining Parsons' team option and then losing him to free agency. That would be the biggest dumbest clusterfuck probably since Jim Paxson let Carlos Boozer go to Utah. And the Rockets aren't run by Jim Paxson.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                I don't see them declining Parsons' team option and then losing him to free agency. That would be the biggest dumbest clusterfuck probably since Jim Paxson let Carlos Boozer go to Utah. And the Rockets aren't run by Jim Paxson.
                If they don't pick it up he is an RFA this summer. They can match anything he is offered.

Next summer is when things get dicey on the unrestricted front if they take the option this season.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  If they don't pick it up he is an RFA this summer. They can match anything he is offered.

Next summer is when things get dicey on the unrestricted front if they take the option this season.
                  Well yes, the question asked was "what's the salary figure that the Rockets won't match."

That figure might exist but we won't find out.

Comment

Well yes, the question asked was "what's the salary figure that the Rockets won't match."

That figure might exist but we won't find out.
                    Whoops.

I don't think it is even a possibility. He put in a lot of work in to recruiting Howard on behalf of the team. He is tight with the teammates who matter most - Harden and Howard. He fits the team perfectly in terms of his play.

I believe the most anyone could offer him is MLE in year 1 and 2 as per the Gilbert Arenas Rule. He would be on a contract such as Jeremy Lin or Omer Asik - ironically enough. In that case for Houston he'd be about a $5M cap hit in year 1 and 2 but in year 3 and possibly 4 he'd be whatever the balloon payment salary was (for example Lin and Asik are nearly $15M this year). For whatever team that makes the offer, like Houston with Lin from Knicks and Asik from Bulls, they would be averaged over span of contract and would be that cap hit, though like Lin and Asik, they'd be paid about $5M in year 1 and 2 then whatever balloon payment they are due in year 3 and possibly 4.

I'm pretty sure this is right since Parsons is a 2nd round pick. I'm sure if I have this wrong DanH will be able to correct it.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      Whoops.

I don't think it is even a possibility. He put in a lot of work in to recruiting Howard on behalf of the team. He is tight with the teammates who matter most - Harden and Howard. He fits the team perfectly in terms of his play.

I believe the most anyone could offer him is MLE in year 1 and 2 as per the Gilbert Arenas Rule. He would be on a contract such as Jeremy Lin or Omer Asik - ironically enough. In that case for Houston he'd be about a $5M cap hit in year 1 and 2 but in year 3 and possibly 4 he'd be whatever the balloon payment salary was (for example Lin and Asik are nearly $15M this year). For whatever team that makes the offer, like Houston with Lin from Knicks and Asik from Bulls, they would be averaged over span of contract and would be that cap hit, though like Lin and Asik, they'd be paid about $5M in year 1 and 2 then whatever balloon payment they are due in year 3 and possibly 4.

I'm pretty sure this is right since Parsons is a 2nd round pick. I'm sure if I have this wrong DanH will be able to correct it.
                      Arenas rule is limited to players with 1-2 years in the league, so Parsons is past it.

I think Morey won't risk making Parsons a free agent this summer unless he's sure he will keep him. He wouldn't go there without talking to the owner, agent, player and without being certain.

I mean, it's not inconceivable -- bad management mistakes do happen, players want to return and then they don't want to return, owners say yes and then they change their minds, so never say never -- but it seems pretty close to inconceivable.

Comment

Arenas rule is limited to players with 1-2 years in the league, so Parsons is past it.

I think Morey won't risk making Parsons a free agent this summer unless he's sure he will keep him. He wouldn't go there without talking to the owner, agent, player and without being certain.

I mean, it's not inconceivable -- bad management mistakes do happen, players want to return and then they don't want to return, owners say yes and then they change their minds, so never say never -- but it seems pretty close to inconceivable.
                        Yeah, that's right. Parsons was indeed a second round pick, but Morey gave him a longer term contract, rather than the standard 2 year minimum, so they ended up with greater control and full Bird Rights, meaning no Arenas poison pill contract worries.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Right you are

Comment

• The recent thread about which PF would look great beside JV inspired me to look into acquiring Mr. Taj Gibson.

The reason why we want Gibson:
                            Gibson would be a great fit beside Val and the rest of the team. He is a very mobile defender who is able to guard PnR's and protect the rim very well. Gibson is a great competitor and is a win producer. Having him on our team will make us an elite defensive team, this is a goal for my arm-chair GMing.

A few things I am going to note before I get into the trade:
                            -Amir Johnson is untouchable. He is an ambassador for Toronto and its fans and should not go anywhere, ever. He is also a stats geek's wet dream.
                            -Patrick Patterson has stated that he would like to be a starter in the NBA. As an organization we should be respectful of players goals. I don't want to actively trade Patterson, but having Taj+Amir+Patt+TH on the roster is too convoluted and if we can put him in a position where he could start his agent will be very happy. Good PR for us.
                            -The total salary at the end of this includes Lowry @ 4 years-47 mil, Vasquez at 3 years-12.9 mil, De Colo at 1.8mil (QO), as well as our 2014 1st and Chicago's 2014 1st and 1 of our second rounders.
                            -John Salmons is given his buy out of 1 mil guaranteed.

Here is the trade via the Trade Machine, and it goes like this:

To Chicago:
                            DeMar DeRozan
                            Patrick Patterson

To Toronto:
                            Taj Gibson
                            Mike Dunleavy Jr.
                            Chicago's #19

Chicago does this:
                            Because they need scoring, DD and Patterson will provide a lot of this. Patterson is a very mobile defender and, even though is a downgrade from Taj defensively, is still a plus defender that fits into their system. Patterson is also a stretch 4 that would work well with Noah, Rose, and DD. DeRozan is an all-star to help with their scoring at high usage. Pairing him with Butler at the SF makes for a pretty nice wing rotation. Chicago's line-up looks pretty damn good now:

Rose/DJ
                            DD/Hinrich
                            Butler
                            Pattman/Boozer
                            Noah

We do this:
                            Because Taj is a fantastic defender that makes us an elite defensive team is great in terms of attracting FAs (cough Durant cough). Scoring wise we will take a step back but it will force us to spread the offense around more to compensate for this. Our total salary including picks is about 63 million next season, but is only 37 million (including picks) in the summer of 2015. With the #19 pick I suggest we draft Glen Robinson III. Our lineup looks like:

Lowry/De Colo
                            Ross/Vasquez
                            Dunleavy/Robinson
                            Gibson/Amir
                            Valanciunus

We can defend at every position as well shoot better from the perimeter with Dunleavy and Robinson, who is a good spot up shot and is great at cutting back door. Overall our wing IQ I think skyrockets with this trade. Dunleavy is a very underrated player as well. Would be a great mentor for Ross and Robinson.

I think that is a 50 win team each season. Finding an elite offensive player is the next goal of the team.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                              -Amir Johnson is untouchable. He is an ambassador for Toronto and its fans and should not go anywhere, ever. He is also a stats geek's wet dream.
                              -
                              LOOOOOLLLLL, Untouchable !!! Amir Johnson ... Who despite playing along side of a Rookie managed to have the following averages for 2013/2014:

RB: 6.6
                              AST:1.5
                              ST: 0.7
                              BLK: 1.1
                              PSF:3.5
                              PPG: 10.4

That is our untouchable player

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
                                LOOOOOLLLLL, Untouchable !!! Amir Johnson ... Who despite playing along side of a Rookie managed to have the following averages for 2013/2014:

RB: 6.6
                                AST:1.5
                                ST: 0.7
                                BLK: 1.1
                                PSF:3.5
                                PPG: 10.4

That is our untouchable player
                                the intangibles buddy the intangibles thats what he brings... cant put them in any kind of statistical category. basketball is more than just stats on paper.

Comment

Working...
                                X