Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    Wow looking at Whiteside's stats.
    The Raptors need a backup centre. Whiteside or Norgueira might be it. I can't see the GM extending a contract to a vet until he has had a chance to evaluate both. There is very little money left bring a veteran in anyway, just over $2 million.
    Last edited by caccia; Sat Jul 12, 2014, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Grant is looking realky good. Could be the steal of this class
        Myself (March 2014):
        The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
          Grant is looking realky good. Could be the steal of this class
          Like a Grant but would be more impressed if he could hit a jumper. That stuff he was always capable of.

Comment

• They need to tell Bruno to do anything other than just shoot 3's. I don't think I've seen one drive from him in the 3 games. If you're not going to practice it here you're not going to have too many chances when the players become actual pros.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
              They need to tell Bruno to do anything other than just shoot 3's. I don't think I've seen one drive from him in the 3 games. If you're not going to practice it here you're not going to have too many chances when the players become actual pros.
              He actually did try to drive a few times. He had limited success, but did have some success. His handle is shaky, but not as awful as I expected, and the lack of strength really hurts him.

Comment

• Is Masai watching this Warriors/Lakers game? Aaron Craft can play.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
                  Grant is looking realky good. Could be the steal of this class
                  I think i had a bet with danh about him being the steal of the draft
                  I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                    I think i had a bet with danh about him being the steal of the draft
                    Summer league means nothing. Nothing I say!
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                      They need to tell Bruno to do anything other than just shoot 3's. I don't think I've seen one drive from him in the 3 games. If you're not going to practice it here you're not going to have too many chances when the players become actual pros.
                      I've seen at least one drive and a couple cuts to the rim. But yeah, I agree.
                      "Bruno?
                      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        Summer league means nothing. Nothing I say!
                        Oh we shall see buddy. We shall see hahahaha
                        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Through the course of the week, there were ups and downs for the 18 year-old, but above all he impressed the coaching staff with the tenacity he showed while on the basketball court.

“He has a brashness to him and an exuberance of not being afraid that is so surprising from his situation and where he comes from,” Raptors summer league head coach Jesse Mermuys said. “It’s refreshing, it’s exciting to see this kid that doesn’t speak the language, knows nothing about the NBA and is ready to get his nose in there and mix it up. It’s super surprising and it’s exciting for me to work with that and get to develop that. It’s nice.”
                          Good thing Mermuys is happy to work with him. I have a feeling they will spend a lot of time together.

So with SummerLeague over, here is what is next for Bruno, Bebe, and Daniels:

With their stint in Las Vegas wrapped up, the team will now go its separate ways. Rookies Caboclo, Nogueira and Daniels heading to Vancouver to work with director of sports science Alex McKechnie.

The trio each expressed excitement over getting in more work with the Raptors training staff. Caboclo’s english lessons will continue in Vancouver.

http://www.nba.com/raptors/mackenzie_recap071814
                          Nice to hear they are on their way out to work with McKechnie.

Comment

• Overall the only players I truly was interested in were Kabongo/Machado, Bruno, Bebe, Daniels, and Whiteside.

Kabongo/Machado: neither showed much.

Bruno: super excited. Really raw but the talent and physical tools are there.

Bebe: Incomplete. He had not played since May 25th and was coming off an injury. Disappointing.

Daniels: Unfortunate circumstances. I think he showed enough to get on the roster but if he wants to play he will be better off heading to D-League or Europe. I have a feeling he is a shoe in for next year's roster.

Whiteside: Meh.

As for the team, disappointing. I was actually excited after looking at the roster when released. It didn't turn out the way.

Next stop: July 22nd and Buycks D-Day.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              Overall the only players I truly was interested in were Kabongo/Machado, Bruno, Bebe, Daniels, and Whiteside.

Kabongo/Machado: neither showed much.
                              Agreed, but Kabongo definitely showed me more. His defense and pressure looked great. He also had some nice drives to the rim. Machado literally couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a beach ball. The guy has zero shooting ability and will never make it in the league. I think we should bring Kabongo to camp and let him fight for the 3rd PG spot there.

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              Bruno: super excited. Really raw but the talent and physical tools are there.
                              Agree on Bruno. He has a great stroke, was hitting 3's and FT's, and his length was already very disruptive.

Bebe: Incomplete. He had not played since May 25th and was coming off an injury. Disappointing.
                              Bebe's best summer league game by far was his final one yesterday against the Clippers. His passing really intrigued me. It's rare to see a big man thread the needle like that. He also had more blocks than were counted because sometimes fouls were called on him but he still blocked the shit out of the shot. I like that Bebe knows his role. He only goes for stuff offensively when he's right by the basket, otherwise he looks for the pass. Working with McKenchie will be key for him, as I bet there are all sorts of little tweeks in his movement McKenchie will make to ensure he doesn't get those injuries again. Really excited to see his progress in the preseason games.

Daniels: Unfortunate circumstances. I think he showed enough to get on the roster but if he wants to play he will be better off heading to D-League or Europe. I have a feeling he is a shoe in for next year's roster.
                              I agree Daniels will be over in a year or two, either to replace Fields in a year or James Johnsons in 2 years. If he goes and starts somewhere in Europe I think that would be best. He still needs to fill out but he doesn't require the one on one attention Bruno and Bebe will. I think he just needs high level minutes to keep improving.

Whiteside: Meh.
                              Double meh. I don't want him on the roster.

As for the team, disappointing. I was actually excited after looking at the roster when released. It didn't turn out the way.

Next stop: July 22nd and Buycks D-Day.
                              D-Day came early as Buycks has already been announced as released. Kendall Marshall here we come?

Comment

• It's too bad Kabongo did not stay at Texas to get a degree. He would be a senior next season on a potential top ten team with everyone back from this past year's tournament team plus number two overall prospect 7 footer Myles Turner coming in as a recruit.

Comment

Working...
                                X