Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
    Really? Where are they at.

Mostly Anglo and immigrant areas, NDG, Mo West, West Isl, Dorval etc. Lil Burgundy has a lot of ballers. I agree coverage is terrible. Makes Toronto Media's Leafs/Jays bias look tame. When i went to the Preseason game at the Bell Centre it was packed, loud and very hype.

Also BBall is strangely popular up in Nunavik.
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Niagara Raptor wrote: View Post
      wooo Niagara 37% raptors
      interesting to see all the Celtics fans in Kentucky
      and who the hell is liking in baffin island?
      Rondo and to a lesser extent Keith Bogans (Antoine Walker perhaps, too) are responsible for the Kentucky interest in the Celtics.

What else is there to do in the darkness of the Arctic Winter but to watch sports on satellite?

Comment

God Dammit Vancouver, my beloved hometown, the Raps don't show up.

God Dammit.
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

did this a while ago but..... who is your second team?

I really enjoyed watching Phoenix this year
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Me too.

Phoenix
            Golden State
            Memphis

Come playoff time when all my other teams are gone, I'm on the Spurs bandwagon. Huge respect.

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
              Me too.

Phoenix
              Golden State
              Memphis

Come playoff time when all my other teams are gone, I'm on the Spurs bandwagon. Huge respect.
              Lol, I'm also riding on the Spurs wagon, always do in the playoffs.

My team B was Houston.
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
                Lmao, as a montrealer, there is so few media coverage to anything beside the NHL and the Canadiens that it makes any interest in any other sports a marginal interest. The remaining sports coverage (about 10%) is split between soccer, CFL and NFL.

The only people I know who are basketball fans were basketball players. And the Lakers/heat/Celtics connection is more related to in-store merchandise then basketball interest.

Really? Where are they at.
                In my area (Little Burgandy) there's a lot.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Fuck, I quoted the wrong post lol

Comment

I honestly don't have a second favorite team. I have teams that I prefer to cheer for more than others but in the end I just like to see games come down to the wire so during the course of a game between any two teams not named the Raptors I pull for whoever is losing.

Comment

It's interesting to compare this map to the baseball one. Baseball fans seem to have much stronger geographical ties. Lots of regional teams that control huge areas.

I would be very curious to see a soccer map. I wonder if local MLS teams break through Euro teams, or would the whole US and Canada be just Barcelona, Manchester United, Arsenal and Real.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                        I honestly don't have a second favorite team. I have teams that I prefer to cheer for more than others but in the end I just like to see games come down to the wire so during the course of a game between any two teams not named the Raptors I pull for whoever is losing.

Well I took a bet back in 1996 with a friend of mine who was a huge Sonics fan that said that whoever's team would get a ring first would force the loser into spending a full week wearing the winner's jersey EVERYWHERE (home, work, downtown, everywhere).

For a long time, we were both safe, cheering for losers. Then came Durant, and since then, I've been a massive anti-OKC fan come postseason. Whoever plays them has my unconditionnal support.

This is very painful, cause it basically means that in addition to that, I also have to cheer for the Heat in case OKC reaches the Finals, cause I don't see any other Eastern team able to take them down. And believe me, it sucks to cheer for the Heat...

But the minute the Thunder is out, oh boy, I haaaaate the Heat.

My wettest dream ? Sign KD in 2016, win the bet in 2017 and have him hit the streets with a Durant Raptors jersey on...

Comment

fanchie wrote: View Post
                          my wettest dream ? Sign kd in 2016, win the bet in 2017 and have him hit the streets with a durant raptors jersey on...
                          lol!
                          "Bruno?
                          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

In my area (Little Burgandy) there's a lot.

I guess I'm not living in the balling neighborhood.

I agree with that, I usually root for the team playing against the one I dislike or the underdog (used to that as a raptor fan).
                            Myself (March 2014):
                            The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                              Look at all those dirty Frenchy traitors. Raps didn't even make their top 3.
                              When the hell are we gonna kick them out of Canada already.
                              I'm french, so fuck off.

Merci.

Comment

I live in Winnipeg and me and my friends have made the 8 hour drive a couple times to go see the Raps in Minni. There were crazy amount of Raptor fans in the stands this year! The good part about Winnipeg is there is a very large Filipino population and they treat basketball like a religion. So many Laker fans though!
                                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Working...
                                X