View Poll Results: What is the absolute LOWEST pick in the 2014 draft that you'd take in exchange for Demar?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • #1 draft pick

    18 21.69%
  • #2 draft pick

    7 8.43%
  • #3 draft pick

    16 19.28%
  • #4 draft pick

    9 10.84%
  • #5 draft pick

    18 21.69%
  • #6 draft pick

    3 3.61%
  • #7 draft pick

    6 7.23%
  • #8 draft pick

    2 2.41%
  • #9 draft pick

    1 1.20%
  • #10 draft pick

    3 3.61%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 154

Thread: Demar for draft pick poll - don't freak out, read first

  1. #101
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,288
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    I don't wanna be a douche.

    But that was pretty much playing AGAINST the OP (which was supposed to be in a vacuum and ignoring whether or not any team would actually make the trade).

    I was just trying to figure how people on these boards valued Demar against the young prospects coming in, since if we'd tanked this year, we would have had to trade DD at pennies on the dollar.

    But I still love ya CRF.
    I'm curious why you feel this way. You don't think the Raptors could've tanked - purposefully or just by being bad - while retaining DeRozan?

    Personally, I think if Lowry had been dealt immediately after the Gay trade, the team would have crumbled. I can't foresee them rallying around each other the way they did with Lowry as the team's heart & soul and on-court leader. I expect DeRozan would have been severely dejected (and rightfully so) and the entire team would've played like dead men walking.

    I don't think even the most vocal and aggressive of tankers ever suggested trading DeRozan for anything less than maximum fair market value (of course there's lots of room for debate about what this may have been).

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Are we seriously discussing tanking right now...

  3. #103
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,288
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    Are we seriously discussing tanking right now...
    Nope. We're discussing why DeRozan would ever need to be traded for anything less than maximized fair market value, be it past, present or future. Come on now, keep up!

    As a 'hater', I'd hate (really, no need to air quotes) to trade a valuable asset at anything less. If anything, I'd hope multiple interest would lead to a bidding war. Any discussion of trading DeRozan has always come from a place that truly believes the net result would be the Raptors improving in the long-term (debatable of course).
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed May 14th, 2014 at 04:01 PM.

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Nope. We're discussing why DeRozan would ever need to be traded for anything less than maximized fair market value, be it past, present or future. Come on now, keep up!

    As a 'hater', I'd hate (really, no need to air quotes) to trade a valuable asset at anything less. If anything, I'd hope multiple interest would lead to a bidding war. Any discussion of trading DeRozan has always come from a place that truly believes the net result would be the Raptors improving in the long-term (debatable of course).
    Don't talk to me like that please I'm not 6.

  5. #105
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,960
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    Don't talk to me like that please I'm not 6.
    chill out man.

  6. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
  7. #106
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,960
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I'm curious why you feel this way. You don't think the Raptors could've tanked - purposefully or just by being bad - while retaining DeRozan?

    Personally, I think if Lowry had been dealt immediately after the Gay trade, the team would have crumbled. I can't foresee them rallying around each other the way they did with Lowry as the team's heart & soul and on-court leader. I expect DeRozan would have been severely dejected (and rightfully so) and the entire team would've played like dead men walking.

    I don't think even the most vocal and aggressive of tankers ever suggested trading DeRozan for anything less than maximum fair market value (of course there's lots of room for debate about what this may have been).
    Yeah, that's not actually where I got the idea if I'm being honest.

    I started this thread when the DD thread blew up the other morning. I wanted to figure out a way to get a gist for the overall perception of Demar's value to this team (not on the trade market).

    I wanted to see if people actually had dramatically different opinions on him, and since prospects are ranked neatly in a bunch of places, I thought that was a better place to start than with actual players where we have to start considering fit and the situation their in right now vs. the one they'll be in on the raptors and how different people feel about different players.

    I guess, given the nature of the draft and the way picks are necessarily organized in an orderly way from likely best to likely worst, this was the best way to do it.

    The tanking thing is kind of a nice extra though, but you're probably right about trading Lowry = tank, while keeping DD.

  8. Like CalgaryRapsFan liked this post
  9. #107
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,841
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote special1 wrote: View Post
    Chances of Nilanka eating crow 100% LOL
    What the hell is up with the eat crow bullshit?

    Have you ever been wrong about something? Have you ever felt extremely shamed and humiliated by how wrong you are?

    I doubt anyone on these forums would. And this just smacks of condescension. So fucking annoying. People are entitled to opinions, and people are also entitled to disagree. No one needs to eat crow for anything.

  10. Like Nilanka, OldSkoolCool, mcHAPPY liked this post
  11. #108
    Raptors Republic Starter special1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    704
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Nope. We're discussing why DeRozan would ever need to be traded for anything less than maximized fair market value, be it past, present or future. Come on now, keep up!

    As a 'hater', I'd hate (really, no need to air quotes) to trade a valuable asset at anything less. If anything, I'd hope multiple interest would lead to a bidding war. Any discussion of trading DeRozan has always come from a place that truly believes the net result would be the Raptors improving in the long-term (debatable of course).
    But but.... Last off-season you wanted to trade Demar back when his value wasn't nearly as high as it is now.....
    If you had your way you absolutely would've received less (due to your own impatience and undervaluing your own asset).

    You know less than a year ago posters (admittedly i'm not sure if it was CalgaryRapsFan or Nilanka) viewed Martell Webster as a better player with more value than Demar. LMAO Funny how things change in less than a year. Would you even discuss trading a top 10 pick in this year's draft for Martell Webster? Hell no....

    I guess my point is that value is subjective. It seems that most posters on here would only trade him for a chance at Wiggins because they really value Demar. Then you have other posters still trying to find a way to move him because they "don't like his game."

  12. #109
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,960
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote special1 wrote: View Post
    But but.... Last off-season you wanted to trade Demar back when his value wasn't nearly as high as it is now.....
    If you had your way you absolutely would've received less (due to your own impatience and undervaluing your own asset).

    You know less than a year ago posters (admittedly i'm not sure if it was CalgaryRapsFan or Nilanka) viewed Martell Webster as a better player with more value than Demar. LMAO Funny how things change in less than a year. Would you even discuss trading a top 10 pick in this year's draft for Martell Webster? Hell no....

    I guess my point is that value is subjective. It seems that most posters on here would only trade him for a chance at Wiggins because they really value Demar. Then you have other posters still trying to find a way to move him because they "don't like his game."
    value to the team is subjective. value on the trade market is objective.

    but guys, guys come on. this was a completely hypothetical thread. i'm just asking for people's opinions, no need to get nasty.

  13. Like planetmars liked this post
  14. #110
    Raptors Republic Starter special1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    704
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    What the hell is up with the eat crow bullshit?

    Have you ever been wrong about something? Have you ever felt extremely shamed and humiliated by how wrong you are?

    I doubt anyone on these forums would. And this just smacks of condescension. So fucking annoying. People are entitled to opinions, and people are also entitled to disagree. No one needs to eat crow for anything.
    Must be boring in Europe/Africa or wherever the hell you are. Chill out....just poking fun at someone. Really has nothing to do with you anyways. Must you always share your opinion of a joke? Weird.

  15. #111
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,996
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'd take a second rounder, a BJ from a toothless hooker, and bag of doritos left behind on a park bench for him.


    Wait...

    Are we talking about John Salmons?

  16. Like mountio, Joey, Just Is, 007, special1, stooley liked this post
  17. #112
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,841
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote special1 wrote: View Post
    Must be boring in Europe/Africa or wherever the hell you are. Chill out....just poking fun at someone. Really has nothing to do with you anyways. Must you always share your opinion of a joke? Weird.
    Europe/Africa? WTF? I live in Toronto.

    And it was a general statement since you and some others have made the same remark. It is just annoying and doesn't add anything to any discussion. Nor is it funny as a joke.

    Must I share my opinion of a joke? Maybe when it's so bad that it's not even evident that it is a joke, yes.

  18. #113
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,960
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Europe/Africa? WTF? I live in Toronto.

    And it was a general statement since you and some others have made the same remark. It is just annoying and doesn't add anything to any discussion. Nor is it funny as a joke.

    Must I share my opinion of a joke? Maybe when it's so bad that it's not even evident that it is a joke, yes.
    For the record, it came across as light hearted to me.

    Because the odds of him eating crow on saying that KD isn't coming here are realistically 0.000032%

  19. #114
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,841
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    For the record, it came across as light hearted to me.

    Because the odds of him eating crow on saying that KD isn't coming here are realistically 0.000032%
    It just bugs me in general as an expression, especially used against someone. Now, if someone admits for themselves that they'll eat crow for being so wrong, that's fine.

    But someone else using it is the equivalent of going "na na na na na na, you're wrong and i'm right and you're a big stupid head" while trying to not sound childish.

  20. #115
    Raptors Republic Starter special1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    704
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Europe/Africa? WTF? I live in Toronto.

    And it was a general statement since you and some others have made the same remark. It is just annoying and doesn't add anything to any discussion. Nor is it funny as a joke.

    Must I share my opinion of a joke? Maybe when it's so bad that it's not even evident that it is a joke, yes.
    Tough crowd....lol Honestly, it was just a lil fun i was poking. I really didn't expect it to piss you off so much. Especially considering that it wasn't even directed at you.

  21. #116
    Raptors Republic All-Star 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    1,944
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Welp, this thread has been killed.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

  22. #117
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Knowing MU, he would trade DD for a draft pick + someone useful to the team. Since salaries have to be matched, I expect there'd be either a big SF or shot blocking center in return. So, I'm gonna say for DD + 20th pick = 6th pick + useful additional to the team.

  23. #118
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    1,344
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    DD for Wilson Chandler + #11? Seems like a decent return (maybe a little low). Chandler + 11 + Mozgov might do. Backup C, starting SF, plus we keep our 20th, and maybe 11+20+37 gets us into the top 6. If not, 11 might get us Ennis on the chance Lowry decides to go elsewhere, and 20 could grab us a backup SF defensive specialist.

  24. #119
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,873
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    DD for Wilson Chandler + #11? Seems like a decent return (maybe a little low). Chandler + 11 + Mozgov might do. Backup C, starting SF, plus we keep our 20th, and maybe 11+20+37 gets us into the top 6. If not, 11 might get us Ennis on the chance Lowry decides to go elsewhere, and 20 could grab us a backup SF defensive specialist.
    love mozgov.
    For The Win

  25. #120
    Raptors Republic All-Star 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    1,944
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    love mozgov.
    I Love this:

    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •