Vasquez says that KD will come to Toronto to win championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thead wrote: View Post
    do people seriously think we have a chance at landing Kevin Durant? I mean I don't want to be mean guys but I think we just assume that isn't happening
    Someone's got to win us those championships that lieweke promised, right?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
      Re:Bold
      Remember in 2 years were gonna get a much better Ross than the one we witnessed in the playoffs
      Ross is surely gonna make more than 6mill once his rookie contract is up, I would say he would atleast get 8mill
      He's not "surely" going to make more than 8M at all. I think Wesley Matthews is a good bench mark for him (I'm talking about rookie Wes that got 6M per year for 4 years.)

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
        He's not "surely" going to make more than 8M at all. I think Wesley Matthews is a good bench mark for him (I'm talking about rookie Wes that got 6M per year for 4 years.)
        Yeah you're right its not "surely" but the way some players are paid in the NBA right now Ross getting 8mill isn't out of the question, Ross not even being here isn't out of the question either
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Bold:

We need Jonas to become a perennial Allstar if we're trying to lure a big FA such as KD
          That's what I'm arguing buddy. We are on the same page. I just said that you paraphrased it
          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
            That's what I'm arguing buddy. We are on the same page. I just said that you paraphrased it

Comment

Yeah you're right its not "surely" but the way some players are paid in the NBA right now Ross getting 8mill isn't out of the question, Ross not even being here isn't out of the question either
              I don't care about that. Just don't use absolutes for things that aren't absolute.

Comment

I don't care about that. Just don't use absolutes for things that aren't absolute.
                Sure thing Buddy

Comment

man i hate to point this out to you... the way you talk, you come off as a grumpy grandma. stop it there. respect others man.

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
                    man i hate to point this out to you... the way you talk, you come off as a grumpy grandma. stop it there. respect others man.
                    When I said "I don't care about that" I mean about the fact that I was right.

Guess that came out wrong my bad.

Comment

Can we just take a moment and fantasize how good KD would be on the Raptors in the Leastern Conference. Just KD, Lowry, Ross and JV on their own — never mind Amir or Demar, pretend those two get abducted by aliens — those 4 would be at least a 50 win team in the east, right?

Comment

Greivis is all talk. It's actually quite annoying now. The man's just trying to get paid. Who cares if Greivis is KD's ex highschool teammate? Who the hell wants to leave a championship bound team to play with Greivis Vasquez? Nobody.

Comment

I think what is likely to lead KD to leave OKC is luxury tax avoidance.

KD, Ibaka, and Westbrook are going to take up $50M in salary. That leaves them strapped for the rest of the roster. It will help when Perkins expires.

However if Jackson ends up being another Harden, I think the frustration could boil over as pieces that will help win a championship are continually lost as they approach their prime because OKC can't pay them after the rookie contract ends.

Obviously this is me talking out of my bottom, not fact, just opinion.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

KD, Ibaka, and Westbrook are going to take up $50M in salary. That leaves them strapped for the rest of the roster. It will help when Perkins expires.

However if Jackson ends up being another Harden, I think the frustration could boil over as pieces that will help win a championship are continually lost as they approach their prime because OKC can't pay them after the rookie contract ends.

I think it's pretty substantiated, considering what happened with Harden.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

Speaking of Reggie Jackson.....I really really really wish we could offer something to get that guy. I would honestly be willing to let Lowry walk *gasp*.... Would LOVE to have that guy on the Raptors. Maybe if we can get Reggie Jackson, that could convince KD to come here in 2016?... GV could be the backup

Comment

depending upon the pieces Toronto can keep.... KD will likely look hard at coming here. Not for friends, or for anything other than Toronto has a blossuming STAR center, 2 guard and pg. A serviceable 4 in PP and AJ, and he would be the 3.....with Ross as a 6.

thats fucking killer if you base it off the growth charts every player has been exhibiting.

Comment

Working...
                                X