Vasquez says that KD will come to Toronto to win championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    Lmao. So when we trade DeRozan for a draft pick, the whole "proven talent" narrative goes out the window. But we can't draft competent rotation players with first round picks?

Talk about a double standard. You have zero credibility in this post and your whole argument.
    You'll notice my post said nothing about the proceeds of trading DeRozan.

So you can add that as flexibility to option B. More assets is a good thing - especially on a rookie contract.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      Yeah, I agree.

And since Leiweke is a man who likes to swing for the fences...

...why don't we add Kevin Love to the mix! If he was around, our chances of getting Durant would skyrocket, I think.

Could one of the salary cap guys here throw out a scenario where having both Love and Durant on the roster is a possibility? I'm assuming that this means one of Lowry/DD would have to be gone, but is there not a way that one of them could stay (ideally, for me, Lowry)?
      About $20 in cap space on 2015-16 which would be fairly easy

Same for 2016-17 which would require tough decisions.

Comment

Lmao. So when we trade DeRozan for a draft pick, the whole "proven talent" narrative goes out the window. But we can't draft competent rotation players with first round picks?

Talk about a double standard. You have zero credibility in this post and your whole argument.
        You'll notice my post said nothing about the proceeds of trading DeRozan.

So you can add that as flexibility to option B. More assets is a good thing - especially on a rookie contract.

Also both scenarios have the same picks minus proceeds of trading DeRozan. I'm not seeing double standard in this scenario.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
          Yeah, I agree.

And since Leiweke is a man who likes to swing for the fences...

...why don't we add Kevin Love to the mix! If he was around, our chances of getting Durant would skyrocket, I think.

Could one of the salary cap guys here throw out a scenario where having both Love and Durant on the roster is a possibility? I'm assuming that this means one of Lowry/DD would have to be gone, but is there not a way that one of them could stay (ideally, for me, Lowry)?
          Could send DeRozan, Amir and maybe a pick or two to 'Sota for Love. I think they bite on that.

Re-Up Lowry (not gonna leave if Love is there), and then maintain flexibility for 2016 to sign Durant.

That's a DeRozan trade I can get behind. Not moving the dude for fucking Nik Stauskas.

To pull that off though we would have to not give Ross the QO in 2016 Free agency.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
            meh same thing could be said about us. amir has been broken all season, by 2016 he'll probably be dead. he'll also be FA after next season. same with vasquez, patterson and pretty much our entire bench. we don't even know if lowry is coming back yet, and derozan could easily leave with his player option as well.
            Ouch. That sounds terrrrrrible as a franchise. I mean that's fucked up man. Imagine that happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Could send DeRozan, Amir and maybe a pick or two to 'Sota for Love. I think they bite on that.

Re-Up Lowry (not gonna leave if Love is there), and then maintain flexibility for 2016 to sign Durant.

That's a DeRozan trade I can get behind. Not moving the dude for fucking Nik Stauskas.

To pull that off though we would have to not give Ross the QO in 2016 Free agency.
              Can we keep either of Gravy or 2Pat?
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                He'd be attracted for a number of reasons. Eventually a superstar will want to take on the challenge of being the guy for the Raptors. The fan base has the NBA talking, ownership and management are changing the goals and expectations of all of the teams and by all accounts they are putting their money where their mouth is. A superstar like KD would bring the major networks to Toronto for most of the games so he'd still have the exposure he wants. KD would have an entire country supporting him. Internationally the Raptors are actually quite popular and believe it or not Drake has had a lot to do with that. Guys like KD make a shit ton of money on overseas deals so with the Raptors looking to expand their brand globally it brings the opportunity for very lucrative endorsement deals.

Case and point for the Drake bringing attention globally. There was over 1billion Internet searches over a 3 day period for 'drake and raptors' when the Raptors announced drake as the global ambassador and the all star game in Toronto.
                i'm not sure any of these count as reasons why KD would want to come here. you basically described what would happen to ANY team in ANY city that KD goes to. international attention? hes already getting that in oklahoma of all places, without needing to 'bring major networks' there. an entire country supporting him? why would that really matter? it didn't to carter or bosh. shit ton of money? KD will be taxed WAY more here than he does in oklahoma.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                  i'm not sure any of these count as reasons why KD would want to come here. you basically described what would happen to ANY team in ANY city that KD goes to. international attention? hes already getting that in oklahoma of all places, without needing to 'bring major networks' there. an entire country supporting him? why would that really matter? it didn't to carter or bosh. shit ton of money? KD will be taxed WAY more here than he does in oklahoma.
                  The Toronto Raptors with KD have more international support that OKC with KD. Carter left because the team mishandled him and bosh left because the team was shit and he had a chance to play with LeBron. As far as the taxes go ya thats an issue. I always wondered why athletes don't incorporate themselves then pay themselves a dividend. Also, every professional athlete wants to play for their favorite team growing up, so maybe that counts for something?
                  Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                  Because its 2015

Comment

That would be great - risky, with Love coming up on free agency, but a risk worth taking.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
                      KEvin Durant has opened a couple of restaurants in Oklahoma City and has really bonds with the city.

Obviously he also plays with Westbrook, which is a good enough reason to want out.
                      Did you see Simmons' last article on KD? Could KD be a loyal-to-the-end Duncan type who will stick it out in OKC? Big difference there is Duncan has such a great situation, he didn't really have a reason to leave. KD may love his teammates and the city, but the big factor in my opinion will be how successful management and coaching are in team-building between now and the end of his contract. If they're even competent in maintaining that roster, I'd bet KD stays.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        Did you see Simmons' last article on KD? Could KD be a loyal-to-the-end Duncan type who will stick it out in OKC? Big difference there is Duncan has such a great situation, he didn't really have a reason to leave. KD may love his teammates and the city, but the big factor in my opinion will be how successful management and coaching are in team-building between now and the end of his contract. If they're even competent in maintaining that roster, I'd bet KD stays.
                        And let's not forget that Duncan ALMOST DID leave in 2000 to the Orlando Magic to team up with Grant Hill (T-Mac wasn't an established star yet).

Comment

• If Kevin Durant ever signs with the toronto raptors ill seriously send every member on this board 2 dollars quote me or sig me ill do it.

Comment

• I've said this before, but making moves solely to get KD in 2016 is a quick path to failure. Folks, there's less than a 5% chance that he comes here. Let's not sell the cow to get the magic beans.
                            That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• TrossTheBOSS wrote: View Post
                              If Kevin Durant ever signs with the toronto raptors ill seriously send every member on this board 2 dollars quote me or sig me ill do it.
                              Yessss I just acquired 2 dollars 3 years from now. Can't fucking wait
                              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                                I've said this before, but making moves solely to get KD in 2016 is a quick path to failure. Folks, there's less than a 5% chance that he comes here. Let's not sell the cow to get the magic beans.
                                You can have yourself in a position to go after KD, fail, and still leave yourself with a lot of options.

Comment

Working...
                                X