No announcement yet.

Vasquez says that KD will come to Toronto to win championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to be a downer, but a lot of the same people saying #KD2016 are the same people who want to trade DeMar.

Trade DeMar for anything that's not a current star and Lowry is gone and we're not sniffing Durant in 2016.

Comment

The only people who read this and believe it are Fanatic Raptor fans and Vasquez himself he is shopping for a big contract from Toronto and what is the best way to get it : Declare your love for the city and fans here

If you have watched KD's MVP speech, then you know what kind of man he is, what his teammates mean to him, what he means to them and what he means to that franchise and that city.

Then add to it Ibaka and Russell and if you still believe KD is coming to Toronto, think about all those big market teams with history and banners to back them up down in US wanting him at the same time.

There is a ZERO chance of KD coming to Toronto in 2016 unless we make it to NBA finals next year and KD does not win a title this year and next year at OKC.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
        Not to be a downer, but a lot of the same people saying #KD2016 are the same people who want to trade DeMar.

Trade DeMar for anything that's not a current star and Lowry is gone and we're not sniffing Durant in 2016.
        Keep DeMar and we're not sniffing Durant in 2016. Won't have the cap space if he stays.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

if we can get KD IN 2016 and he actually wants to come here, who cares about the cap.

Comment

Evia99 wrote: View Post
            if we can get KD IN 2016 and he actually wants to come here, who cares about the cap.
            The NBA office, who will tell you that you cannot sign him without the cap space. So maybe you should care too.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
              The NBA office, who will tell you that you cannot sign him without the cap space. So maybe you should care too.
              Yeah, you aren't allowed to just go over the cap whenever you want. Lots of people don't realize that because of teams like the Nets.

There are very specific circumstances and exceptions where you are allowed to go over the cap. Outside of those exceptions, it acts like a hard cap.
              "Bruno?
              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Gonna leave this here as well.

If we trade DeMar for a draft pick and that player is not a star within a season we have a 0% chance of getting Durant.

2016 Offseason (As things currently stand):

DeRozan: 14.25M Cap Hold
                Lowry: 11M
                Jonas: 11.65M Cap Hold
                Ross: 8.88M Cap Hold
                2014, 2015, 2016 1st Round Picks (2 in 2016): 5M
                4 Empty Spots Roster Charge: 2.17M
                TOTAL: $52.95M

I think I included everything. The salary cap in 2016-17 is projected to be around 70M if it continues to increase at the same rate as it will from 14/15 to 15/16 (http://newsok.com/kevin-durant-imagi...rticle/4815024). If anyone has a better estimate link me to it I've been searching for a while.

With that said, a Durant max deal would start at 21M, so we'd be 4M shy of being able to offer him a max. This could be mediated by signing Val and/or Ross to extensions in the 2015 offseason for less than the value of their 2016 cap holds (which is quite likely, say 6M a year for Ross and 10M for Jonas).

So yes in theory we could keep Lowry, Ross, Val, DeRozan and our 4 1st round picks over the next 3 drafts and still sign Durant. It would just mean giving guys like Vasquez, Amir and 2Pat 2 year deals or 2 year + team option deals to avoid having that excess salary on the books.

Comment

Gonna leave this here as well.
                  The biggest problem with that is that adding Durant to a lineup already featuring DeRozan and Lowry, would be a replication of the Rudy Gay debacle. A team can't function with that many ball-dominant players in the lineup. Just like when Gay was acquired, I would argue that Ross is a much better fit at the SG spot because his style of game is far more complimentary (ie: doesn't need the ball in his hands, spreads the floor).

Comment

You just compared KD to Rudy Gay. Stop.

Comment

ryanc123 wrote: View Post
                      You just compared KD to Rudy Gay. Stop.
                      Ever watch an OKC game? You don't think KD is a ball-dominant player? That was the extent of my comparison.

My point was that DeRozan has never excelled as an off-the-ball player and doesn't play the style of game that is conducive to being successful without the ball in his hands.

If KD is interested in coming here, you roll out the red carpet and cash-in DeRozan, to further improve the supporting cast. Easy solution.

Comment

I have always wondered if KD was a ball dominant player by the simple fact that if he gives it to Westbrook, he likely won'T get it back. HE always seems to play a better OVERALL game when Russel is hurt. I'm sure both Demar and Durant could work out as a starting wings as Demar is unselfish as a player.
                        Myself (March 2014):
                        The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          The biggest problem with that is that adding Durant to a lineup already featuring DeRozan and Lowry, would be a replication of the Rudy Gay debacle. A team can't function with that many ball-dominant players in the lineup. Just like when Gay was acquired, I would argue that Ross is a much better fit at the SG spot because his style of game is far more complimentary (ie: doesn't need the ball in his hands, spreads the floor).
                          I'd rather pair a slashing shooting guard with Durant than a 3+D guy.

And the problem with Gay was an unwillingness to pass the basketball, he's an inherently selfish player (or at least played like one in Toronto). Durant and DeRozan are both willing passers, and additionally, unlike Gay can do a lot of damage off the ball. Gay has only 34% of his FGs assisted while Durant and DeRozan are at 47% and 50% respectively.

Comment

Ross would be perfect next to Durant, it's Durant ffs. Durants an amazing ball handler, he has the ball in his hands all the time and can get to the foul line at will as well. Ross would be a great compliment. Lowry as the complimentary ball handler, Ross spotting up shooting threes and occasionally cutting to the bucket. Mmmmmmmm.
                            He flourishes with the offensive juggernaut of Perkins, Sefolosha and Scott Brooks's playbook to contend with. A perimeter trio of Lowry, Ross and KD would be lights out. Yes please.

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
                              Ross would be perfect next to Durant, it's Durant ffs. Durants an amazing ball handler, he has the ball in his hands all the time and can get to the foul line at will as well. Ross would be a great compliment. Lowry as the complimentary ball handler, Ross spotting up shooting threes and occasionally cutting to the bucket. Mmmmmmmm.
                              He flourishes with the offensive juggernaut of Perkins, Sefolosha and Scott Brooks's playbook to contend with. A perimeter trio of Lowry, Ross and KD would be lights out. Yes please.

You add in a traditional PF alongside Valanciunas in the front court and damn, that's looking goooood!

Comment

I'm just wondering why Durant would come here with no DeRozan...? I'd assume he wants to team up with star talent?

Comment

Working...
                                X