Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could pick any PF to pair with Jonas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could pick any PF to pair with Jonas...

Who would it be?

For me it would be Ibaka. Elite rim protector with his shot blocking, doesn't need possessions in the post to be satisfied offensively, and has range out to the 3 point line (from the corners).

Anthony Davis

Comment

Tim Duncan. The knowledge he would gain by being mentored by Timmy would be huge for Jonas' career.

As far as whom I would like to see JV play the rest of his career along side of...I was going to say Blake Griffin, but he doesn't exactly bring it defensively, so I like BigCamB's suggestion of Anthony Davis.

Comment

Ibaka is a great choice, I'd be more than happy with that. I'll throw Taj Gibson into the mix. I think he has the right balance of offense and defense to help support Jonas.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
          Ibaka is a great choice, I'd be more than happy with that. I'll throw Taj Gibson into the mix. I think he has the right balance of offense and defense to help support Jonas.
          I second Taj. He's like a slightly more versatile (on offense), slightly stronger, slightly healthier Amir
          "Bruno?
          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Kevin Love is sort of a boring answer.

Looking at value/productivity I might want to throw this guy in the discussion :

Terrific glue guy that can shoot the 3, defend and pass.
            Myself (March 2014):
            The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

Horford would be a great fit.

Leave the perimeter to the wings and PG. With Valanciunas' potential range (think Luc Longley out to foul line and baselines), I want a traditional low-post banger instead of a stretch-4. He has to be able to rebound and play defense too.

Comment

Bosh, and it's not even close.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  Horford would be a great fit.

Leave the perimeter to the wings and PG. With Valanciunas' potential range (think Luc Longley out to foul line and baselines), I want a traditional low-post banger instead of a stretch-4. He has to be able to rebound and play defense too.
                  Horford would be good but i think Unibrow suits the best

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                    Bosh, and it's not even close.
                    Lol how is it not even close?
                    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Karl Malone
                      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

A couple of seasons ago I would not have chosen him...Blake Griffin is a force as a PF now in multiple areas and probably could mold his game to work well with JV.

Comment

Yeah a guy like Ibaka or Gibson would be perfect, i think. Need someone athletic since Val can be kinda slow and plodding.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Either Lebron or KD

Hard to find a best where there are so many good ones out there and most of the good ones are unattainable.

Best of the best would be Love, Davis and Griffin. Love maybe attainable but he's off to LA or Chicago in my opinion.

Bosh/Zbo could be attainable but are both older now.

Duncan/Nowitzki are not going anywhere.

So next in line would be Aldridge, Horford, Ibaka, Jefferson, Millsap and Monroe.

Oddly enough I think Horford is probably the easiest to get from this list. Especially if Atlanta has interest in Monroe.

Comment

Yeah, I'm going to cheat and take LeBron. No one said it has to be one of the big PFs.

Comment

Working...
                              X