Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 61 to 69 of 69

Thread: If DeRozan was a free agent this offseason, what kind of offers does he get?

  1. #61
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,156
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm not a mod, so I'm going to say this:

  2. #62
    Raptors Republic Starter OptimalOptimist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    RaptorLand
    Posts
    390
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Couple millions under Harden an average of 13.5-14 millions seems like market value.
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

  3. #63
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    214
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Max salaries benefit the majority of NBA players, not the owners. If LBJ and his ilk make 90% of the salary cap, then 90% of the league makes the minimum salary. You can see why the union would push for max salaries. They are representing the players as a whole.
    Hey Dan, is this a new rule with the latest collective bargaining agreement? How is it possible that LBJ, Bosh and Wade all make more than 25% of the salary cap? They all make north of $18.5M per year.

  4. #64
    Raptors Republic All-Star imanshumpert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,272
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CT2010 wrote: View Post
    Hey Dan, is this a new rule with the latest collective bargaining agreement? How is it possible that LBJ, Bosh and Wade all make more than 25% of the salary cap? They all make north of $18.5M per year.
    http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm

    Just read through that, you'll understand everything afterwards.

  5. #65
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    1,043
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CT2010 wrote: View Post
    Hey Dan, is this a new rule with the latest collective bargaining agreement? How is it possible that LBJ, Bosh and Wade all make more than 25% of the salary cap? They all make north of $18.5M per year.
    Max salaries are a kind of soft max. A player's individual maximum salary is the greater of a) the 25% or equivalent number you posted or b) 5% higher than their last year's salary. So if a player is already making the max, they can earn more than the max on their next payday. Also, the max applies only to first year salary in a contract. You can build in up to 7.5% annual raises, so that by the third or fourth year of the contract, the player can be well above the nominal maximum salary. Note that years of doing this can lead to huge salaries - such as Kobe's 30M this past year.

  6. #66
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,430
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Max salaries are a kind of soft max. A player's individual maximum salary is the greater of a) the 25% or equivalent number you posted or b) 5% higher than their last year's salary. So if a player is already making the max, they can earn more than the max on their next payday. Also, the max applies only to first year salary in a contract. You can build in up to 7.5% annual raises, so that by the third or fourth year of the contract, the player can be well above the nominal maximum salary. Note that years of doing this can lead to huge salaries - such as Kobe's 30M this past year.
    Well Kobe's deal was signed before this most recent CBA. I'm not sure anyone could get that high with the new one .. could they?

    Dan = Coon.

    (I mean that as a compliment. I realize that word is also meant in a derogatory way at times ...)
    In Masai we Trust.

  7. #67
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,430
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CT2010 wrote: View Post
    Hey Dan, is this a new rule with the latest collective bargaining agreement? How is it possible that LBJ, Bosh and Wade all make more than 25% of the salary cap? They all make north of $18.5M per year.
    Lebron and Bosh both took less than the Max as well, so they could resign Haslem, as I recall.
    In Masai we Trust.

  8. #68
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    1,043
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    Well Kobe's deal was signed before this most recent CBA. I'm not sure anyone could get that high with the new one .. could they?

    Dan = Coon.

    (I mean that as a compliment. I realize that word is also meant in a derogatory way at times ...)
    Kobe was helped along by higher maximums when he signed his original deal, but there's nothing in the new CBA that would prevent a player getting that much eventually. Actually, it takes several max extensions to get that high anyway, so odds are, any player making that much will have signed their original deal in the previous iteration of the CBA (or the one before that).

  9. #69
    Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,026
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    ~$12 million a year. I think DD has a better rep around the league than he does with Raptor fans. Taking the nature of restricted free agency into consideration and looking at what less accomplished young players have received, I feel like he'd get a $50 million over 4 years type offer.
    Last edited by Fully; Sat May 17th, 2014 at 04:21 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •