Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If DeRozan was a free agent this offseason, what kind of offers does he get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not a mod, so I'm going to say this:

Comment

Couple millions under Harden an average of 13.5-14 millions seems like market value.
      Myself (March 2014):
      The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
        Max salaries benefit the majority of NBA players, not the owners. If LBJ and his ilk make 90% of the salary cap, then 90% of the league makes the minimum salary. You can see why the union would push for max salaries. They are representing the players as a whole.
        Hey Dan, is this a new rule with the latest collective bargaining agreement? How is it possible that LBJ, Bosh and Wade all make more than 25% of the salary cap? They all make north of $18.5M per year.

Comment

CT2010 wrote: View Post
          Hey Dan, is this a new rule with the latest collective bargaining agreement? How is it possible that LBJ, Bosh and Wade all make more than 25% of the salary cap? They all make north of $18.5M per year.
          http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm

Just read through that, you'll understand everything afterwards.

Comment

Max salaries are a kind of soft max. A player's individual maximum salary is the greater of a) the 25% or equivalent number you posted or b) 5% higher than their last year's salary. So if a player is already making the max, they can earn more than the max on their next payday. Also, the max applies only to first year salary in a contract. You can build in up to 7.5% annual raises, so that by the third or fourth year of the contract, the player can be well above the nominal maximum salary. Note that years of doing this can lead to huge salaries - such as Kobe's 30M this past year.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
              Max salaries are a kind of soft max. A player's individual maximum salary is the greater of a) the 25% or equivalent number you posted or b) 5% higher than their last year's salary. So if a player is already making the max, they can earn more than the max on their next payday. Also, the max applies only to first year salary in a contract. You can build in up to 7.5% annual raises, so that by the third or fourth year of the contract, the player can be well above the nominal maximum salary. Note that years of doing this can lead to huge salaries - such as Kobe's 30M this past year.
              Well Kobe's deal was signed before this most recent CBA. I'm not sure anyone could get that high with the new one .. could they?

Dan = Coon.

(I mean that as a compliment. I realize that word is also meant in a derogatory way at times ...)

Comment

Lebron and Bosh both took less than the Max as well, so they could resign Haslem, as I recall.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                  Well Kobe's deal was signed before this most recent CBA. I'm not sure anyone could get that high with the new one .. could they?

Dan = Coon.

(I mean that as a compliment. I realize that word is also meant in a derogatory way at times ...)
                  Kobe was helped along by higher maximums when he signed his original deal, but there's nothing in the new CBA that would prevent a player getting that much eventually. Actually, it takes several max extensions to get that high anyway, so odds are, any player making that much will have signed their original deal in the previous iteration of the CBA (or the one before that).
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

~$12 million a year. I think DD has a better rep around the league than he does with Raptor fans. Taking the nature of restricted free agency into consideration and looking at what less accomplished young players have received, I feel like he'd get a $50 million over 4 years type offer.
                    Last edited by Fully; Sat May 17, 2014, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X