The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

Phew!!

Comment

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

Time for Raptors to pull a Weltman where by you double the "normal" salary of position.

Weltman was making about $500K with Bucks and with Raps he is getting $1M.... at least that is what I recall from last year.

Comment

Nurse better stay. Steve Kerr can kiss my ass

Comment

Yeah, contract or not, players, managers and exec generally become sour when you force them to pass up a promotion.

Comment

I don't really see why he would. He's got roughly the same position here, and he could be the next head coach of TOR if Casey screws up
                    @Boymusic66

Comment

Can we trade a coach for a draft pick and/or player?
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                        Can we trade a coach for a draft pick and/or player?
                        Clippers gave up a future first for Doc.
                        @Boymusic66

Comment

When I spoke to Nick Nurse, he gave me a blunt, "I don't know" and alluded that he might go with Kerr to NY. Now that Kerr is in Golden State, one can speculate even more.

That was weeks ago when we talked so maybe things have changed. He might stay, he might not.

Comment

Fair89 wrote: View Post
                            When I spoke to Nick Nurse, he gave me a blunt, "I don't know" and alluded that he might go with Kerr to NY. Now that Kerr is in Golden State, one can speculate even more.

That was weeks ago when we talked so maybe things have changed. He might stay, he might not.
                            Who are you? lol
                            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Fair89 wrote: View Post

Considering how hard it is to break into coaching at the NBA level, and how disposable coaches are, all coaches probably see themselves as mercenaries willing to take whatever opportunity is best for them.

Unless you're a Hall of Fame coach, most Execs, fans (and some players) have zero-loyalty to coaches. We shouldn't be surprised if coaches have zero-loyalty to an organization.

Not only do the Warriors have an intriguing roster, but Nurse would likely have more influence behind the scenes with a 1st year head coach at the helm, than here with Casey, who has been coaching for 20-plus years.
                              Last edited by bryan colangelo; Sun May 18, 2014, 04:59 PM.

Comment

If we lose Nurse then the Casey re-hire will look shitty in hindsight. I have to think Masai is grooming Nurse as the coach of the future. The only thing he didn't have on his resume was NBA Assistant. He's had championship level success everywhere he has coached. He completely fixed Casey's retarded offense. Luckily MLSE is willing to spend now, because losing Nurse over $1M a year extra pay would be criminally stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X