Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 83

Thread: Los Angeles Lakers and their draft pick.

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    646
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Los Angeles Lakers and their draft pick.

    It has been reported that Mitch Kupchak is willing to trade away the Lakers first round pick for a good offer. Also, they would like to acquire a pick in the mid/late first round. (I still don't get why but whatever)

    Trade: DeRozan+20th pick for the potential top 6 pick.

    Why we do it: DeRozan's my favourite player in the NBA but nobody's this stupid to think about trading a first round top 5 pick in a loaded draft like this and we have to take advantage of it. The pick will be 1-9 for sure. If the pick lands top 3, we could get a Parker or Wiggins because I have a feeling Embiid may go top 2. But the pick could land at 6 and we could get Exum or Smart.

    Why Lakers do it: They get a 24 year old all star who is constantly improving every single year. When Kobe's gone, they've got a capable SG to lead them. And I think DeMar would be happy to play for his hometown team in California. Also the 20th pick can be a valuable player if they draft with it correctly.

    Thoughts?

  2. Like TrossTheBOSS liked this post
  3. #2
    Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I heard LA was trying to trade for Love with the pick.. but I agree I think I would take that too

    And that's coming from the #1 DeRozan fan



    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

  4. Like TrossTheBOSS liked this post
  5. #3
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    3,464
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
    It has been reported that Mitch Kupchak is willing to trade away the Lakers first round pick for a good offer. Also, they would like to acquire a pick in the mid/late first round. (I still don't get why but whatever)

    Trade: DeRozan+20th pick for the potential top 6 pick.

    Why we do it: DeRozan's my favourite player in the NBA but nobody's this stupid to think about trading a first round top 5 pick in a loaded draft like this and we have to take advantage of it. The pick will be 1-9 for sure. If the pick lands top 3, we could get a Parker or Wiggins because I have a feeling Embiid may go top 2. But the pick could land at 6 and we could get Exum or Smart.

    Why Lakers do it: They get a 24 year old all star who is constantly improving every single year. When Kobe's gone, they've got a capable SG to lead them. And I think DeMar would be happy to play for his hometown team in California. Also the 20th pick can be a valuable player if they draft with it correctly.

    Thoughts?
    Kobe's on his way out. The Lakers need a player they can build their team around the next 10+ years. There's no way they're going to trade that pick unless a team like Minnesota offer them Kevin Love, in short a SUPERSTAR type player. I'm a big fan of DeRozan but he's not that.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  6. Like TrossTheBOSS liked this post
  7. #4
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,382
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    No. This is a massive step back. Remember, they're trying to sell Lowry on the idea of returning to Toronto. How does trading away his back court mate make sense? And any player you get back is a significant downgrade in the immediate future.

  8. Like OtisDonks, TrossTheBOSS liked this post
  9. #5
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    768
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
    It has been reported that Mitch Kupchak is willing to trade away the Lakers first round pick for a good offer. Also, they would like to acquire a pick in the mid/late first round. (I still don't get why but whatever)

    Trade: DeRozan+20th pick for the potential top 6 pick.

    Why we do it: DeRozan's my favourite player in the NBA but nobody's this stupid to think about trading a first round top 5 pick in a loaded draft like this and we have to take advantage of it. The pick will be 1-9 for sure. If the pick lands top 3, we could get a Parker or Wiggins because I have a feeling Embiid may go top 2. But the pick could land at 6 and we could get Exum or Smart.

    Why Lakers do it: They get a 24 year old all star who is constantly improving every single year. When Kobe's gone, they've got a capable SG to lead them. And I think DeMar would be happy to play for his hometown team in California. Also the 20th pick can be a valuable player if they draft with it correctly.

    Thoughts?
    Good lord. You have no idea what you have done opening up this thread and mentioned Demar Derozan. God helps you bro.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. Like Jclaw, blackjitsu, 007, TrossTheBOSS liked this post
  11. #6
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    646
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ball4life wrote: View Post
    Good lord. You have no idea what you have done opening up this thread and mentioned Demar Derozan. God helps you bro.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's just a thought. I'm pretty set that DeRozan will not be traded this season and I'm happy with that. Yeah, I know people here go crazy when DeMar's name is mentioned in a thread but I don't care for that. They hate on him for no reason.

  12. Like TrossTheBOSS liked this post
  13. #7
    Raptors Republic Starter TrossTheBOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    297
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    No imo we should keep our young allstar demar he is part of our core the draft may be stacked but there are bound to be some busts

  14. #8
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,645
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If it is top 3, I don't think they trade it.

    If it is 6 or 7, I think they look at trading.


    I'd be open to trading for just DD, not for the #20 and DD.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  15. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I would only trade DD for a top 3 pick, since I feel like there are only 3 guys in this draft who are pretty sure of being as good as or better than him (Wiggins, Embid, Parker). Of course, the Lakers would probably not trade the pick for DD + 20 if they were in the top 3 so...

    #KeepDD

  16. Like TrossTheBOSS liked this post
  17. #10
    Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,222
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'd definitely trade DD for a pick that could land them Parker or Wiggins. Of course that pick would probably have to be top three, and if it is then will the Lakers still want to move it? Once you get in the 4-7 range it gets a lot murkier for me, but maybe that will change as the pre-draft process wears on.

  18. #11
    Raptors Republic Starter Dino4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    328
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Would you trade DD & Lowry for that pick ? Any draft day trade involving DD diminishes chances of resigning Lowry exponentially. Nothing except Wiggins is acceptable, its not even acceptable in a basketball sense, but sure will sell a lot of tickets.

  19. #12
    Raptors Republic All-Star jacobdr4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Murray Harbour Prince Edward Island
    Posts
    1,251
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I agree that they dont trade it if its top three. Number six I wouldnt do the trade because I feel like the star potential is pretty much done by number six. If they have fourth pick I'd think long and hard about it.

  20. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Dino4life wrote: View Post
    Would you trade DD & Lowry for that pick ? Any draft day trade involving DD diminishes chances of resigning Lowry exponentially. Nothing except Wiggins is acceptable, its not even acceptable in a basketball sense, but sure will sell a lot of tickets.
    We can't trade Lowry on draft night. He's an unrestricted free agent.

  21. #14
    Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,222
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    We can't trade Lowry on draft night. He's an unrestricted free agent.
    I think he's saying that trading DD for a rookie would result in Lowry leaving for somewhere else, so you're basically trading both to get one of Wiggins or Parker.

  22. Like imanshumpert liked this post
  23. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I really think if that pick is top 3, the Lakers are going to trade it for Love.

  24. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Fully wrote: View Post
    I think he's saying that trading DD for a rookie would result in Lowry leaving for somewhere else, so you're basically trading both to get one of Wiggins or Parker.
    Oh yeah I totally agree with that. Trade DD for a rookie and Lowry is gone imo

  25. #17
    Raptors Republic All-Star 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    2,437
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    Oh yeah I totally agree with that. Trade DD for a rookie and Lowry is gone imo
    And Durant is gone (even though he probably won't come here if we keep DD and Lowry anyway)
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

  26. Like OtisDonks liked this post
  27. #18
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    534
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Go look at the Trade Forums (Lakers Pick)

    I made another way we can get it

  28. #19
    Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If we can get a star AKA Wiggins, yes, if we don't then keep DD.

    The only way to get a championship in this league is with a star so Wiggins, or build the current roster to sign Durant

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

  29. #20
    Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Do you guys think with a roster of

    Lowry
    DD
    Durant
    Johnson
    Valanciunas

    Vasquez
    Ross
    Carter
    Patterson
    Draft pick

    With JV, TR, DD improved we could win a championship?

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •