Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hidden Gems Thread

Raptors Republic Starter tonious35's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote webfeat wrote: View Post
    Ed Davis. Let's bring him back.
    I'll bring him back for a cheaper contract than Tyler Hansborough. That's the only condition we bring him back.

Raptors Republic Starter tonious35's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    I only really saw much of him in the first round, but I liked the looks of him too. He was shooting the three great and at least looks big enough to defend as well as Salmons.
    Demare Carroll improved the most since the last two years. Feel-good story for a scrappy SF to gain some range and to reign terror in the playoffs for a near-upset...is he a free agent yet?

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread is dangerous to Raptors Republic Dynasty Fantasy Basketball League.

I shall keep my hidden gems to myself until after our free agency period has expired.

"Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Gordon Hayward. Is he a hidden gem? Thomas Robinson. I just think he can be really productive if you give him a chance. Also Gorgui Dieng.

Nothing too crazy.

5. Like Letter N liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Kent Bazemore
    #BringBackUzoh

Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Reggie Jackson and Thomas Robinson. Reggie if Lowry leaves. Robinson because I'd rather have him than Hansbrough as the 3rd PF. His PER 36 numbers this year were actually pretty good. He can rebound like crazy at least. He was so damn good in college, I can't fathom why he hasn't been good in the NBA.

8. Like Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote delman21 wrote: View Post
    Anthony Bennett, despite all the bad hype, this kid has some real tools to play with as long as he can run some baby fat off of himself, and stay away from rotten ronnies.( McDonalds for anyone who don't know)
    I would love to get my hands on Bennett. When he finally got into decent shape his ability to hit the jump shot as well as his handle (and unselfishness) showed flashes of being a great guy to have operating the post option at the top of the arc.

Then I noticed that he could play very well defensively because he is strong and fast....and freakishly long so he did well on the boards as well. Cleveland have themselves a great mix of talent and now just need the right pieces to put it together.

*cough by trading Kyrie cough*

Quote BigCamB wrote: View Post
    I feel like you've watched a completely different C.J Miles than I have. Not a fan.
    Entirely possible. Dude can be Jamal Crawford one night shooting....but he could be a JR Smith the next.

Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    Reggie Jackson and Thomas Robinson. Reggie if Lowry leaves. Robinson because I'd rather have him than Hansbrough as the 3rd PF. His PER 36 numbers this year were actually pretty good. He can rebound like crazy at least. He was so damn good in college, I can't fathom why he hasn't been good in the NBA.
    I like Robinson. I think when he gets his mid ranged jumper down he will be able to make a niche for himself with his speed. He is just so short...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Entirely possible. Dude can be Jamal Crawford one night shooting....but he could be a JR Smith the next.
    Lol this could totally describe JR Smith himself. Some nights he plays like Jamal, sometimes he plays like bad JR lol
    @Boymusic66

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how hidden LaVine is, but this guy has major upside.

Kyle Anderson is another guy being slept on because of his lack of athleticism (some of you are seeing my UCLA bias here... lol), but he could be a Lamar Odom/Boris Diaw type 6th man which we've seen have been very valuable players to championship-level teams.

Raptors Republic Starter OptimalOptimist's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would go with Xavier Henry.
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

13. Like BigCamB liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
    I would go with Xavier Henry.
    Was going to say the same dude, mentioned him a few times in free agent threads. Was #9 in the league in FTA/48, gets to the line at will. Hits the three, big strong body. Could be a really good player in a couple of years IMO, still just 23 or so. Just waiting for an opportunity.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TSF wrote: View Post
    Lol this could totally describe JR Smith himself. Some nights he plays like Jamal, sometimes he plays like bad JR lol
    Haha he is more often Jamal than JR tho. Without the attitude, but instead can never seem to get 100% healthy

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There were a few games towards the end of last season Where Denver was giving Quincy Miller some play time and there were moments he looked like he would make a really good 6th man that could put up points off the bench.

Post Thanks / Like

Quincy did have some good games yes. He has quite the good handles and court awareness, and he gave effort on D. I would take a flier on him for sure. Still so skinny though and gets pushed off his spots too easily, I think he is going to be a longer project, but one that teams shouldn't abandon.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Wesley Johnson could be that 'meaty SF' we need off the bench.
    Or Al Farooq Aminu
    Or Xavier Henry for backup SG, although we dont have that much cap space to work with esp after we resign lowry
    Maybe take a chance at Jason Smith? He's fallen off the radar

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 2kfeen wrote: View Post
    Wesley Johnson could be that 'meaty SF' we need off the bench.
    Or Al Farooq Aminu
    Or Xavier Henry for backup SG, although we dont have that much cap space to work with esp after we resign lowry
    Maybe take a chance at Jason Smith? He's fallen off the radar
    Wesley Johnson is not very 'meaty'. I'd rather see about Aminu

Post Thanks / Like

Wesley Johnson did have a very good year. I don't know if I take a flier on him this next season, I want to see more from him first due to his rocky career path so far. If he plays well again then I would definitely look at him

Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW.. This Open Gym episode has me getting GOOSEBUMPS. Especially when they intro game 7

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thread Information