Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Raptor/s is worth that 2014 #1 draft pick? How bout from other teams?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys seriously need read news from other sources and understand what is going on in NBA. DD and #20 in this draft and another high pick in 2015 will not get you #1.

Stop dreaming and come to reality.

2. Like imanshumpert liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

^^ Hush.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    I bet the Cavs will try and use the pick in a trade for Kevin Love
    They (Cavs) indicated that No 1 is available (we can assume for a solid star). Melo or Love come to mind but neither (I presume)
    wants to resign w Cavs.
    How is this?
    Demar, Amir Val and NY 1st for No 1, TT (or Bennett, their choice) & Dion. It may not be what they hope, but it addresses their needs. Resign Deng and a solid team in the east.
    For us, a bit risk to full around with chemistry, but def a better team long term
    Thoughts?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mapko wrote: View Post
    They (Cavs) indicated that No 1 is available (we can assume for a solid star). Melo or Love come to mind but neither (I presume)
    wants to resign w Cavs.
    How is this?
    Demar, Amir Val and NY 1st for No 1, TT (or Bennett, their choice) & Dion. It may not be what they hope, but it addresses their needs. Resign Deng and a solid team in the east.
    For us, a bit risk to full around with chemistry, but def a better team long term
    Thoughts?
    LOOOOOl, We should ask for Kyrie as well, although I rather have Lowry and am worry about the chemistry. So maybe they can include their 2016 first round as well

Come on Son, REALITY ... REALITY

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jamshid wrote: View Post
    LOOOOOl, We should ask for Kyrie as well, although I rather have Lowry and am worry about the chemistry. So maybe they can include their 2016 first round as well

Come on Son, REALITY ... REALITY
    Lol it completely depends on how much Kyrie Irving HATES Dion Waiters. An Irving-DD-PRAYFORLBJ-Amir/TT-Val/Varajo isn't a bad core, if you think Waiters is gonna push Kyrie out of town. Also, LBJ says he wants to win now. If Cleveland thinks it can land LBJ with an All-Star backcourt (which it would have), then maybe.

They'd probably prefer Patterson over Amir though. He fits the LBJ offense model (can shoot 3's) and would spare him from guarding 4's on D.
    @Boymusic66

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TSF wrote: View Post
    Lol it completely depends on how much Kyrie Irving HATES Dion Waiters. An Irving-DD-PRAYFORLBJ-Amir/TT-Val/Varajo isn't a bad core, if you think Waiters is gonna push Kyrie out of town. Also, LBJ says he wants to win now. If Cleveland thinks it can land LBJ with an All-Star backcourt (which it would have), then maybe.

They'd probably prefer Patterson over Amir though. He fits the LBJ offense model (can shoot 3's) and would spare him from guarding 4's on D.
    Come on Pal, Lebron would be much more interested at the prospect of playing along side Wiggins than DD. Waiters can be moved next year and can get another Vet guy.

DD, Big Val, Ross are good players but none of them have the appeal of Parker and Wiggins ... Just listen to ESPN radio and shows right now.

I will tell you this: If Cavs go for :

DD + Big Val + Ross
    Or
    DD + Big Val + Our 20th Pick + 2 second round Picks

Or

DD + Big Val + 2014 first round + 2015 New York First Round

For their first Pick, Raptors need to jump it.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

mind if they can also get our 15' first and 16'first they can swing it to Minny for a love affair. With LBJ on board they can definitely give that a try. Cleveland is basically in the best position possible as professional sports team. SMH on these cavs.

something tells me... we are gonna do everything possible to bring Wiggins aboard.

Post Thanks / Like

Come on Pal, Lebron would be much more interested at the prospect of playing along side Wiggins than DD. Waiters can be moved next year and can get another Vet guy.

DD, Big Val, Ross are good players but none of them have the appeal of Parker and Wiggins ... Just listen to ESPN radio and shows right now.

I will tell you this: If Cavs go for :

DD + Big Val + Ross
    Or
    DD + Big Val + Our 20th Pick + 2 second round Picks

Or

DD + Big Val + 2014 first round + 2015 New York First Round

For their first Pick, Raptors need to jump it.
    I'm not your pal, buddy

A) The dude said he wanted to win, not wait. Aka Wiggins wouldn't be enough. And no, I don't think he'd want wiggins more based on wiggins might be. Especially over DD, whose a younger version of Wade, the guy he just won 2 (or 3) championships with, without all the injury troubles.

B) Since when is ESPN the gospel? Cmon. I would argue DD+Val+2 1sts is probably overpaying.
    @Boymusic66

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ball4life wrote: View Post
    mind if they can also get our 15' first and 16'first they can swing it to Minny for a love affair. With LBJ on board they can definitely give that a try. Cleveland is basically in the best position possible as professional sports team. SMH on these cavs.

something tells me... we are gonna do everything possible to bring Wiggins aboard.
    Dude, it's the cavs. Don't worry. They'll ship it for Larry Sanders and offer LBJ less than the max, then run Kyrie out of town by offering Waiters more money. And then they'll sign Lance Stephenson to try and create those insane Arenas-Mcgee wizards again
    @Boymusic66

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not your pal, buddy

A) The dude said he wanted to win, not wait. Aka Wiggins wouldn't be enough. And no, I don't think he'd want wiggins more based on wiggins might be. Especially over DD, whose a younger version of Wade, the guy he just won 2 (or 3) championships with, without all the injury troubles.

B) Since when is ESPN the gospel? Cmon. I would argue DD+Val+2 1sts is probably overpaying.
    You are not my buddy

DD and Amir are not a type of player that will entice Lebron James and give him the confidence about wining another ring.

You really need to listen, read or watch other sport magazines, channels, ... and get a better grasp on reality and what DD is worth and what people think will excite lebron to go back to Cavs.

12. Like chch166 liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not your pal, buddy

yup... thats definitely overpaying... but that would be the basic components of a deal for 2014 number 1 pick.. i would assume..

hopefully Masai proves us all wrong by swinging a salmons for wiggins deal

Post Thanks / Like

You are not my buddy

DD and Amir are not a type of player that will entice Lebron James and give him the confidence about wining another ring.

You really need to listen, read or watch other sport magazines, channels, ... and get a better grasp on reality and what DD is worth and what people think will excite lebron to go back to Cavs.
    You're right. I'm not your buddy, guy.

Name me another deal which gives them an all-star whose gotten better every year? And one or two picks? If we gave them DD+Val+our 2015 pick, and the knicks 2014 1sts, they get a center who probably would've gone top 5 this year, plus an all-star on a cheap contract. plus 2 1sts. If they denied Varejao, Scotty Hopson (who the hell is he and why does he make 2.5 million) and Gee's options, and made that trade, throwing in Jarrett Jack from them for salary relief- here's their starters pre-free agency: Irving-DD-?-TT-JV. WITH OVER 20 MILLION IN CAP SPACE. They could have a starting lineup of Irving-DD-LBJ-TT-JV with Waiters, Bennett, and Zeller off the bench, with lebron making the max, and STILL afford a couple impact veterans. Three All-Stars?

And they can then take Waiters-Thompson-Bennett-their 2015 first+ our 2015 first+Knicks 2016 pick and probably could get K-Love. Honestly, they probably wouldn't even have to give all that up. And their starting lineup becomes Irving-DD-LBJ-KL-JV. Four all-stars and a promising center.

It's a fantasy, sure, but it's not an unrealistic one
    Last edited by TSF; Wed May 21st, 2014 at 08:57 PM.
    @Boymusic66

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not your pal, buddy

No, just no, just fucking no.

DeRozan is not a younger version of Wade. People do not give Wade enough credit.

Young Wade was arguably as good as LeBron James. DeRozan does not have the same ability to consistently attack and finish in the paint that D-Wade had. He does not have the lightning quick first step, freakish wingspan, handles, or ridiculously explosive two footed jump of Wade. Wade is going to go down as the 3rd best shooting guard in league history, let's not be silly here.

This is coming from a DeRozan fan man, don't be delusional calling DeRozan a younger version of Wade.

16. Like chch166 liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post

DeRozan is not a younger version of Wade. People do not give Wade enough credit.

Young Wade was arguably as good as LeBron James. DeRozan does not have the same ability to consistently attack and finish in the paint that D-Wade had. He does not have the lightning quick first step, freakish wingspan, handles, or ridiculously explosive two footed jump of Wade. Wade is going to go down as the 3rd best shooting guard in league history, let's not be silly here.

This is coming from a DeRozan fan man, don't be delusional calling DeRozan a younger version of Wade.
    He's 2 years away from being 2 years away, but his wingspan is already here .

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not your pal, buddy

A young Dwade once averaged 30pts 7.5asts 5reb 2stls 1.3blks while shooting 49% from the field
    Yeah never call DeRozan a young Dwade because it's not even close
    He's 2 years away from being 2 years away, but his wingspan is already here .

19. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie kopite91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    A young Dwade once averaged 30pts 7.5asts 5reb 2stls 1.3blks while shooting 49% from the field
    Yeah never call DeRozan a young Dwade because it's not even close
    DWade... there was a time when he was the best guard in the league. Even better than Kobe. For many people, he's a top 5 shooting guard of all time. Derozan is a good scorer, but doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of a young Dwayne Wade.

Raptors Republic Starter bryan colangelo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ball4life wrote: View Post
    yup... thats definitely overpaying... but that would be the basic components of a deal for 2014 number 1 pick.. i would assume..

hopefully Masai proves us all wrong by swinging a salmons for wiggins deal
    Agree, definitely overpaying. To get the number 1 pick this year you would have to do something Nets/Knick-level insane.

Raptors Republic Starter bryan colangelo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Players that might get you the 1st pick this year, straight up (if it were technically even possible with CBA).

Blake Griffin
    Stephen Curry
    Westbrook
    Durant
    Lebron James
    Anthony Davis

I'm honestly having trouble coming up with anybody else. Every other team would have to offer a package of stars and picks, take on shitty contracts, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post

When I say younger version of Wade, I meant Wade now. I completely agree that Flash was one of the best ever, and I loved watching him destroy people off the dribble. DD is no Flash, and he will never be.

But picture Wade, as he is currently, without the knee injuries and with the ability to play heavy minutes- DD isn't that far off from being that type of player.
    @Boymusic66

24. Like imanshumpert liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    If Masai was to offer a trade for the Cav's #1 pick, who do you think the Cavs would ask in return?

JV might be the obvious choice, but would Demar and Ross be enough? Or maybe Lowry and Ross?

What do you guys think is the value of this #1 pick? Can the Cavs pry Westbrook from OKC by danggling this #1 pick? Hibbert? or maybe even Lebron?
    Westbrook, I don't think so. They are a contending team, there are personal ties, and none of those prospects is a safe bet to be better than Westbrook. LeBron can't be traded unless he chooses to. Hibbert, maybe.

Contenders don't value picks as much as rebuilding teams and wouldn't give as much. If the Cavs decide to trade the #1 pick, they would trade it to a mediocre or a rebuilding team, not try to tear apart a conference finalist. For example, #1 + salaries for Kevin Love and Pekovic, I think the Wolves would probably take it.

The Raptors might have enough, I don't know. Probably not. You can't just offer the whole team.
    Last edited by BobLoblaw; Thu May 22nd, 2014 at 02:20 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information