Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Raptor/s is worth that 2014 #1 draft pick? How bout from other teams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
    Maybe ...? I just don't see enough teams that would be willing or able to put together the right package to get the Cavs to pull the trigger. Teams are absolutely salivating over this year's draft and offers will get competitive.

Let's just say that even if the Cavs are in win mode now, I think they still have a lot of the leverage. If I were the Cavs GM I would set a high asking pricie, knowing at the end of the day I would be perfectly content if just held the pick and drafted a great prospect to build around, even if it means I lose Irving.

In a way, the pick could be my insurance in case I lose Irving.
    If they lose Irving I think they're pretty much branded a farm team for good. It's why they went after Jarett Jack, Andrew Bynum, Luol Deng, etc etc. I'm pretty certain this is going to be Massive Retool Part 2. Which is why we might have a once-in-a-20 year chance to snag that first pick, depending on what other teams are offering too.

It's a really interesting offseason, given that Love, Anthony, the entire Memphis Grizzlies squad, the first pick, and the 6th/7th/8th picks are all likely going to be available. We should see a ton of deals. Masai preached patience... in all this chaos he has some real opportunities. Now we get to see what his true vision is.

Comment

True vision is, Andrew Wiggins.
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Can we please stop using smiley faces in a condescending manner? Fuckin annoying.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
          Can we please stop using smiley faces in a condescending manner? Fuckin annoying.

Can we please get people to stop using Tapatalk? Their constant advertising and annoying pop-ups are even worse than condescending smileyfaces.

Comment

Seriously man? I assume we can have debates without acting like complete douche bags is all.
            Imagine having a conversation in real life and the other person keeps laughing in your face and smiling while telling you your opinion is stupid... Would you not want to punch that guy right in the mouth? That's what condescending smiley faces and big "LOL!"'s are like.

You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
              Seriously man? I assume we can have debates without acting like complete douche bags is all.
              Imagine having a conversation in real life and the other person keeps laughing in your face and smiling while telling you your opinion is stupid... Would you not want to punch that guy right in the mouth? That's what condescending smiley faces and big "LOL!"'s are like.

It's the internet and we're on a message board talking about the Raptors even though their season is over. We're all pretty much obsessive nerds just for being here.

While I hate trolling as much as the next guy there is a difference between trolling and people busting each other's chops — which happens all the time in real life.

Comment

We're not getting Wiggins for crying out loud.

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
                  Seriously, you have no idea about what is happening in LA and Lakers What you wrote above is embarrassing. Do yourself a favour and post that trade ( Lowry and #7) in the Laker fan site Lakers will never be that dysfunctional.

You guys should seriously start to think that other team and their GMs can think at least at the level of a 7 year old kid
                  Why is what I said embarrassing? Because Laker fans would rip it apart? That's funny.. Who cares what fans say/think? Most fans are completely clueless with how the NBA is run. Of course Lakers fans of all fans will believe they will turn their franchise around and would think trading Lowry for #7 is a waste.. but they are not the same team they were when the decade started.

They have cap space.. but then they went and gave Kobe an ridiculous extension which cuts a lot of that cap space they had. Now they might be able to get one more max contract. But Kobe is on his last legs and they have nobody else - no depth whatsoever. So why would another guy like Love or Carmelo or James or any other 'superstar' want to play with a bunch of nobody's and a 36 year old man next year (who is recovering from an ACL)? They barely have any draft picks because they traded them for Nash and Howard. They don't have pieces to help make trades happen. They don't even have a coach now. They also now have history of a top tier free agent bailing on them.

Most players want to play to win. Lakers aren't winning. They were actually the 7th worst team in the NBA last year, and barely made the playoffs the year before that. This team is not that great.

But sure, Lakers fans and ESPN radio believe they will get Durant and James and that everyone wants to play in LA... Dr Buss is why they have always been good and he's not here anymore.

Comment

I guess i had you guys fooled because this is a trick question, hehehe.

That #1 pick is going nowhere. Not because its value is inconceivable, but because the "what if" value far excedes any trade that any team in the league will offer, and because that pick is as good as zero for every GM holding the player who is perceived to be as valuable as that #1 pick. Did i make sense? hehehe

If you're David Griffin, you'll only let that pick go if you'll get Lebron/KD/Paul/Griffin but if you're Riley, Presti, Sacks, no way in hell you'll trade these guys for potential.

So at the end of the day, that pick really has no value because it just aint going anywhere.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                      I guess i had you guys fooled because this is a trick question, hehehe.

That #1 pick is going nowhere. Not because its value is inconceivable, but because the "what if" value far excedes any trade that any team in the league will offer, and because that pick is as good as zero for every GM holding the player who is perceived to be as valuable as that #1 pick. Did i make sense? hehehe

If you're David Griffin, you'll only let that pick go if you'll get Lebron/KD/Paul/Griffin but if you're Riley, Presti, Sacks, no way in hell you'll trade these guys for potential.

So at the end of the day, that pick really has no value because it just aint going anywhere.
                      Everyone's got a price

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Everyone's got a price

Yeah, but not everyone can pay that price.

Comment

Well, think about this. The 'experts' say that there's nobody in this draft remotely close in talent to guys like Chris Paul and Dwight Howard (let alone Lebron & KD). And CP3 and Dwight got traded recently, so there's your benchmark on trade value right there.

I think that a package of Kevin Love + cap flexibility & future picks gets Wiggins from Cleveland, no problem. So, Raps need to be thinking 3-way with the Wolves.

Hell, they might even go after Melo, which would turn out to be a disaster, but would also be an absolutely Cavalier type of thing to do.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                            We're not getting Wiggins for crying out loud.
                            my good friend Chris Broussard says we are...probably
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                              my good friend Chris Broussard says we are...probably
                              Did he really say something?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Did he really say something?
                                hey...don't ask me to do your research for you. I'm just in charge of making spurious claims
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X