Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Raptor/s is worth that 2014 #1 draft pick? How bout from other teams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DD + Amir + 2014 pick (#20) + 2015 pick + right to swap in 2016 + we take back some of their dead weight salary (Anthony Bennett and Jarett Jack).

Comment

kopite91 wrote: View Post
      They just haven't been making the right moves the last 4 years.
      Starting with not picking Valanciunas @ #4 (thank you Cleveland) and not cashing-in Varejao before becoming an oft-injured shadow of his former self, not to mention the ridiculous overpaying for Jack as a backup PG on a non-contending team, or drafting of Bennett @ #1 last draft. Even the Waiters pick was highly questionable, given who else was available.

Just think of how good Cleveland could have been with some better leadership/drafting... scary good! Of course, they likely wouldn't have ended up with so many top picks, had they picked better, but still...

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
        DD + Amir + 2014 pick (#20) + 2015 pick + right to swap in 2016 + we take back some of their dead weight salary (Anthony Bennett and Jarett Jack).
        To make it work easier, you probably look at:

DD + Amir + #20 + #37 + TOR 2015 (top 10 protected) + NYK/DEN 2016
        for
        #1 + Varejao + Jack

Executed officially after we pick 20th, agreed to before draft starts.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          Starting with not picking Valanciunas @ #4 (thank you Cleveland) and not cashing-in Varejao before becoming an oft-injured shadow of his former self, not to mention the ridiculous overpaying for Jack as a backup PG on a non-contending team, or drafting of Bennett @ #1 last draft. Even the Waiters pick was highly questionable, given who else was available.

Just think of how good Cleveland could have been with some better leadership/drafting... scary good! Of course, they likely wouldn't have ended up with so many top picks, had they picked better, but still...
          Thompson was supposed to go later in the first round. Around 7 to 10, but I felt Toronto would do a reach on Thompson after Valancuinas would go off the board since they needed size at the time. When Clevaland took Thompson and Valancuinas fell to our laps, my eyes widened lol. I have this theory that Grant probably tried to work a bluff proposal with Colangelo to make them trade a pick for the purpose of making Cleveland not pick Thompson. Colangelo probably said no and Grant, in order to not look stupid and man up to his words, took Tristan. Even Waiters was not supposed to be top 5 and like Tristan, was projected around pick 7.
          Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

I still believe that the Cavs can turn it around with the right coach. Mike Brown's Princeton never worked in LA and Cleveland because the ball-handler (Kobe in LA, Kyrie in Cleveland) need to be selfless and always looking for players doing (especially the bigs) doing backdoor cuts and drives into the lane. Both Kyrie and Kobe are what I call cyclops...they have one eye and it's fixated on the net. Princeton is a very good offense, but one that needs that works with ball-handlers that are willing passers. Lebron is a willing passer and that's why it worked in Cleveland. Plus it's no secret that a Lebron James type player would make any coach look good. Also the Princeton wouldn't work with a Wiggins-type player since it isn't a transition-offence and Wiggins is the best player in transition not playing in the NBA.

As for the Raps. I still believe we can trade up but any hopes of trading up to a top 10 pick will be bogus considering we don't have the assets to pull off a trade. The one team looking to trade it's pick is apparently Sacramento (8th pick), but I'd imagine them looking for a center.
            Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

You guys seriously need read news from other sources and understand what is going on in NBA. DD and #20 in this draft and another high pick in 2015 will not get you #1.

Stop dreaming and come to reality.

Comment

^^ Hush.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                  I bet the Cavs will try and use the pick in a trade for Kevin Love
                  They (Cavs) indicated that No 1 is available (we can assume for a solid star). Melo or Love come to mind but neither (I presume)
                  wants to resign w Cavs.
                  How is this?
                  Demar, Amir Val and NY 1st for No 1, TT (or Bennett, their choice) & Dion. It may not be what they hope, but it addresses their needs. Resign Deng and a solid team in the east.
                  For us, a bit risk to full around with chemistry, but def a better team long term
                  Thoughts?

Comment

Mapko wrote: View Post
                    They (Cavs) indicated that No 1 is available (we can assume for a solid star). Melo or Love come to mind but neither (I presume)
                    wants to resign w Cavs.
                    How is this?
                    Demar, Amir Val and NY 1st for No 1, TT (or Bennett, their choice) & Dion. It may not be what they hope, but it addresses their needs. Resign Deng and a solid team in the east.
                    For us, a bit risk to full around with chemistry, but def a better team long term
                    Thoughts?
                    LOOOOOl, We should ask for Kyrie as well, although I rather have Lowry and am worry about the chemistry. So maybe they can include their 2016 first round as well

Come on Son, REALITY ... REALITY

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
                      LOOOOOl, We should ask for Kyrie as well, although I rather have Lowry and am worry about the chemistry. So maybe they can include their 2016 first round as well

Come on Son, REALITY ... REALITY
                      Lol it completely depends on how much Kyrie Irving HATES Dion Waiters. An Irving-DD-PRAYFORLBJ-Amir/TT-Val/Varajo isn't a bad core, if you think Waiters is gonna push Kyrie out of town. Also, LBJ says he wants to win now. If Cleveland thinks it can land LBJ with an All-Star backcourt (which it would have), then maybe.

They'd probably prefer Patterson over Amir though. He fits the LBJ offense model (can shoot 3's) and would spare him from guarding 4's on D.
                      @Boymusic66

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
                        Lol it completely depends on how much Kyrie Irving HATES Dion Waiters. An Irving-DD-PRAYFORLBJ-Amir/TT-Val/Varajo isn't a bad core, if you think Waiters is gonna push Kyrie out of town. Also, LBJ says he wants to win now. If Cleveland thinks it can land LBJ with an All-Star backcourt (which it would have), then maybe.

They'd probably prefer Patterson over Amir though. He fits the LBJ offense model (can shoot 3's) and would spare him from guarding 4's on D.
                        Come on Pal, Lebron would be much more interested at the prospect of playing along side Wiggins than DD. Waiters can be moved next year and can get another Vet guy.

DD, Big Val, Ross are good players but none of them have the appeal of Parker and Wiggins ... Just listen to ESPN radio and shows right now.

I will tell you this: If Cavs go for :

DD + Big Val + Ross
                        Or
                        DD + Big Val + Our 20th Pick + 2 second round Picks

Or

DD + Big Val + 2014 first round + 2015 New York First Round

For their first Pick, Raptors need to jump it.

Comment

mind if they can also get our 15' first and 16'first they can swing it to Minny for a love affair. With LBJ on board they can definitely give that a try. Cleveland is basically in the best position possible as professional sports team. SMH on these cavs.

something tells me... we are gonna do everything possible to bring Wiggins aboard.

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
                            Come on Pal, Lebron would be much more interested at the prospect of playing along side Wiggins than DD. Waiters can be moved next year and can get another Vet guy.

DD, Big Val, Ross are good players but none of them have the appeal of Parker and Wiggins ... Just listen to ESPN radio and shows right now.

I will tell you this: If Cavs go for :

DD + Big Val + Ross
                            Or
                            DD + Big Val + Our 20th Pick + 2 second round Picks

Or

DD + Big Val + 2014 first round + 2015 New York First Round

For their first Pick, Raptors need to jump it.
                            I'm not your pal, buddy

A) The dude said he wanted to win, not wait. Aka Wiggins wouldn't be enough. And no, I don't think he'd want wiggins more based on wiggins might be. Especially over DD, whose a younger version of Wade, the guy he just won 2 (or 3) championships with, without all the injury troubles.

B) Since when is ESPN the gospel? Cmon. I would argue DD+Val+2 1sts is probably overpaying.
                            @Boymusic66

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
                              mind if they can also get our 15' first and 16'first they can swing it to Minny for a love affair. With LBJ on board they can definitely give that a try. Cleveland is basically in the best position possible as professional sports team. SMH on these cavs.

something tells me... we are gonna do everything possible to bring Wiggins aboard.
                              Dude, it's the cavs. Don't worry. They'll ship it for Larry Sanders and offer LBJ less than the max, then run Kyrie out of town by offering Waiters more money. And then they'll sign Lance Stephenson to try and create those insane Arenas-Mcgee wizards again
                              @Boymusic66

Comment

I'm not your pal, buddy

A) The dude said he wanted to win, not wait. Aka Wiggins wouldn't be enough. And no, I don't think he'd want wiggins more based on wiggins might be. Especially over DD, whose a younger version of Wade, the guy he just won 2 (or 3) championships with, without all the injury troubles.

B) Since when is ESPN the gospel? Cmon. I would argue DD+Val+2 1sts is probably overpaying.
                                You are not my buddy

DD and Amir are not a type of player that will entice Lebron James and give him the confidence about wining another ring.

You really need to listen, read or watch other sport magazines, channels, ... and get a better grasp on reality and what DD is worth and what people think will excite lebron to go back to Cavs.

Comment

Working...
                                X