Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Raptor/s is worth that 2014 #1 draft pick? How bout from other teams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH wrote: View Post
    Not enough I think.
    you drive a hard bargain Dan...i'll throw in a medium cheese pizza if you shake my hand right now and we close this deal
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
      you drive a hard bargain Dan...i'll throw in a medium cheese pizza if you shake my hand right now and we close this deal
      Well, they are essentially trading #1 for three picks (second rounders are minimal value) in the 15-20 range, unless they get real lucky and both NYK and DEN are lotto teams. Consider this - would you trade the #1 this year for #12, 20, and 21? Not a chance, right? And this is a deep draft.

On the other hand, pizza is delicious.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Not necessarily but I would trade it if it meant I could repackage them with my own to land a Kevin Love...which makes Loul Deng more interested and suddenly I have a wealth of options to improve the rest of my team
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Cleveland gets from Toronto
          ===========================
          2014 1st
          2 2016 1st
          4 2nd round picks
          Terrence Ross

Toronto Gets from Cleveland
          Anthony Bennet
          1st Pick

Minnesota Gets from Cleveland
          =============================
          4 1st round picks
          Tristan Thompson
          Dion Waiters

Cleveland Gets from Minnesota
          Kevin Love

Cleveland with Kevin Love in tow
          resigns Deng and has a core of
          Irving/Ross/Deng/Love/Verajao/Jack

Comment

I like the future of the

Lowry/DeRozan/Wiggins/Bennet/Valanciunas lineup

Comment

2014 1st
              2 2016 1st
              4 2nd round picks
              Terrence Ross

Anthony Bennet
              1st Pick

4 1st round picks
              Tristan Thompson
              Dion Waiters

Kevin Love

Cleveland can make a similar offer to Minnesota without Toronto's help. They have a gazillion of future 1st round picks. If that's what Love costs, the Cavs can have both Love and Wiggins.

Comment

2014 1st
                2 2016 1st
                4 2nd round picks
                Terrence Ross

Anthony Bennet
                1st Pick

4 1st round picks
                Tristan Thompson
                Dion Waiters

Kevin Love

LOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL, See if you can get both Kyrie and Wiggins at the same time

Comment

Love, especially with his contract situation, is NOT enough to get the 1st round pick.

If anything, teams should and will be lowballing the Timberwolves for Love.

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                    Love, especially with his contract situation, is NOT enough to get the 1st round pick.

If anything, teams should and will be lowballing the Timberwolves for Love.
                    Especially when you are Cavs and have no guarantee that Love will stay !!! Why give up on Wiggins to beg and risk it on Love !!!

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
                      Especially when you are Cavs and have no guarantee that Love will stay !!! Why give up on Wiggins to beg and risk it on Love !!!
                      Love will probably test free agency with any team (even LA) and it will be a gamble to trade for him no matter who you are (remember Howard leaving LA when they had Kobe/Nash and Gasol).. the thing about Wiggins though is he's a risk too.

Wiggins is highly rated in Canada which makes sense because he's from here. The fact of the matter is he's a project who's only had one year in school on a team that got bounced fairly early in the tourney and he didn't really put up spectacular numbers. He's not a sure fire #1 pick either considering he, Parker and Embiid could go 1-3 in any order.

He's a safe choice due to his athleticism but he's also a risky choice because potential is not always realized. And even if it does it could take a few years for it to happen. Cleveland may not have the patience to wait for him to reach his potential assuming he does.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Love will probably test free agency with any team (even LA) and it will be a gamble to trade for him no matter who you are (remember Howard leaving LA when they had Kobe/Nash and Gasol).. the thing about Wiggins though is he's a risk too.

Wiggins is highly rated in Canada which makes sense because he's from here. The fact of the matter is he's a project who's only had one year in school on a team that got bounced fairly early in the tourney and he didn't really put up spectacular numbers. He's not a sure fire #1 pick either considering he, Parker and Embiid could go 1-3 in any order.

He's a safe choice due to his athleticism but he's also a risky choice because potential is not always realized. And even if it does it could take a few years for it to happen. Cleveland may not have the patience to wait for him to reach his potential assuming he does.
                        Keep on saying these things to yourself .... The whole NBA is excited about this draft and wiggins, from ESPN radio, Cavs radio, Lakers Radio and ... But Raptor fans can assume that Cavs is willing to trade wiggins for one year rental of Love and somehow Raptors can get him by just moving Lowry and taking Nash contract back

Comment

Keep on saying these things to yourself .... The whole NBA is excited about this draft and wiggins, from ESPN radio, Cavs radio, Lakers Radio and ... But Raptor fans can assume that Cavs is willing to trade wiggins for one year rental of Love and somehow Raptors can get him by just moving Lowry and taking Nash contract back
                          I didn't say they could grab Love with that pick.. just telling you that Cleveland ownership/management might want to get immediate help instead of waiting on Wiggins to reach his potential.

And what does listening to the radio do? Radio DJ's are basically homers. Of course they'll be talking about Love and Wiggins and how they should all go to LA or Cleveland or "fill in the blank". Also the Lakers are a dysfunctional team now. Once Dr. Buss died and Phil Jackson left they are essentially a bottom feeder. Howard left them for Houston. A top tier free agent refused to sign with them.

How does doing a S&T with LA between Lowry and Nash get us Wiggins? That might be one step in acquiring the #7 seed which we could potentially use to get the #1 seed - but that's wishful thinking. The S&T with Lowry/Nash with #7 isn't too far fetched considering Nash is basically a dead weight contract and Lowry is the best PG in free agency. If the price of business is the #7 seed to keep Kobe happy then they might consider it.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            I didn't say they could grab Love with that pick.. just telling you that Cleveland ownership/management might want to get immediate help instead of waiting on Wiggins to reach his potential.

And what does listening to the radio do? Radio DJ's are basically homers. Of course they'll be talking about Love and Wiggins and how they should all go to LA or Cleveland or "fill in the blank". Also the Lakers are a dysfunctional team now. Once Dr. Buss died and Phil Jackson left they are essentially a bottom feeder. Howard left them for Houston. A top tier free agent refused to sign with them.

How does doing a S&T with LA between Lowry and Nash get us Wiggins? That might be one step in acquiring the #7 seed which we could potentially use to get the #1 seed - but that's wishful thinking. The S&T with Lowry/Nash with #7 isn't too far fetched considering Nash is basically a dead weight contract and Lowry is the best PG in free agency. If the price of business is the #7 seed to keep Kobe happy then they might consider it.
                            Seriously, you have no idea about what is happening in LA and Lakers What you wrote above is embarrassing. Do yourself a favour and post that trade ( Lowry and #7) in the Laker fan site Lakers will never be that dysfunctional.

You guys should seriously start to think that other team and their GMs can think at least at the level of a 7 year old kid

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              If Cleveland were able to land DeRozan and Love, to play alongside Irving, that would be a pretty solid start to lure LBJ back home.

When you consider what Cleveland would acquire along with DeRozan from Toronto, to add to their asset stockpile along with Waiters, Thompson, Bennett, Karasev, Zeller, and their own future draft picks, they could probably add another veteran piece as well.

With all the issues Hibbert has had in Indi, maybe Cleveland could look to land him using whatever assets aren't part of their offer for Love. This would be a solid starting lineup: Hibbert, Love, LBJ, DeRozan and Irving
                              Just saying... by this logic wouldn't it make sense for US to keep DeRozan, try and acquire Love and make a similar pitch to Durant?

Comment

You are not my buddy

DD and Amir are not a type of player that will entice Lebron James and give him the confidence about wining another ring.

You really need to listen, read or watch other sport magazines, channels, ... and get a better grasp on reality and what DD is worth and what people think will excite lebron to go back to Cavs.
                                I believe we might be sidetracking. Cavs interest in trading No 1 has to do with keeping Irving (as much or more than getting Lebron) happy. Irving has been sidestepping signing extension. Can you blame him?
                                Assume they draft Wiggins who turns out very good in first year -say almost an all star. He would be replacing Deng (an all star) and what do we have? Same team as this year, and back to the lottery. That has to excite Irving to resign & Lebron to come back.
                                My proposal is by no means great but, if they want an all star, which one would be better (and obtainable) than DD?
                                In addition with negative publicity around Waiters, lack of improvement of TT, do you really think they can get much better than this? Perhaps a bit of fine tuning (say Salmons for Jack or????).

Comment

Working...
                                X