This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Spanish Fly, AKA Jose Calderon

"Do no pick up Calderon on your team, I want Jay to start Jack and put Calderon back on the bench." That is pretty much what Dennis Scott said today on NBA.COM Fantasy Insider.

I completely agree!

waddya think? ya? no?

In the off season hopefully we can trade him for something before his stock goes down even more.
    Buschfire

Raptors fan since day 1.

I love Jose, but I have to agree that Jack is the pg that the raptors need to play against the league's starting pg. Jose plays well when he comes in with the second unit and gets to "defend" the back ups in the league.

Comment

Both players give up 115 points per 100 possessions. Jose might be the weaker defender, but Jack doesn't take care of the ball.
      Jose is the better offensive player right now - so play him!

Jack has the potential to become the next Billups (not yet, not next year, but eventually).
      So trading Jose in the off season is a possibility.
      The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Trade Jose and play Turk at point?

Comment

Jack is the next Billups? is like saying Jose is the next Steve Nash or John Stockton

Jack is chaotic ...he plays aggressive which is a good thing but way too much turn over and weak pass...
          Billups is calm and shot well when needed...

Why trade Calderon if last year our problem was depth in point guard......don't say Marcus Banks is suitable....

Comment

Faithleader wrote: View Post
            Why trade Calderon if last year our problem was depth in point guard......don't say Marcus Banks is suitable....
            How about he is too expensive @ 8-9 mill. as a bkup. Could get someone @ half the price I think. We might even get a working piece in return if the deal is done creatively.

You are right...a very long shot that JJ can morph into a Billups who came into the nba as a shooter and became a terrific pg with a very good handle. JJ is ok with the ball and no Billups shooting the 3.

Comment

Working...
            X