Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Interesting proposition from the Lowe Post

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
    Sign Lowry for Stephen Curry 4/44 monies. Not as a good as Stephen and lowry is four years older, and instead of 4/40 pay the little bit of inflation , and move unto the other RFAs and than trade for Perkins +21 st for Salmons + hansborough..
    While it does make sense to sign Lowry for Curry money, that reasoning makes no sense.

Curry got that deal because he had ankle problems, and at the time he wasn't really better than Lowry is now.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure I agree, but let's compare 2013/14 years and I would suggest Stephen Curry and Lowry though two different players are similar in benefits to the team. Curry is a better scorer and Lowry is slightly better as a team leader and defender.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
    Not sure I agree, but let's compare 2013/14 years and I would suggest Stephen Curry and Lowry though two different players are similar in benefits to the team. Curry is a better scorer and Lowry is slightly better as a team leader and defender.
    Yeah, but Curry is such a deadly scorer that it changes everything about the way you play GSW. You put anybody else in that offense, even CP3 The Point God or Russell The Destroyer, and it becomes less scary. Plus he's set to be doing what he does for the next ten years, lowry isn't. If curry hadn't been locked down back when he was full of promise but usually injured, he'd be making the max right now.
    @Boymusic66

4. Like ezz_bee, imanshumpert liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunno about let Lowry walk and sign Bledsoe but I do think he'd be a more than solid plan B.

I also don't think resigning Lowry is as much a slam dunk as many think.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Will Phoenix keep both Bledsoe & Dragic next year? I have always liked Dragic and pursuing him might be a good backup plan as well. He does have another year @7.5 mill. with player option yr. after (which he will not exercise for sure) so a trade would have to be arranged.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TSF wrote: View Post
    Yeah, but Curry is such a deadly scorer that it changes everything about the way you play GSW. You put anybody else in that offense, even CP3 The Point God or Russell The Destroyer, and it becomes less scary. Plus he's set to be doing what he does for the next ten years, lowry isn't. If curry hadn't been locked down back when he was full of promise but usually injured, he'd be making the max right now.
    I agree that Curry is more valuable because he's one of a few scorers in the league who can totally take over a game for stretches. But the bold is pretty far off. Curry is only 2 years younger than Lowry, and he has a history of bad ankle issues. There's no guarantee Curry will do anything longer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I agree that Curry is more valuable because he's one of a few scorers in the league who can totally take over a game for stretches. But the bold is pretty far off. Curry is only 2 years younger than Lowry, and he has a history of bad ankle issues. There's no guarantee Curry will do anything longer.
    Their type of game though. Lowry plays at the hole, Curry plays from the 3-point line. Look at 32 year old wade vs 38 year old Allen.
    @Boymusic66

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information