This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargnani: I'm lazy!!!!!!

Finally he admits it! Something we've all known for quite some time.

Maybe somebody needs to shove a giant sized Italian sausage up his arse or slap him in the face with it to get him going. (Sorry guys) Bargs just really gets me crazy cheesed 'cuz he's oozing with potential and to hear him admit he's lazy and unfocused grinds my gears BIG TIME!

The fifth month of the fourth season, and still no conclusion. Except that Andrea Bargnani is lazy.

That comes from someone extremely close to him. The part about being inconsistent and passive, about one moment lending encouragement to the Raptors' postseason hopes and the next becoming a face of the fade -- and, yes, the part about wearing the status as No. 1 pick like an anvil necklace -- that's from everyone else.

This was to have been the season of finally grasping his potential. It isn't. He is shooting better than ever, scoring more than ever, rebounding in a way that gives coaches more encouragement than ever that he can be a presence on the boards. And yet Bargnani is going backward when the Raptors need him most. Maddening -- that's the other thing he is more than ever. Coach Jay Triano just told Toronto reporters that the Raps need Bargnani to focus more. Uh-oh.

Uh-oh is right.
    His scoring numbers (16.9 ppg, 47.4 field-goal percentage) are easily on pace for new career bests and his mark of six rebounds a game is a decent bump from the 5.3 rpg of 2008-09. But if the numbers continue to retreat, if he can't play off Bosh better the final 3 1/2 weeks, if the Raptors make an early postseason exit or don't even make the playoffs, it could become a very ugly summer in Canada.
    The rebounding is what jumps out (or doesn't). Bargnani is a jump shooter, but he's also a 7-footer who gets a lot of inside time on defense. The numbers are a bad display.

Bargnani is asked how he gets beat on the boards.
    "Being lazy maybe," he says. "That's the only reason it can be. I've got the body, I've got everything to take 10 rebounds a game. It's just sometimes I get lazy."
    He needs to fix that, obviously. He needs to play with more focus.
    "Yeah," Bargnani agrees. "More focus. You said it. More focus and don't get lazy."

The rest of the Raptors season, and maybe longer, depends on it.
    http://www.nba.com/2010/news/feature...3/22/bargnani/

Try to remember English is not Bargs first language.
    He is not using words the way you would.
    A North American born player would say what he means without "grinding your gears".

Bargs should act like the typical NCAA trained player and rip the ball out of his own team's players hands when they run in front of him to scoop up the free ball.
    The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Guys, I think this is a positive thing and not a negative. He admits he has a problem and admits he needs to fix it. Last time he did that was regarding conditioning, the result was him hitting the weights hard and coming to camp in the best shape of his life. Maybe from now until next season he will take it upon himself to make becoming a better rebounder his main goal? I like that he admits his effort is the issue instead of trying to cop out. There is much hope here.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        Guys, I think this is a positive thing and not a negative. He admits he has a problem and admits he needs to fix it. Last time he did that was regarding conditioning, the result was him hitting the weights hard and coming to camp in the best shape of his life. Maybe from now until next season he will take it upon himself to make becoming a better rebounder his main goal? I like that he admits his effort is the issue instead of trying to cop out. There is much hope here.
        I hope truly hope your right Apollo.

Still, you would think $50 million would've been enough motivation for him to improve his rebounding already.

@ BrotherSteve As for his English not being all there-I don't buy that. Lazy means lazy, not really sure how someone can confuse that. But what the hell do I know?!

Comment

To me it sounds as if he is saying"Yeah yeah I am whatever you call me, lets just wrap up this interview as quickly as possible capish".

I think the whole team has relapses of being lazy but Hedo just takes it to a whole other level.

If Hedo wasn't 6'10 I wonder what type of job he would have today....

Comment

someone says he's lazy and un diciplined you all still seem to put a positive spin on it. wow.

Comment

No, we've all known that for a while but we've yet to hear him say it. Acknowledging a problem is the first step in fixing a problem. Most guys wouldn't admit their problems like that in public. Its a step in the right direction and that means something.

Comment

brakeman1 wrote: View Post
                someone says he's lazy and un diciplined you all still seem to put a positive spin on it. wow.
                If I read the op correctly that was a direct quote by Bargsnani....not "someone" describing him. I am willing to consider that what he really meant was "lethargy" rather than "lazy". In my view if there was a language descriptive hiccup maybe the org. needs to check further ...why. Is it conditioning or some medical issue (there are plenty of ailments that can contribute to lethargy...sugar levels, mono, thyroid etc). To me he does look like he is always tired and wants to go have a sit. Maybe he needs a few Red Bulls at half time.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  To me it sounds as if he is saying"Yeah yeah I am whatever you call me, lets just wrap up this interview as quickly as possible capish".

I think the whole team has relapses of being lazy but Hedo just takes it to a whole other level.

Interesting take on the AB quote. I did not hear the audio. The Hedo pic is too funny. ...reminded me that not too long ago I spent a couple of yrs. in Sweden and many pizza rest/takeouts were run by people of Turkish background...and the pizza was great....not the cardboard PP churns out.

Comment

what if he was really being honest and admitting what his inconsistent play has suggested.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post

Haha, did you make this?

Comment

brakeman1 wrote: View Post
                        what if he was really being honest and admitting what his inconsistent play has suggested.
                        Come now...have you ever heard any pro athlete call themselves "lazy"? I mean really lazy ...like in "I dont feel like brushing my teeth today" lazy? He was either being facetious, trying to be funny or had cocked-up his translation. Even Wince said something like he did not put out 100% all the time...never used "lazy". And Wince I am sure thought he was being cute he didnt quite have to put out at his max. while still being effective. Now, there, was an ahole.

ps..I am not a Bargs lifter...and have ripped him for his indifferent /inconsistent play thru the season.

Comment

Working...
                        X