Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 51 of 51

Thread: Trading the 20th pick?

  1. #41
    Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,256
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Damn didn't know he was that tall
    He's huge man. Did you know Utah has to use a weird camera angle to be able to fit Hayward in the frame? It's like the reverse aspect of the Raptors baseline logo.lol

    Quote Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    He would want a starters role so one of dd or flight 31 would have to be sent to the bench/moved.

    Not worth itttt!!!!! I'll take either of them over Hayward anyday. Let's just draft our own pick rather trade it for other decent players
    I agree

    I was just saying that Hayward is capable of playing SF after a poster was saying he was too small.

  2. Like NoPropsneeded liked this post
  3. #42
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    268
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Whose played more minutes in the NBA though? I'm not that high on Joseph or JJ, but I'm not mad about that trade or anything.
    Does it matter? He's in one of the best systems in the nba if not the best. He's also a great character who works hard. He even asked Pop to send him to the D-League so he could get some ice time and develop. He's just been to the finals, and will most likely get back there and hopefully win a ring. He's also one of the important players of the team atm, guarding Westbroock. While you don't see much of his play, he showed it last year at the FIBA Americas where he was the leader of the Canadian team.

    James Johnson ended up as a bust here. He was pretty much Jamario Moon. He's ok in Memphis though. But that's about it.

    I wouldn't have minded that trade but only if no draft picks were involved.

  4. #43
    Raptors Republic Starter TSF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Waterloo
    Posts
    594
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote 2KJ wrote: View Post
    Does it matter? He's in one of the best systems in the nba if not the best. He's also a great character who works hard. He even asked Pop to send him to the D-League so he could get some ice time and develop. He's just been to the finals, and will most likely get back there and hopefully win a ring. He's also one of the important players of the team atm, guarding Westbroock. While you don't see much of his play, he showed it last year at the FIBA Americas where he was the leader of the Canadian team.

    James Johnson ended up as a bust here. He was pretty much Jamario Moon. He's ok in Memphis though. But that's about it.

    I wouldn't have minded that trade but only if no draft picks were involved.
    PS is there a more all-time perfect nickname match in the NBA than Bloodsport joining Grit N Grind? MAYBE if the Slim Reaper was on the Jail Blazers, or Jet/Air Canada in Lob City.
    @Boymusic66

  5. #44
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote 2KJ wrote: View Post
    Does it matter? He's in one of the best systems in the nba if not the best. He's also a great character who works hard. He even asked Pop to send him to the D-League so he could get some ice time and develop. He's just been to the finals, and will most likely get back there and hopefully win a ring. He's also one of the important players of the team atm, guarding Westbroock. While you don't see much of his play, he showed it last year at the FIBA Americas where he was the leader of the Canadian team.
    So at least one person agrees with me about Joseph.

    To me it's this Spurs tribute video that says it all:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6NbJMq-QfU

  6. #45
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
    Internal development?

    We can than grow them into stars

    OR

    Make them look good enough that a team will jump on them for a legitimate star.

    The 20th pick is worth much less than a player drafted 20th who has played in the NBA and show flashes of brilliance.
    Our history does not reflect that we've ever been able to draft a star so low in the draft. It's always been top 5 or 6 players.

  7. #46
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,284
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Our history does not reflect that we've ever been able to draft a star so low in the draft. It's always been top 5 or 6 players.
    The history is also ripe with mismanagement and poor decisions regarding draft picks.

    Grunwald gave them away or poor choice.
    Babcock.... Ugh, it still hurts.
    BC used them as sweeteners to make homerun swings that failed.

    Look at who some of those guys Raps didn't pick or traded the picks.... Especially the 2nd round picks.


    Hopefully Raps are starting a new history and have closed the book on two decades.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  8. #47
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    220
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote 2KJ wrote: View Post
    Does it matter? He's in one of the best systems in the nba if not the best. He's also a great character who works hard. He even asked Pop to send him to the D-League so he could get some ice time and develop. He's just been to the finals, and will most likely get back there and hopefully win a ring. He's also one of the important players of the team atm, guarding Westbroock. While you don't see much of his play, he showed it last year at the FIBA Americas where he was the leader of the Canadian team.
    this is a hilarious and absurd overstatement.

    cory joseph got some burn the other night, leading his team from a 26 point blowout loss to a 16 point blowout loss that was in danger of being a 36 point blowout loss.

    being literally the only thing to make it approach interesting in a game where oklahoma not only took their foot off the gas but passed out at the fuckin' wheel and drifted onto the shoulder, reggie and marv and steve kerr were a little overly effusive in their praise.

    the dude averages 5.6 mpg in these playoffs. he probably doesn't even make the top ten list of most important spurs, and they can only dress 12.

    i wouldn't trade a chance at elfrid payton or tyler ennis or zach lavine for him.

    he is canadian though.

  9. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
  10. #48
    Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,190
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote chris wrote: View Post
    this is a hilarious and absurd overstatement.

    cory joseph got some burn the other night, leading his team from a 26 point blowout loss to a 16 point blowout loss that was in danger of being a 36 point blowout loss.

    being literally the only thing to make it approach interesting in a game where oklahoma not only took their foot off the gas but passed out at the fuckin' wheel and drifted onto the shoulder, reggie and marv and steve kerr were a little overly effusive in their praise.

    the dude averages 5.6 mpg in these playoffs. he probably doesn't even make the top ten list of most important spurs, and they can only dress 12.

    i wouldn't trade a chance at elfrid payton or tyler ennis or zach lavine for him.

    he is canadian though.
    Yeah I read that comment too and raised my eyebrows a bit. He's been exclusively a blowout player during the postseason, and for most of his career thus far actually. I'd love to get my hands on a local talent who has learned at the altar of Popovich for the last few seasons, but definitely not at the cost of the #20 pick. You can easily find a player at that spot with similar or superior upside, plus you get to control their contract for longer, etc.

  11. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't even think id trade the 37th for Joseph.

    People always overrate the fuck out of guys that go deep into the playoffs. That's why everyone was calling role players like klay Thompson and kawhi Leonard rising superstars last year.

    Cujo sucks...

  12. #50
    Raptors Republic Starter TSF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Waterloo
    Posts
    594
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    I don't even think id trade the 37th for Joseph.

    People always overrate the fuck out of guys that go deep into the playoffs. That's why everyone was calling role players like klay Thompson and kawhi Leonard rising superstars last year.

    Cujo sucks...
    Lol Leonard is a rising star... Thompson is solid but had a good playoff run that got him elevated. Then again, we also did it with Paul George, and we were right.
    @Boymusic66

  13. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote chris wrote: View Post
    this is a hilarious and absurd overstatement.

    cory joseph got some burn the other night, leading his team from a 26 point blowout loss to a 16 point blowout loss that was in danger of being a 36 point blowout loss.

    being literally the only thing to make it approach interesting in a game where oklahoma not only took their foot off the gas but passed out at the fuckin' wheel and drifted onto the shoulder, reggie and marv and steve kerr were a little overly effusive in their praise.

    the dude averages 5.6 mpg in these playoffs. he probably doesn't even make the top ten list of most important spurs, and they can only dress 12.

    i wouldn't trade a chance at elfrid payton or tyler ennis or zach lavine for him.

    he is canadian though.
    Nicely Said ....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •