Trading the 20th pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

red monkey wrote: View Post
    I know it would be playing it safe, but sometimes it is better to trade for a semi-known quantity if your target does not fall too you at the draft. If that happens then where do you value the pick? Two years ago it was Budinger for #18. I already stated where I value it and who I'd target. Clearly no one agrees with me, so name a player that would command the pick? Or are you 100% determined to hold onto it?
    Draft picks are like lottery tickets (no pun intended). We all hold out hope that the draft like the 649 ticket is a sure winner even though the odds say otherwise. So I whole heartedly agree with you that a longer odds draft spot at 20 can and should be traded for a known commodity that fills a need if its presented. We made out pretty well Houston with Kyle for our 12th in a weak draft.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

Let's just actually fucking draft someone.
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
        Let's just actually fucking draft someone.
        agreed to an extent. i think masai has stated he plans to keep young, athletic prospects on the team and agree with that approach, however barnes, joseph and hayward even(rfa) fit the bill as young as well. kyle came to us for the 15th.
        Last edited by Miekenstien; Wed May 28, 2014, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Ya, but would you be happy if we traded the 20 for Joseph? Has he ever played extended minutes in a close game?

Comment

Ya, but would you be happy if we traded the 20 for Joseph? Has he ever played extended minutes in a close game?
            no but for barnes, i think i would do that trade and if we could get hayward at a good price i think i would do that one too. for most pgs, i would want another pick coming back or a guarantee that lowry was leaving.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              no but for barnes, i think i would do that trade and if we could get hayward at a good price i think i would do that one too. for most pgs, i would want another pick coming back or a guarantee that lowry was leaving.
              Hayward is too small. We already have too many sg that are undersized to play bigger small forwards. If one of ross or dd were gone he would be fine but I wouldn't give either of them for him
              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

This should never be a thread topic, especially not if you're suggesting Cory Joseph
                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                  Hayward is too small. We already have too many sg that are undersized to play bigger small forwards. If one of ross or dd were gone he would be fine but I wouldn't give either of them for him
                  Haywards is 8'8" 220 and is pretty quick. I have always thought he was a SF.

Comment

Harrison Barnes was a beast in high school and college, but a shell of his former self in the NBA. Not sure if it's a problem of fit (ala Chauncey Billups) or living off his NCAA glory (ala Steve Alford, Stromile Swift), but he wouldn't be worth our 20th pick in this draft. I'd rather trade up the draft or stay status quo. The potential in this draft doesn't lie at the top (since you're paying the premium of a top pick to draft them), but actually in the mid to later rounds. The prospect of drafting a Zach LaVine, Adrien Payne, Jeremi Grant or Tyler Ennis at 20th pick is too tempting. I'll make a bold prediction and say that the spread of this draft will resemble the 1996 draft.
                    Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                      Haywards is 8'8" 220 and is pretty quick. I have always thought he was a SF.
                      Damn didn't know he was that tall

Comment

He started 19 games for the team with the best record. That's something.

Comment

No thanks. We had our chance to draft Cory Joseph, but we traded that pick for James fucking Johnson.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
                            No thanks. We had our chance to draft Cory Joseph, but we traded that pick for James fucking Johnson.
                            Whose played more minutes in the NBA though? I'm not that high on Joseph or JJ, but I'm not mad about that trade or anything.

Comment

I'm all for either trading this pick with another asset(s) for a player or for movig up the draft. There are a few names that sound interesting in the draft, but nobody that stands out like they will be more than an end of rotation type player for a few years. I think draft prospects generally get over valued at this time of year.

I want to know what Massai's plan is for winning over the next few years. I doubt we are going to get over the top by drafting Payton or bringing in C. Joseph. How long do you patiently wait to strike when your assets are depreciating as the days go by (Lowry, Amir, DD are in their prime)

Comment

red monkey wrote: View Post
                                He started 19 games for the team with the best record. That's something.
                                But he's on the Spurs, no way he played over 25 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X