Cole Aldrich anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cole Aldrich anyone?

Why not give Cole Aldrich a try? He's a big strong and decently mobile defender and can be the rim protector that MU wants for this team, he can also replace Chuck Hayes as his offensive game (although not amazing) is far ahead of Chuck. He gives us putbacks, baby hooks and decent free throw shooting. He's a rim protector, shot blocker, coachable and he's only 25 plus we can try him for a 1 yr 950K salary which is along the lines of what NY paid him this year. Is it not worth the risk?
    Yes
    64.29%
    No
    35.71%
    Last edited by lankanzero; Thu May 29, 2014, 02:17 PM.

lankanzero wrote: View Post
    Why not give Cole Aldrich a try? He's a big strong and decently mobile defender and can be the rim protector that MU wants for this team, he can also replace Chuck Hayes as his offensive game (although not amazing) is far ahead of Chuck. He gives us putbacks, baby hooks and decent free throw shooting. He's a rim protector, shot blocker, coachable and he's only 25 plus we can try him for a 1 yr 850K salary which is along the lines of what NY paid him this year. Is it not worth the risk?
    This a great idea.

Very low risk.

He torched the Raps for 13 points, 16 rebounds, and 5 blocks to end the season.

Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu May 29, 2014, 02:16 PM.

Comment

I'd be on board. I liked him in the 2010 class, and wanted him over Ed Davis.

Comment

Nah he sucks

Comment

Now these are the kind of moves you make. Zero-risk, potentially high-reward. Assuming we don't draft a center, I'd rather pick up a guy like Aldrich on the cheap than pay through the nose to get a Dalembert-type to backup JV.

Comment

TrossTheBOSS wrote: View Post
            Nah he sucks
            This.

He couldn't get minutes in center thin rotations @NY and OKC.

I'd rather give the garbage minutes to a second rounder like Bachynski, Brown, or Young.
            Myself (March 2014):
            The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
              Now these are the kind of moves you make. Zero-risk, potentially high-reward. Assuming we don't draft a center, I'd rather pick up a guy like Aldrich on the cheap than pay through the nose to get a Dalembert-type to backup JV.
              That is the key: CHEAP.

Another key word: FLEXIBLE.

If you can get him for the minimum or a little higher (like no more than $1.5M) for one year and then add team option for year two, it is a good signing.

If he doesn't pan out, you have a more mobile and better foul shooting Aaron Gray buried on the bench for specific match ups.

Comment

we should see if Dwight Howard is available
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Cole Aldrich is more viable than chuck hayes

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                    we should see if Dwight Howard is available
                    Naw, no post game, can't shoot free throws and way too tall. Plus he'll never hit a running jumper like our boy Chucky. Pass.
                    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

I would not be totally bummed if we had him for the minimum, but I would feel better with Bachynski in the second round.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Sure since we need a backup center.. but I'd only really be interested if Tyler was traded or if he was waived.

Comment

I think we're gonna need a bit better than a minimum deal to get him on board
                          He has the height of a true center at 6-11 and maybe if he gets some playing time, he can have a decent outing
                          The Knicks with Phil will probably look to keep him, as after Chandler, they really don't have a true center

I like this guy, esp as a backup center, but we will probably need to pay $2mill to get him to bite

Comment

First thought: Who is Cole Aldrich?

Second thought: Let's get Bachynski with the 59 instead (woo Canada!)
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Cole is pretty good but one of Chuck Hayes or Hansbrough has to be gone. I love both guys though who bring different things to the team. Chuck with his calm, veteran demeanor who does all the little things and is the team's best post defender despite his size. Tyler, who's the dirty workhorse and the enforcer. Both however are liabilities on offense and are undersized to play the backup C.

I'd rather draft the Canadian kid who looks like Aaron Grey with OKC's 2nd rounder.

Comment

Working...
                              X