Draft prediction - put your money where your mouth is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft prediction - put your money where your mouth is

Boom, this is it, you've got one selection in the 2014 draft, you are the Raptors GM (kinda).

Two team in front of us lost their minds and picked the Bhular brothas, so you've got 18-27 on Chad Ford's big board available. Who do you pick?

Do you want to risk being the guy who went with potential only to see your precious player wash out of the league? Or do you want to play it safe?

This could be fun to bring up in a couple of years.

Ignore fit, you are only predicting which of these guys becomes the best player. It's stupid I know, but consider the time spent answering the poll an investment for future fun. (also, I included Payton instead of Hairston since right now it looks like he could be a Raptor).
    Elfrid Payton
    25.00%
    Rodney Hood
    8.33%
    Jusuf Nurkic
    4.17%
    Jerami Grant
    8.33%
    Cleanthony Early
    4.17%
    Shabazz Napier
    16.67%
    KJ McDaniels
    8.33%
    TJ Warren
    4.17%
    Clint Capela
    16.67%
    Krystaps Porzingis
    4.17%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by stooley; Fri May 30, 2014, 05:19 PM.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Well, I've just been informed of certain Capela um qualities which may pan out badly. But I'll stick with it.
    "Bruno?
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

No.

This is stupid. How a player develops has a lot to do with what team they get drafted by.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
        No.

This is stupid. How a player develops has a lot to do with what team they get drafted by.
        Man, you don't have to be so abrasive. It's a fun little game. You should try one sometime.
        "Bruno?
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Kyle Anderson or wiggins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thought were asking who the best player in the draft will be....booo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Jeremiah grant. He has the size strength length of those big small forwards we struggle with. His biggest doubt is his shot. I think he will surprise a lot of people as he will get older and practice that price of shit.

He reminds me of a larger demar derozan, and most of derozans defensive mishaps are his length and shit, Jeromes got it
              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

No Adreian Payne?
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Early
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                    No Adreian Payne?
                    unfortunately ranked too high on the big board. assuming he'll be gone
                    "Bruno?
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Elfrid Payton. If he's on the board at 20 I think they have to take him. He's got very good upside for a prospect in that range.

He's a natural PG with strong D and good physical attributes.

Don't know if I like any other player's upside as much/more. Capela's got loads of talent but his attitude worries me. Hood could be a very good player or he could end up an average wing by NBA standards.

Think Payton could be a starting PG in the NBA down the line, possibly a very good one.

Comment

This game could also look a lot different if you used nbadraft.net or draftexpress instead of chad ford's board.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          This game could also look a lot different if you used nbadraft.net or draftexpress instead of chad ford's board.
                          yeah, that's true.

someone should see which ones are historically more accurate. calculate the variations or something.
                          "Bruno?
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                            yeah, that's true.

someone should see which ones are historically more accurate. calculate the variations or something.
                            This site did some analysis for 2011, 12 and 13.....

Too lazy to go through it and see how much sense it makes, but the random thing is that David Kay from thesportsbank seems to be really good at mock drafts.

Links to all years
                            2011:http://weaksideawareness.wordpress.c...a-mock-drafts/
                            2012:http://weaksideawareness.wordpress.c...12-best-worst/
                            2013:http://weaksideawareness.wordpress.c...best-to-worst/

This year's mock draft at thesportsbank
                            http://www.thesportsbank.net/nba-dra...ock-draft-422/

David Kay has us taking Payton

Comment

Fun thread. Always fun to play GM sans consequences. I'm holding off though until closer to draft time. Still a lot of time for things to change - especially 18-27.

Comment

Working...
                              X