Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What do you think about Landry Fields next season?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What do you think about Landry Fields next season?

I think he can be a contributor hopefully.
    Maybe he can get his shot somewhat back and crack Dwane Casey's rotation.
    He is a great defender without a question
    He's in a contract year next season so maybe he will have more incentive to play better?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad he's an expiring.

Maybe get a second rounder for him?
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
    I'm glad he's an expiring.

Maybe get a second rounder for him?
    I hope BOTH things happen. I honestly like Landry (always have, even since new York, thanks to the Andy And Landry show) and want good things for him, and want him to get back to what he was. But for that contract, I also hope we get some value out of him in a trade. Maybe some team sees him and wants a defense first insurance policy?
    @Boymusic66

Post Thanks / Like

And second round picks can be used as trading assets, so it's good if we stockpile some.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
    And second round picks can be used as trading assets, so it's good if we stockpile some.
    Oh hey, Chicago/Houston/Sacramento/Cleveland/Suns/Celtics, you need a decent size expiring contract to make the salaries you send back work in your Kevin Love trade? Sure we'll throw in Landry for your second rounder!
    @Boymusic66

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He is a third stringer/situational player making $8.5m with a cap hit of $6.23m on an expiring contract.

He has no value at this moment in a trade, in fact due to his contract, he is a liability.

To trade him would require a productive or valuable asset to be traded along with him.

I personally hope he can return to his rookie form but highly doubt that will happen in a raptors uniform...if ever.

And his wife is hot as balls.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Salmons +fields + Hansborough= Terence Jones +Asik + Lin. Toronto eats salary that is not on the cap but gains a piece with Terence Jones that replace Patrick Patterson.

Asik gets his money and fights it out to be the starting PF with Amir Johnson . Houston saves 10 million dollars of cap space

Personally don't like this trade , I would go after David Lee or Boozer. Prefer Lee and since everyone thinks Barnes is untouchable I will be pleased to take Draymond Green. The trade works $16.5 million from Tdot for $16.2 for lee and Greene.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    He is a third stringer/situational player making $8.5m with a cap hit of $6.23m on an expiring contract.

He has no value at this moment in a trade, in fact due to his contract, he is a liability.

To trade him would require a productive or valuable asset to be traded along with him.

I personally hope he can return to his rookie form but highly doubt that will happen in a raptors uniform...if ever.

And his wife is hot as balls.
    Actually that's not really correct.

He does have value to a team trying to free up cap space for 2015 free agency. They could send a long-term deal our way and a draft pick for his expiring contract.

That's about the only situation I can think of though.

Raptors Republic Starter YoungGunRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We need to give him some run next season. If he is productive, then we can sell him high and/or even keep him on our roster.

Im leaning towards trading him, but given that the only value he currently has is on the defensive end, it would be better to try and get some sort of offensive showcasing from him early next season, and then seek to trade him while his value is up.
    ďYou can sink and drown, or you can float, and we out here like Michael Phelps."
    Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post

He does have value to a team trying to free up cap space for 2015 free agency. They could send a long-term deal our way and a draft pick for his expiring contract.

I would imagine that type of deal is done closer to deadline when about 2/3s of his contract is already paid.

Also have to consider Raps might wish to be 2015 players as well.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be surprised if Masai forces Casey to play him next season, by not getting a replacement for Salmons. Although, I bet Casey would choose to play De Colo instead, assuming we re-sign him. The best case scenario is that Fields contributes enough next season that we can package him in a larger deal as an attractive expiring that could contribute on another playoff team.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Raptors Republic Starter Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I try not to.

Thanks folks, I'll be here all week.

13. Like stooley liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Backup 3. He's more than capable of playing 15-20 MPG in the right lineups and being very effective, whether he can recover a portion of his prior shooting ability or not.

15. Like Just Is, CalgaryRapsFan liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    I try not to.

Thanks folks, I'll be here all week.
    lol

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Backup 3. He's more than capable of playing 15-20 MPG in the right lineups and being very effective, whether he can recover a portion of his prior shooting ability or not.
    yeah... ish. he needs to be able to offer some offense. right now guys just clog the lane and keep him in their peripheral, it's too easy for the d.

Post Thanks / Like

Nobody needs to be anywhere near Fields on the perimeter, it would just hurt AJ, JV, Hayes and Patman inside.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post

Scenario B) A team trying to trade for a superstar doesn't have a nice shiny expiring contract to make the salaries match, and needs to throw in 8 mil of expirings to make the trade happen. That's when we jump in for the price of a measly second rounder (Also known as Hinkie Gold)
    @Boymusic66

Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    lol

yeah... ish. he needs to be able to offer some offense. right now guys just clog the lane and keep him in their peripheral, it's too easy for the d.
    He offers plenty when used correctly. It's no coincidence the team was effective both offensively and defensively with him on the court in the playoffs (and in the two significant games he played since returning from surgery). Yes, the defence will sag if you just stand him in the corner, but what sort of idiotic coach would do that? Have him set off ball screens, cut baseline, and handle the ball as a secondary option and he's very effective.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TSF wrote: View Post
    Scenario B) A team trying to trade for a superstar doesn't have a nice shiny expiring contract to make the salaries match, and needs to throw in 8 mil of expirings to make the trade happen. That's when we jump in for the price of a measly second rounder (Also known as Hinkie Gold)
    That wouldn't fix their problem unless we are also taking back long term salary. In which case I want a lot more than a 2nd rounder.

Raptors Republic Starter TrossTheBOSS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He is overpaid but a solid defender off the bench could be trade filler or something also I was channel flipping and in this show called sing your face off Landry is a contestant he was dressed as Lionel richie singing karaoke next week on the show he's dressed as pitbull he didn't do too bad got like 25/30 by the judges. He's appearing on a tv show instead of working on ball in the off season wtf

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    He offers plenty when used correctly. It's no coincidence the team was effective both offensively and defensively with him on the court in the playoffs (and in the two significant games he played since returning from surgery). Yes, the defence will sag if you just stand him in the corner, but what sort of idiotic coach would do that? Have him set off ball screens, cut baseline, and handle the ball as a secondary option and he's very effective.
    I guess you're right to an extent.

but then we've got two guys who can ONLY do that on the court in him and Amir... spacing is at such a premium these days that we'd be limited to playing him in very specific, shoot-heavy lineups.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information