Thread: Demar vs. Bledsoe

Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Demar vs. Bledsoe

Remember last offseason when it was reported that Masai was trading Bledsoe for kid dynamite straight up. If you could go back to that day, would you take the trade now that the season is finished.

I just want to see where the demar haters and lovers fall on this spectrum. Let the games begin
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Bledsoe will get the max, and I would not like to pay him that, so I'll take DD.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Bledsoe is the better player definitely, but I don't think he's so much better that I'd prefer Bledsoe on the max to DeMar at 9.5M.

Post Thanks / Like

we were going to trade DD for Bledsoe?
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    Bledsoe is the better player definitely, but I don't think he's so much better that I'd prefer Bledsoe on the max to DeMar at 9.5M.
    Bledsoe does some things better than DeMar, but I would not say he is definitely better. Durability issues and turnovers are a concern, also can he duplicate this years stats now that teams will have better scouting reports?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

DD is a head and Shoulder above E.B. There is no comparison here.

Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope one day DD proves all of us wrong for doubting him

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    I hope one day DD proves all of us wrong for doubting him

He already has !!! Did you see the games this season and the play offs ... Here we have bunch of haters and Happy Boy who can help but hate on the best player in this team.

DD has nothing to prove to anyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Demar Derozan:

2017 All-NBA first team and All-Defensive second team, book it
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

10. Like Jamshid liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie RepTdot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

both great players...but DD just for the value contract BC signed him too...an All-Star locked in at $9.5 for the next 3 years is a steal...Bledsoe is gonna run $12mil+ and hasn't proven anything on the level of DD so far.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    Bledsoe does some things better than DeMar, but I would not say he is definitely better. Durability issues and turnovers are a concern, also can he duplicate this years stats now that teams will have better scouting reports?
    Yeah that's a fair point. I was pretty much just talking about impact on the floor. But the fact that Bledsoe has trouble staying healthy is a concern. Also like you said he is a turnover machine (actually DeMar is a better passer than him...).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RepTdot wrote: View Post
    both great players...but DD just for the value contract BC signed him too...an All-Star locked in at $9.5 for the next 3 years is a steal...Bledsoe is gonna run $12mil+ and hasn't proven anything on the level of DD so far.
    2 years.

Year 3 is a player option.
    "You don’t know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    2 years.

Year 3 is a player option.
    Yeah, and due to the same rules that applied to Lowry this year, the opportunity to extend DD just won't be there, as he'll want more than a 10M per year extension. So if he is still around come the end of 2015-16, we're gambling the same way we are this summer with Lowry. Difference being that I expect a whole lot of teams to clear cap room to make a run at Durant, and DD could be one of those fall back options that gets dramatically overpaid (see: Boozer, 2010).

15. Like mcHAPPY, CalgaryRapsFan liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Demar. He developed into one of the best shooting guards in the league. This season, I have him at # 2 behind James Harden and ahead of Wade. Plus Colangelo locked him for a pretty reasonable contract. And he wants to win here.

Bledsoe is like a taller version of Nate Robinson or a poor-man's Steve Francis. He already has injuries, so I'm not really high on him. I'd take Dragic over him.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Straight up talent for talent I would go with Bledsoe, but considering factors like what Bledsoe is going to get paid, and us already having a good shot at Lowry and I think you gotta go with DeRozan.

Raptors Republic All-Star YoungGunRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bledsoe is the better player.

But I am not convinced that Bledsoe is the better player for the Raptors, and I don't think that we would have achieved as much as we really did had we traded Derozan for Bledsoe.

Bledsoe is thriving in the Sun's run and gun style of play. He and Dragic work very well together in the open floor, and both have the ability to knock down shots and make plays for others.

Derozan seems to thrive in the open court as well, but with the Raptors slower style of play, he really does play at his best when coming off of screens and cutting to the basket.
    “You can sink and drown, or you can float, and we out here like Michael Phelps."
    Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to say, because I think a DD for Bledsoe swap last summer would have set off a chain of events that would have drastically altered the past season in Toronto. The Rudy Gay trade would have likely still happened, and it probably would have set up a Lowry trade as well. Potentially even more players (Amir) could have been moved, and we could easily have been looking at the complete rebuild that many were pining for last summer.

So without a doubt the last 5 months would not have been nearly as enjoyable, but we could be looking at a top five pick right now with some more draft picks/prospects/cap room collected during the process.

I wrote all of this to say that I don't know.

20. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Easier to find a PG in this league than a 6'7 SG, so DD

22. Like imanshumpert liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Fully wrote: View Post
    It's hard to say, because I think a DD for Bledsoe swap last summer would have set off a chain of events that would have drastically altered the past season in Toronto. The Rudy Gay trade would have likely still happened, and it probably would have set up a Lowry trade as well. Potentially even more players (Amir) could have been moved, and we could easily have been looking at the complete rebuild that many were pining for last summer.

So without a doubt the last 5 months would not have been nearly as enjoyable, but we could be looking at a top five pick right now with some more draft picks/prospects/cap room collected during the process.

I wrote all of this to say that I don't know.
    The Bledsoe trade wouldn't have signalled rebuild doe, Erik and demar are the same age. I think we would have see a. Two guard lineup with lowry and Bledsoe with gay and Amir still on the roster. Unless of course we sucked, then rudy is gone and maybe we get mclemore instead of Vasquez in the gay deal.

Anything could have happened basically. We could have gone full rebuild after starting off really bad or we could have been solid like Phoenix was with the 2 guard lineup
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    Easier to find a PG in this league than a 6'7 SG, so DD

eh for me, there's three positions in the NBA: PG, Wing, Forward.

And the problem with a 6'7 SG who's not uber quick is you can put your long 3s on him, and he almost seems undersized.

Thread Information