Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Stars that could realistically be available to Toronto in the next few years

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's another thing: top 5 players generally win the championship when its all said and done, but a lot of top 5 players get knocked out along the way.

If you can beat one, no reason why you couldn't beat another.

Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone out there still wanna claim the Spurs can't beat the Heat without a superstar? Last night was one of the most epic beatdowns I have ever seen.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    Anyone out there still wanna claim the Spurs can't beat the Heat without a superstar? Last night was one of the most epic beatdowns I have ever seen.
    Define "superstar"? Sure, they're past their prime, but a combo of Parker, Duncan and Manu I think 99% of teams in the NBA would take any day over just a good team with a "superstar".

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    Define "superstar"? Sure, they're past their prime, but a combo of Parker, Duncan and Manu I think 99% of teams in the NBA would take any day over just a good team with a "superstar".
    I think that's the point though, isn't it?

Raptors Republic All-Star YoungGunRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

How about Kawhi Leonard last night?

28 points, and a bit of everything else against Lebron James? In the finals? Not bad for the 15th pick.

I would love to see the Raptors emulate the Spurs' team vision.
    “You can sink and drown, or you can float, and we out here like Michael Phelps."
    Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    Series not over dude. But it would be great to be wrong about the superstar thing. Coach Pop is making this happen for the Spurs though, no question about it, and he's more rare then obtaining superstar player. It's probably easier to get a superstar then emulating the Spurs.

If the Spurs do win the series though, then other possibilities can be looked at for championship runs.

But at heart, I think Toronto is a Superstar kinda city. Our general ill-will towards Vince today kinda shows how much effort and time we take to embrace every aspect, every character trait, every miscue, or any glory our superstars attain.

It's been so long since a championship in this town that I think we're just fanboys/girls at heart, wanting a clear-cut hero to represent us, for us to be proud of.

Team-style basketball? That's the way the game is meant to be played, and the best kind of basketball for the league to evolve.

Superstar-style basketball? This creates the moments that every fan or media outlet crave and love. Selfishly, I like those moments.

Not against either style, just have my preference.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information