No announcement yet.

Roy Hibbert anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't wait until JV kicks his ass every matchup.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Hibbert was a beast in the first half of the season. He's got great physical tools and amazing defensive instincts.

In saying that, if I paid 15M+ a year to an NBA player I wouldn't expect to have to babysit him mentally as well.
      Maybe it's the culture of the Pacers as well, but watching him sulk tells me that he may be great talent-wise but he ain't no leader or even a complement to a leader to bring you to the promised land.

If I was MU I'd join the trade talks to up his value just to ensure the team that actually gets him has to overpay.

But seriously, he's likely not something the Raptors may ever need in the duration of his playing career.

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
        I can't wait until JV kicks his ass every matchup.
        He already does tho. Hibbert is a 7'2 pile of garbage. If he wasn't 7'2 he wouldn't be in the nba. His only skill is his size and he has nothing other than that. No post game no shot no perimeter defence and a madd overrated defence. He only gets blocks because he's fucking 7'2 and he still doesn't rack um up. Dude can't even fucking rebound. I wouldn't even poke him with a 10000000000 light year pole man.
        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

No thanks. Unless the Pacers amnesty him and we could sign him for the veteran's minimum. He is as good as Bargs in rebounding or even worse.

Comment

There's buying low and buying toxic. This is the latter.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
              No thanks. Unless the Pacers amnesty him and we could sign him for the veteran's minimum. He is as good as Bargs in rebounding or even worse.
              OK people I'm with you if you do not want to pay Hibbert 8 figures for 3 years. But saying sign him to a vet's minimum is just silly. Not to mention that the Pacers cannot amnesty him.

Comment

dzoni71 wrote: View Post
                OK people I'm with you if you do not want to pay Hibbert 8 figures for 3 years. But saying sign him to a vet's minimum is just silly. Not to mention that the Pacers cannot amnesty him.
                You got it then. I don't want him for his talent and his contract. My point is right now, he's worth as much as Alabi or Grey.

Comment

If the Pacers are willing to include George in any Hibbert trade than yeah sure I'd listen.. otherwise I think it's a terrible idea.

Comment

Jonas is already better than this guy at scoring and rebounding. Defense will come.

Comment

Unless he's acquired and flipped, he's unnecessary. Even if this is done, what does Toronto have to satisfy Indiana?
                      Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Hibbert would be an intriguing buy low proposition for a lot of teams... if he was making about half of his actual salary. At roughly $15 million per though I wouldn't expect a long list of suitors, but rarely is a player ever truly untradeable. The Raptors alone have swapped two "unmovable" players in the past 12 months, and won the trades both times resoundingly. Joe Johnson was another "least desirable contract in the league" candidate who actually returned the Hawks something of valuable. Hibbert is damaged goods but there would be a landing spot for him if Indiana was really motivated to move him.
                        And to be completely fair, he's not the absolute bum that some have made him out to be. A 2x all-star and an elite defensive player by a lot of metrics during the past few seasons. Of course, he's also shown that he's capable of long stretches of complete and utter uselessness when his head space isn't right. Any team that acquires him would be holding their breath.

I will say that one team that should have nothing to do with him regardless of how much he's making is the Raptors.

Comment

I want nothing to do with this POS. I don't like him and I don't like his face!

Comment

Why would we get hibbert ? so he can cry because the fans love or loved(if we have to give him up in the trade) JV more then him and have a collapse and put up 4, 0 point games, 2 0 rebound games in the freaken playoffs ? at 7'2 with a 9'5 standing reach, he will never live that down. on a freaken max contract.

Comment

JV & DD or PG and RH?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X