Roy Hibbert anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Hibbert anyone?

He's rumored to be available and although he had a horrible second half of the season+ Playoffs he was still second team all nba defensive team. It wouldn't take much to get him either. The main problem would be JV and Roy's minutes but maybe you could try JV at the 4. I probably wouldn't take roy but It's kinda slow right now so i thought i would start this thread. Thoughts?
    #BringBackUzoh

No.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

I think many individuals are disappointed by Roy Hibbert's poor rebounding skills... and I believe Raptors desperately need a rebounder.
      Furthermore, adding Roy Hibbert to Raptors' roster may affect Jonas Valancinuas in negative manners.
      Although, Roy Hibbert was praised for his offensive skills last season, I sincerely believe Jonas Valancinuas can develop to become a better offensive big man, if he has already not done so.
      In conclusion... let's stay away from Roy Hibbert please
      Last edited by Triplethreat89; Tue Jun 3, 2014, 05:43 PM.

Comment

$30M for him? No fucking way

Comment

feet85 wrote: View Post
          He's rumored to be available and although he had a horrible second half of the season+ Playoffs he was still second team all nba defensive team. It wouldn't take much to get him either. The main problem would be JV and Roy's minutes but maybe you could try JV at the 4. I probably wouldn't take roy but It's kinda slow right now so i thought i would start this thread. Thoughts?
          Roy and about 30 million of his friends is available. It would be a Rudy Gay Deja Vu.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
            Roy and about 30 million of his friends is available. It would be a Rudy Gay Deja Vu.
            Don't even compare those two, Hibbert would just bring a bad voodoo bro the locker room, + Rudy tried to become his better self in the summer, which he is in Sactown right now.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't see how Roy helps us in any way.
              On offense, we have a wing attack based system with Demar, Ross, Lowry, Vasquez and 2Pat on the perimeter. Roy doesn't provide any spacing.
              Moreover, he doesn't have an offensive repertoire to begin with. We are talking about a guy who has shooting percentage as a big man in the 40 percentile

On defense, he's great, but is the difference between JV next and Roy on defense that huge?
              Does it warrant max contract money? Does it warrant destroying our cap space for the 2015 FA crop?

Plus Roy brings too much baggage with him. We are already trying to develop a young center and mold him into good habits, so Roy would really destroy the locker room.

Comment

A 22 year old JV who already puts up better offensive numbers than Roy while showing improvement on defense and owed $7.5M over next 2 years with option to keep him for another 4-5.

ORRRRRRRR

A 27 year old EMO who is worse than JV offensively and much better defensively when he isn't crying and owed $30M over next 2 years with UFA looming after that.

No

No

No

No.

Comment

I think I'd find a new team to cheer for if we made this move.

ah... who am I kidding, I'd grin and bear it.
                  "Bruno?
                  Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                  He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

well if we get Roy with expirings and a pick and then turn around and get KLove with a package of Val and picks... whos gonna stop watching the Raps? anyone?

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
                      well if we get Roy with expirings and a pick and then turn around and get KLove with a package of Val and picks... whos gonna stop watching the Raps? anyone?
                      Eyyy. Now that's thinking. The danger is if the second move goes wrong we're absolutely screwed.
                      "Bruno?
                      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                        Eyyy. Now that's thinking. The danger is if the second move goes wrong we're absolutely screwed.
                        honestly i wouldnt be surprised if this is what danny Ainge is thinking from the get go... and it doesnt hurt Roy's boss is Danny Ainge's wing man from the past.... sheeshh... i fucking hate the Celtics... they always have more than what we have

Comment

Not a chance in hell. Who wants to pay slightly-better Hasheem Thabeet 30 million? Not to mention the bills for all the therapists you'd have to send him to so he'd shut the hell up and play some decent basketball...
                          @Boymusic66

Comment

If we get Hibbert for cheap, then pass him off for picks (to a team desperate for a 7 footer) I'm in.
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                              If we get Hibbert for cheap, then pass him off for picks (to a team desperate for a 7 footer) I'm in.
                              Breaking sideways off this line of thinking, the only thing that makes sense about Toronto getting into Hibbert negotiations is to try and be a 3rd team to help facilitate and hopefully walk away with a solid asset or two somehow.

Fuck Hibbert. He's beyond overrated. He's not even that good defensively. Has anyone noticed that he's basically invisible defensively when he actually is matched up against any competent offensive C? He's a good rim protector when he doesn't have to worry about his man at all and just gets to camp in the lane. I liked him coming out of college as a decent (ie average) NBA starting C, which really is a steal of a pick at 17...but he's not worth his contract or the crazy amount of hype he gets.

Comment

Working...
                              X