Chandler Parsons.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH wrote: View Post
    Possible, although I thought there was more ill will than good will, due to Parsons asking for a raise last year as well and being stuck on a minimum salary deal. You may be right though.
    With all the recruiting he did for Dwight Howard last year, I can't see there being any ill will.

Had they screwed him over for this upcoming season, then, yes indeed.

Comment

Houston still has to figure out a way to unload both Asik and Lin without getting anything back.. maybe they will hope that the Knicks like these two guys enough and are willing to do a S&T. Maybe Phil is ready for some Linsansity

Comment

There will be takers for Lin and Asik. If Houston's plan is to go after Melo, then Lin and Asik are obvious sign-and-trade candidates for the Knicks. If New York doesn't want Melo, and Boston gets Kevin Love, then Boston will be looking for additional talent for their team and Asik and Lin provide the team with a dominant defensive center and a scoring/playmaking sixth man. The Lakers would probably love to have Lin and if Nash agrees to retire that would work. Etc.

Comment

If we offer him anything less than a complete overpay Houston will probably match.
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Possible, although I thought there was more ill will than good will, due to Parsons asking for a raise last year as well and being stuck on a minimum salary deal. You may be right though.
            I doubt there's any ill will. It would be silly, the Rockets didn't have a team option last year. Even if they wanted to give him a raise, there was nothing they could've done.

I suspect any attempts to sign him are moot. If the Rockets opted out, it's because they are quite certain they are getting him back. If they aren't ready to match a significant offer, then why not just keep him for a year.

I think it would be fair to wonder if a max offer might get it done. I suspect still not. They are chasing a championship now, and they can't afford to just let Parsons walk. They will probably unload Asik/Lin, target Lowry or whoever, and then sign Parsons to whatever the market dictates.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
              There will be takers for Lin and Asik. If Houston's plan is to go after Melo, then Lin and Asik are obvious sign-and-trade candidates for the Knicks. If New York doesn't want Melo, and Boston gets Kevin Love, then Boston will be looking for additional talent for their team and Asik and Lin provide the team with a dominant defensive center and a scoring/playmaking sixth man. The Lakers would probably love to have Lin and if Nash agrees to retire that would work. Etc.
              Boston has a TPE that can absorb one of Lin or Asik.. so that can work but I don't see how they take on both contracts and Love without giving Houston any salary back.. Lin to LA doesn't make much sense considering if Nash retires he is still owed that $9.7M and that cap hit still exists for LA.. they can file a claim with the league that Nash is retiring due to injury but that would be hard to pull off. Morey has to hope that NY would welcome Linsanity again (and Dolan would have to be convinced of that) or another team is willing to give an expiring contract for him.

Lin + #25 works for Salmons.. maybe that's the type of offer Houston would want. Only problem is we have enough PG's especially if both KL and GV are back.

Asik + #25 for Salmons would work too, and that would be awesome if MU could pull it off.

Comment

BOS is not going to take Asik and Lin off of HOU's books - they'll be in the hunt for Melo as well - why would they help clear cap room for their main competition?
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

There is more of a chance that Houston would go after Rondo (if available) or Lowry than Melo, imo. They need a facilitator not another guy who wants 20 shots a game.

Unless the money is outrageous I don't think Parsons is going anywhere, and I don't think he's worth more than $7 - $8 million range. Certainly not more than what DeMar is getting.

Comment

Boston won't give up Rondo if they are going after Love. I'm sure they would give Lowry's agent a call, but he's staying in Toronto

Comment

BOS is not going to take Asik and Lin off of HOU's books - they'll be in the hunt for Melo as well - why would they help clear cap room for their main competition?
                      If Houston wins the Melodrama then Lin/Asik is their next option.

Comment

If Houston wins the Melodrama then Lin/Asik is their next option.
                        Yeah, but they can't win the Melodrama unless they shed Lin/Asik.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yeah, but they can't win the Melodrama unless they shed Lin/Asik.
                          Which is why in this scenario it all happens at the same time. Remember, Melo's going to make the final decision as to where he wants to go. If he decides on Houston, Houston then will make some calls and decide what to do to make it work with their cap; other teams will co-operate to an extent, so long as that co-operation serves their own best interests, because no team wants to get a reputation for interfering unreasonably with player's choice of team. This cap shuffling will likely involve Lin and Asik (and maybe Parsons) going SOMEWHERE, and Boston and New York are the two most obvious destinations.

Comment

Which is why in this scenario it all happens at the same time. Remember, Melo's going to make the final decision as to where he wants to go. If he decides on Houston, Houston then will make some calls and decide what to do to make it work with their cap; other teams will co-operate to an extent, so long as that co-operation serves their own best interests, because no team wants to get a reputation for interfering unreasonably with player's choice of team. This cap shuffling will likely involve Lin and Asik (and maybe Parsons) going SOMEWHERE, and Boston and New York are the two most obvious destinations.
                            I think you are overestimating teams' cooperation in these matters. Teams are always sabotaging other teams, usually by presenting RFA's with restrictive offer sheets. And teams are further always ignoring players' decisions about where they should play - think how many RFA offer sheets are matched. If the teams were so concerned about cooperating with player wishes they would never match.

You are also underestimating how limited the market is for Lin and Asik (not Parsons, he carries almost no cap hit and HOU won't move him unless they absolutely have to). They make a ton off money this year (each is paid 15M) and have significant cap hits at 8.5M, and are both going to UFA after this season.

If it comes down to BOS and HOU, as seems likely with Melo, then there's no way BOS participates in a transaction allowing Melo to go to HOU.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

i like parsons but he's a below average defender and opposite teams' wings would drop 30+ on the regular. i mean, he's got the TOOLS to play D and be good at it but he just doesn't. maybe casey could ram it into his head? i dunno.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I gotta say..contract aside I know very little about Parsons.

Anyone who watched him a lot have an opinion on if he would even fit here?
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X