No announcement yet.

anyone else really happy with our team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone else really happy with our team?

will we win a championship? no. will we make it out of the first round next year? probably not. But who cares, it is fun to see this group grow together and keep this franchise respectable. There can only be one winner next year and the other 29 teams our out of luck. You just have to accept that it will never be us, and realize almost everything else in this world is more important than basketball. Baseball for instance.

They exceeded expectations but imo we have a lack of direction, if we tanked then our direction is rebuilding, if we traded for veterans then our direction would be win now, i think Masai made that rudy trade and just went with the flow of the team winning, i right now he isnt doing much but i look forward to seeing his moves. Yes i am happy with the team but fuck brooklyn.

Comment

You should start creating motivational posters if you haven't already. That was moving. Now I know why they call you truuth.

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
        You should start creating motivational posters if you haven't already. That was moving. Now I know why they call you truuth.
        this is sarcasm, right? right?

Comment

i am gulping the MU koolaid down as hard and fast as i can

i love what he's doing with the team

i expect him to sign/trade for a vet that really helps solidify the team, especially come playoff time, and i expect him to draft a player or two who contribute right away

thank you based masai
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            i am gulping the MU koolaid down as hard and fast as i can

i love what he's doing with the team

i expect him to sign/trade for a vet that really helps solidify the team, especially come playoff time, and i expect him to draft a player or two who contribute right away

thank you based masai
            LOL

I'll be happy with another first round pick and a couple of more Hansbrough-like signings.

Comment

Valanciunas/Hansbrough/Rookie
              Johnson/Patterson/Hayes
              Ross/Fields/Novak
              DeRozan/FA/De Colo
              Lowry/Vasquez/Rookie

Let's go with that, for real

Comment

truuth2 wrote: View Post
                will we win a championship? no. will we make it out of the first round next year? probably not. But who cares, it is fun to see this group grow together and keep this franchise respectable. There can only be one winner next year and the other 29 teams our out of luck. You just have to accept that it will never be us, and realize almost everything else in this world is more important than basketball. Baseball for instance.
                Happy with this season? Yes
                Accepting of being complacent? No
                Demanding radical changes? No

To say that 29 other teams were not champions either is a terrible example. As fans we have the right to hope (not expect) for a championship team. But if the players and management themselves aren't atleast aiming for a championship then why should we support them?

It'll take baby steps and long-term planning, shrewd roster transactions and what-not, but if we have fans, players, management that accept this year as our ceiling, then our sports team culture needs major tweaking.

Luckily, I have faith that the personal we have on our sports team absolutely disagrees with your statement and has a direction and target they are aiming for, which is of course a championship team for Toronto one day.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                  Valanciunas/Hansbrough/Rookie
                  Johnson/Patterson/Hayes
                  Ross/Fields/Novak
                  DeRozan/FA/De Colo
                  Lowry/Vasquez/Rookie

Let's go with that, for real

Same kinda idea.. just putting the round pegs in different round holes

Centre JV/FA/Hayes
                  PF Amir/Ppat/Draft@20 or 37
                  SF Ross/Draft@20 or 37/Fields/Novak
                  SG Demar/Ross
                  PG Kyle/Vazquez/Draft@59

Thinking we have to get a back up big at the Centre slot. In FA you fill needs and when JV takes a breather this year we would do well to have a Defense/Rebounding and the ability to throw an very quick outlet pass to let the bench unit race horses run type of C that can play 15-18 mins a night. If MU gets that change of pace PG that can run like the wind (Carson/Smith) and TRoss that would be a change of pace for the other teams D to try to figure out.
                  Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Jun 5, 2014, 09:33 AM.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

Ennis at 20, Inglis at 37 and Baschinsky at 59.

Pass first PG (more looks for JV?), defensive wing and shot blocking center
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

"You just have to accept that it will never be us, and realize almost everything else in this world is more important than basketball."

That's pretty damned realistic but not so much fun. Sports is a fantasy world to live in when global affairs overwhelm us. Hide! Hide! Let's watch the Raps tonight!

One other thing:

ED is going to be in Restricted Free Agency this summer and will be available for the $$ the Raps must pay Pat Pat. Sooo - who would you rather have on the team? To me that's a tough call mostly because I know Ed is a glue guy and can be a very good shot blocker in the paint.

Great jumps.

Comment

2Pat skill set is better in the current NBA.
                        Myself (March 2014):
                        The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

Roarque wrote: View Post
                          "You just have to accept that it will never be us, and realize almost everything else in this world is more important than basketball."

That's pretty damned realistic but not so much fun. Sports is a fantasy world to live in when global affairs overwhelm us. Hide! Hide! Let's watch the Raps tonight!

One other thing:

ED is going to be in Restricted Free Agency this summer and will be available for the $$ the Raps must pay Pat Pat. Sooo - who would you rather have on the team? To me that's a tough call mostly because I know Ed is a glue guy and can be a very good shot blocker in the paint.

Great jumps.
                          PP every time

Comment

There is actually a very good chance that at some point in your 50+ year adult life, your "team" will win a championship.

I like having the best of both worlds. I don't consider myself a rash fan who seems to see everything in black and white, constantly demanding firings and core piece trades. Franchise building is a long process with lots of grey, and a lot of variables outside of anyone's control. At the same time, resigning yourself to "we'll never win a championship, so just enjoy the ride" is kind of depressing.

Also, if you're really hungry for championships, follow the CFL. Much better odds.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                              Ennis at 20, Inglis at 37 and Baschinsky at 59.

Pass first PG (more looks for JV?), defensive wing and shot blocking center
                              Assuming Ennis falls to us, that would be one of the best outcomes of the draft for us
                              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Working...
                              X