Amare hitting the market this summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amare hitting the market this summer?

Encouraged by several weeks at the top of his game and emotionally rejuvenated by finally feeling 100 percent again after a serious eye injury, Amar'e Stoudemire strongly indicated Monday he will opt out of the final season of his Suns contract and become a free agent.

Stoudemire cautioned that no final decision has been made. But, speaking before the Suns played the Warriors at Oracle Arena, he told NBA.com that "It's definitely a great time. The timing is perfect as far as being a free agent. But it doesn't determine whether I stay or not."

Told that it seemed as though he was leaning hard toward joining the summer market that may already include LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and Joe Johnson, Stoudemire smiled. Then he repeated the statement.
    "It's a great time to be a free agent."

Timing wise, it's actually perfect. Stoudemire went into Monday averaging 30.2 points and 10.2 rebounds the previous 10 games, pushing an All-Star campaign to new heights. He had at least 30 points in six of the 10 and Friday against the Jazz, a good defensive team, needed only 16 shots to score 40, the fewest attempts anyone in the league has needed to break 40 in 2009-10.
    NBA.com

No surprise here, Amare looks like he's going to hit the free agent market this year. Here's a prediction for you all. James, Wade and Bosh all decline to the Knicks offers and Stoudamire and Johnson both sign with the Knicks, reunited with their former coach on one of the biggest stages in the world. Amare and Joe would be loved in New York. I can see this happening. Thoughts?

Amare and Joe on a Knicks team with a bunch of young guys like Chandler and Gallo and possibly Lee as well, will make for a pretty good team imo. Would push them to middle of the pack in the East I think. Around 5-6 seed depending on who they surround them with. Either way it would be a very fun team to watch with D'antoni coaching.

Comment

Working...
    X