First to all-NBA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First to all-NBA?

Just wondering, with improvements for a lot of our guys, and the fact that some believe that DD and Lowry could have been on an all-NBA team, which guy on our team (if any) will be the first?
    Kyle Lowry
    23.08%
    Demar Derozan
    30.77%
    Terrence Ross
    3.85%
    Jonas Valanciunas
    38.46%
    Patrick Patterson
    0.00%
    A rookie we get in the upcoming draft
    0.00%
    Steve Novak
    3.85%
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

DD next year on an All-NBA
    Kyle next year on a 2nd All-Defensive
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

Just put up a poll.

I say DD, and JV will be the second.

Comment

Masai.

Comment

JV. The center position is weak and the guard position is too beast for either DD or Lowry. I think they were both further from all NBA than people think (not necessarily a criticism of them, they just aren't top 6 guards)
          "Bruno?
          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Weak??????
            Dwight Howard
            DeMarcus Cousins
            Andre Drummond
            DeAndre Jordan
            Al Jefferson
            Brook Lopez
            Al Horford
            Greg Monre
            Jokim Noah
            Marc Gasol
            Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Idk why people keep saying the center position is weak. It was only weak from like 2004-08 or so.

Weakest position in the league is SG.

Comment

haha I knew someone would say Novak

Comment

Looks like the ross hype has decreased, I swear before people thought had the highest potential on the raptors.
                  I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                    Idk why people keep saying the center position is weak. It was only weak from like 2004-08 or so.

Weakest position in the league is SG.
                    Yeah, its legitimately to the point where its not even debatable. Finding the strongest position, now THAT is worthy of debate (I waver between PG and PF).

As for the poll, I'd go with JV.

If I'm being perfectly honest, I don't see Ross ever making the All NBA team (just because, with the roster the way it currently is, I can't see him being a first option ... yet) but I DO see him (and Lowry)flirting with an All Defensive team spot. While I think DD and Lowry could make an All NBA team (I was legitimately surprised Lowry didn't this year), there's just too many good PGs in the league that have a stronger "brand" then them. Toronto needs to truly be perceived as a stronger team before that limiter can be mitigated. Centre has the smallest poll of players and, outside of Howard, I wouldn't say any of them have a really strong "name." That's pretty much why I had to go with JV.

At the same time, I do think having the votes be public will help limit some of the inherent problems with the voting process. I mean, seriously, someone voted DD for All Defensive team...someone DIDN'T vote Lebron on All NBA First Team...and most importantly, TWO someone's voted James Harden for All Defensive team (see if it was one, I could see it being a sarcastic vote, two...is just scary).

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                    Looks like the ross hype has decreased, I swear before people thought had the highest potential on the raptors.
                    The playoffs does that. Personally, I still think he has a VERY high floor (potential wise). I still think he has more potential than people think/thought but his biggest barrier is his own confidence. That's NOT something that's easy to break past.
                    Last edited by Just Is; Fri Jun 6, 2014, 08:32 PM.
                    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Because there's no distinction between PG/SG I think Lowry still has a better shot than Demar. (5 point guards were voted in if you include Dragic, and a sixth in John Wall placed higher than Demar.) I think Demar got more votes than Lowry because he made the all-star team, which meant exposure, but if Lowry sticks around next year, I think he'll be heralded as the real MVP of the team, the way Steph Curry was passed over for David Lee for the All Star game, but then became the clear-cut face of the team.

If Lowry doesn't make it next year I think Val will make it a year or two later.

Comment

Val's also got the highest ceiling of our players right now, and I'm not sure if it's more a question of who makes it first, or just who makes it at all.
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                          I voted him .. and still do think that he has the highest ceiling on the team. He totally shit the bed in the playoffs .. there is no doubt about that. But, I expect him to come back strong next year. And, if he can mix in a mid range game with this spot up shooting, I still think he has the highest ceiling.

Of course, I could be wrong and he could be Nick Anderson, with no confidence left after the playoffs, but Im hoping not ...

Comment

DD makes it first. But Val has the highest ceiling on the team.

Comment

Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
                              DD makes it first. But Val has the highest ceiling on the team.

I agree with this, only so long as the Raptors achieve a similar amount of success (or more.) It seems that the general consensus in the league was that the Raptors' success was a direct result of role players stepping up and putting in a gargantuan effort to finish the season. In other words, it seems that the league thinks the Raptors of '13-14 were a fluke. Expanding on this past season's success will prove to the league that the Raptors are 100% legitimate in their achievements.

I think that if Derozan stays with the Raptors next season and retains his role as the team's captain, he will very likely make the all-NBA team next year. This all depends on everything mentioned above though.

JV without question has a chance to become a very,very special player in this league. I hope that Casey expands his role on offence next year whilst forming him into a true defensive anchor on the defensive end.
                              I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                              -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Working...
                              X