Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think Hansbrough will be back next year/Would you trade Salmons for Perkins?

Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you think Hansbrough will be back next year/Would you trade Salmons for Perkins?

Title says it all, I was asking myself those two questions.

First, what is Hansbrough's contract situation right now? Do you think he will be back? And why?

Secondly, would you trade Salmons' contract for 1 year of Kendrick Perkins at 9M$?

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know about Hands Bro, and I would trade Salmons for Perkins if we get a first round pick.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Post Thanks / Like

Any kind of first round pick? I mean, we could also get a FA C or a rookie C for a lot less money.

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't trade Salmons for Perk unless we're getting some kind of pick in return. In that case I think I would because we could still use bird rights to resign most of our guys.

5. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally would trade Salmons, only if they take Landry too. This is of course assuming that OKC would have the right to waive Salmons with only $1m, haha

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

If OKC gives us the 21st pick why not? Perkins could actually be a nice backup for us.

These are the kind of shrewd, paced asset accumulation moves that lead to teams like Houston and Boston having a shit ton of draft picks/prospects at their disposal to trade.

8. Like Letter N, DanH, Fully, mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I'm all for this move.
    By itself, a #21 pick means a bench player usually at best
    But package both picks + maybe Knick's first rounder + probably Derozan, and you got a really great offer @ Kevin Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote 2kfeen wrote: View Post
    Yeah, I'm all for this move.
    By itself, a #21 pick means a bench player usually at best
    But package both picks + maybe Knick's first rounder + probably Derozan, and you got a really great offer @ Kevin Love.
    But also, bench players for 1-2 mill are pretty crucial to winning.

11. Like Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You don't take back Perkins unless you're getting a sweetener.

In this case the sweetener has to be #21 or if someone they really like is available at #29.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Btw the benefit of this trade for OKC is that they would be a little bit under the salary cap, and would also be able to add a MLE player without hitting the luxury tax threshold.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    You don't take back Perkins unless you're getting a sweetener.

In this case the sweetener has to be #21 or if someone they really like is available at #29.
    I would gladly take the 29th pick. I'm sure there's someone worth giving a shot. Maybe even a stash pick for overseas. But I'd be pretty happy to get 20, 29 and 37 in this draft.

And Perkins isn't a burden. One more vet to play behind JV who would probably be a decent presence on the team. Just one year under contract and could even be filler in a mid-season deal if something significant is available.

15. Like Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

If we trade Salmons for Perk and a pick and renounce Psycho T, our total cap hit after those moves and bringing back Amir is about $51 million. Assume re-signing Lowry, 2Pat and Greivis costs $20m all in (which is probably high side) and we're at $71m, which will leave about $6m for the rook signings and a possible MLE signing (like Vince Carter or whoever). If we can trade Steve Novak for literally anything that doesn't cost us cap space it'll be even easier.

So it's definitely affordable. It'll be tight, but affordable.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe MU will be able to work the cap in his favour.

But yes, i'd take Perk + 21st or 29th for Salmons. Salmons is as good as gone anyways, we get to address a Backup C, and get a pick? Why the hell not?

I don't think we'll be able to flip Novak/Hayes/Landry for anything. They're here until at least the Trade Deadline. Landry might be gone as part of a Salary Saving move from a team, and Hayes/Novak I believe have 2-more years left?

I'd like TH back, but I feel like we could use him as trade-bait, as salary filler. He'd be on a 1-Yr contract, and it's cheap too. We just don't have room for him with AJ/PP anymore. Would rather grab a pick back or something. Even if it's a 2nd Rounder.

18. Like RepTdot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok so you guys seem to all be for trading Salmons for Perkins and a pick. What makes me hesitant is that Perkins is paid 9M$. Wouldn't getting a FA C be a better option?

And who would you rather have, Tyler or Kendrick?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Ok so you guys seem to all be for trading Salmons for Perkins and a pick. What makes me hesitant is that Perkins is paid 9M$. Wouldn't getting a FA C be a better option?

Tyler can't guard bigger Cs.

As for whether we could get a better backup C for cheaper, I believe so. Okafor could likely command less than that. But, Perk has been on winning teams. A bit of a headcase, but I think he can still be productive against second units.

Post Thanks / Like

Well the thing is, Perkins expires next summer.

And for this year, we could still resign all of our guys since we have their bird rights.

That trade would limit what we could do in free agency this year, but we weren't planning on doing much anyways, AND we'd have an extra pick to fill a hole too.

Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Signing a free agent C is definitely a cheaper option, but the team isn't acquiring a first round pick in that scenario. That's what this deal is all about; a hit of $9 million for one season to get a young, controllable asset for the next 9 years. No one wants to pay Perkins that much money to be a back up on it's face.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Hansbrough should be used the same way as Salmons - in a deal like the one suggested here for Perkins and a pick. Take on an awkward one year contract in return for a pick. With Hansbrough we could use our TPE to absorb two middling contracts to make it worth a pick.

In the proposed Perkins deal I'd be happy with the 29th pick.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Salmons + Hansborough +Fields+ 1st round = David Lee+ Harrison Barnes

Wes Chandler+ Mozgov =Salmons + Hansborough

Pick one of these two choices.

Raptors Republic Rookie RepTdot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Salmons is nothing more than cap space...he will be bought out for that $1M for the flexibility to re-sign Lowry & still upgrade the roster. Depending on what PP asks for, if Amir gets traded or if we upgrade the PF spot, TH is a cheap reliable option off the bench. The 4 spot is very much up in the air right now so I don't think TH is going anywhere yet

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information