Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Do you think Hansbrough will be back next year/Would you trade Salmons for Perkins?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote caccia wrote: View Post
    I looked at the list of free agent small forwards. Slim pickings, to be sure. With all the speculation about trades, we'll have to depend on the GM to make the best move, because signing a free agent small forward would be very difficult.
    You know what that means?

DAMIEN INGLIS
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote caccia wrote: View Post
    Another possibility for Hansbrough is that Toronto does not waive him, but waits until after July 1 to trade his contract. That will allow another team to keep his contract for one year, which is relatively low for an experienced power forward.
    Doug Smith reports today in the Toronto Star that "Sources have said itís inconceivable the Raptors will assume the $7 million owed Salmons. If they canít trade him by Sunday night, they will exercise the $1 million buyout that will make him an unrestricted free agent.

Hansbrough is a more difficult decision, according to team sources. He can be bought out for $1 million on a $3.3 million contract, but he might be worth hanging on to for his expiring contract, which can be added as cap ballast in future transactions."

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

With no word from the Toronto front office, it looks like Tyler Hansbrough is now under contract for the 2014-15 season. I have read conflicting reports, but several sources say they had to waive him before midnight on June 29th. A trade is still very possible during the free agent period, however. He might as well play for a team that will use him less capriciously than Dwane Casey.

Salmons is gone, and I expect he will be waived by the Hawks, never to play in the NBA again.
    Last edited by caccia; Mon Jun 30th, 2014 at 12:47 AM.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Hansbrough's locked in now, and the Hawks will waive Salmons today. Bet Salmons gets the minimum somewhere though. Rasual Butler's been floating around for years even though he's useless.

Ujiri might have decided Hansbrough's small expiring contract is worth more between now and the deadline than the 2M he'd save by waiving him.

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

officially the raptors have picked up the team option on TH.

6. Like caccia liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie mjt20mik's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    This leads me to believe that PP does not seem keen on coming back. Or at least he wants more money that we can offer.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    You would think they would say something to the press about it. Tyler apparently is working out in Chapel Hill right now. I hope he works on his passing and a pull-up jumper.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mjt20mik wrote: View Post
    This leads me to believe that PP does not seem keen on coming back. Or at least he wants more money that we can offer.
    I have to think Mr. Ujiri has something up his sleeve. The power forwards available are a lot better than the free agents at small forward.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Surprised! I guess this means that either PP or GV ain't coming back.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    Surprised! I guess this means that either PP or GV ain't coming back.
    Considering TH is a 4, I'm assuming that PP isn't coming back.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Masai knows someones will bid on PP.

Im really sad, PP was awesome when healthy.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it for sure means anything. To me, it's a safety move. Cutting Tyler doesn't save much money or make an impact on what they can do in free agency. But if Pat gets an offer they don't want to match they have Tyler as a backup plan. And if Pat does come back they have good depth, and Tyler's contract is pretty moveable as a trade piece.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

14. Like DanH liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I don't think it for sure means anything. To me, it's a safety move. Cutting Tyler doesn't save much money or make an impact on what they can do in free agency. But if Pat gets an offer they don't want to match they have Tyler as a backup plan. And if Pat does come back they have good depth, and Tyler's contract is pretty moveable as a trade piece.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    In terms of space, it would be saving around 3.3 Million. That is quite a bit when you look at GV and PP might be demanding about 10-12 million between them.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

In terms of space, it would be saving around 3.3 Million. That is quite a bit when you look at GV and PP might be demanding about 10-12 million between them.
    he has 1 mil guaranteed I think. That means he would only save us 2.3 Mil if we cut him
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    he has 1 mil guaranteed I think. That means he would only save us 2.3 Mil if we cut him
    Ah my apologizes. And Amir has a 5million guaranteed for his team option right?

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah my apologizes. And Amir has a 5million guaranteed for his team option right?
    yes

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He might be looking to flip psycho T you never know
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    It's not a big amount, and doesn't affect our ability to re-sign GV or PP since they are both RFAs, or Lowry since we have his bird rights as well. The money saved is pretty pointless from a flexibility standpoint, as pointed out it's just 2.3M...that's nothing.

Again, if they want to trade him, I don't imagine it's too hard to find a suitor somewhere. And it does nothing to handcuff the team in any way.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    It's not a big amount, and doesn't affect our ability to re-sign GV or PP since they are both RFAs, or Lowry since we have his bird rights as well. The money saved is pretty pointless from a flexibility standpoint, as pointed out it's just 2.3M...that's nothing.

Again, if they want to trade him, I don't imagine it's too hard to find a suitor somewhere. And it does nothing to handcuff the team in any way.
    If they are trying to avoid the tax, keeping Hansbrough basically just cuts into the ability to keep de Colo, unless one of the 3 main free agents gets a bigger pay day than expected.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    If they are trying to avoid the tax, keeping Hansbrough basically just cuts into the ability to keep de Colo, unless one of the 3 main free agents gets a bigger pay day than expected.
    Yeah...I doubt they seriously care about De Colo though. Sure they like him. I see them giving the QO more as just a cautious move. If one of Lowry/GV walks, they easily lock down a backup PG for next year with Nando. If both come back and they don't see a real reason to keep De Colo, I can see them rescinding the QO and letting him walk (which I believe they can do).

So far it seems to me like Ujiri is just trying to cover his bases and make sure he has options for different contingencies.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information