Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Hansbrough will be back next year/Would you trade Salmons for Perkins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Ok so you guys seem to all be for trading Salmons for Perkins and a pick. What makes me hesitant is that Perkins is paid 9M$. Wouldn't getting a FA C be a better option?

And who would you rather have, Tyler or Kendrick?
    Well the thing is, Perkins expires next summer.

And for this year, we could still resign all of our guys since we have their bird rights.

That trade would limit what we could do in free agency this year, but we weren't planning on doing much anyways, AND we'd have an extra pick to fill a hole too.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Ok so you guys seem to all be for trading Salmons for Perkins and a pick. What makes me hesitant is that Perkins is paid 9M$. Wouldn't getting a FA C be a better option?

And who would you rather have, Tyler or Kendrick?
      Signing a free agent C is definitely a cheaper option, but the team isn't acquiring a first round pick in that scenario. That's what this deal is all about; a hit of $9 million for one season to get a young, controllable asset for the next 9 years. No one wants to pay Perkins that much money to be a back up on it's face.

Comment

Hansbrough should be used the same way as Salmons - in a deal like the one suggested here for Perkins and a pick. Take on an awkward one year contract in return for a pick. With Hansbrough we could use our TPE to absorb two middling contracts to make it worth a pick.

In the proposed Perkins deal I'd be happy with the 29th pick.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Salmons + Hansborough +Fields+ 1st round = David Lee+ Harrison Barnes

Wes Chandler+ Mozgov =Salmons + Hansborough

Pick one of these two choices.

Comment

Salmons is nothing more than cap space...he will be bought out for that $1M for the flexibility to re-sign Lowry & still upgrade the roster. Depending on what PP asks for, if Amir gets traded or if we upgrade the PF spot, TH is a cheap reliable option off the bench. The 4 spot is very much up in the air right now so I don't think TH is going anywhere yet

Comment

Depends on the draft and 2Pat situation. Too early to make a call either way.
              Myself (March 2014):
              The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

I don't know if OKC would do it - and Masai might be weary as this move and resigning Vasquez and 2Pat for 4-5 per would have them close to the projected Luxury tax of 75-77 Mil. I really like the idea of re-signing Nando for 2-3 but not sure if he would be interested because of playing time or European offers.
                When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

Edgar wrote: View Post
                  I don't know if OKC would do it - and Masai might be weary as this move and resigning Vasquez and 2Pat for 4-5 per would have them close to the projected Luxury tax of 75-77 Mil. I really like the idea of re-signing Nando for 2-3 but not sure if he would be interested because of playing time or European offers.
                  Nando has said his first priority is to stay in the NBA.

I don't have the link but it was on HoopsHype.com a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

I like this post... I wonder who originally came up with the Perkins and a pick for Salmons...oh ya, I did.

I would do it in a second. Perkins brings in size, and toughness at the 5 and he only has a year left on his contract. We have the option of moving up in the draft with two first rounders, or we can collect more young assets. It's a win win situation. I would like to see us print back K.L. , G.V. and P.P. (I would let Tyler walk) and perhaps sign a wing that can come off the bench and add instant offence for the MLE.

JV/Perkins/Hayes
                    Amir/P.P./Novak
                    Ross/Draft pick or MLE/Fields
                    DeMar/Draft pick or MLE/Fields
                    Kyle Lowry/Vasquez/????

We would basically be rolling with the same team, and hope they improve over the summer. We get a better rotation at the 5 and I think we can find a player better than Salmons to sub the wings with the MLE. I'm not sure if the rookies will have any impact, it could just be a development year for those guys. Ennis, GRIII, Early, Payton, Capela are all players I would like to see on this team.

Comment

Zaza on the Bucks might be a better option since we can use expirings like Fields or Hayes. No pick back but Salmons could be used for a better pick in another deal.

Comment

Salmons+Novak+37th+59th for Perkins and 21st or 29th

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                          Zaza on the Bucks might be a better option since we can use expirings like Fields or Hayes. No pick back but Salmons could be used for a better pick in another deal.
                          No that is a terrible idea.

Why would we want to take back TWO MORE YEARS of Pachulia for nothing in return? We just put a serious dent in our cap situation for 2015 free agency for absolutely no reason.

Comment

Salmons+Novak+37th+59th for Perkins and 21st or 29th
                            No....why would you expand on the original idea?

Just offer Salmons and see if you can get Perkins and one of their picks. No need to give up both our second rounders.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                              No that is a terrible idea.

Why would we want to take back TWO MORE YEARS of Pachulia for nothing in return? We just put a serious dent in our cap situation for 2015 free agency for absolutely no reason.
                              If you want a backup center Pachulia for Hayes is 2/10M for 1/7M. Salmons could be used for a pick better than #21 like Gerald Wallace + #17 if the Celtics needs cap space in the Love trade.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                No....why would you expand on the original idea?
                                To get rid of Novak and be able to sign Vince.

Valanciunas/Perkins/Hayes
                                Johnson/Patterson/Hansbrough
                                Ross/Fields/Rookie
                                DeRozan/Carter/De Colo
                                Lowry/Vasquez/Rookie

Comment

Working...
                                X