Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Do you think Hansbrough will be back next year/Would you trade Salmons for Perkins?

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Yeah...I doubt they seriously care about De Colo though. Sure they like him. I see them giving the QO more as just a cautious move. If one of Lowry/GV walks, they easily lock down a backup PG for next year with Nando. If both come back and they don't see a real reason to keep De Colo, I can see them rescinding the QO and letting him walk (which I believe they can do).

So far it seems to me like Ujiri is just trying to cover his bases and make sure he has options for different contingencies.
    Trick now is, if de Colo accepts the QO, this year's tax room is very tight. So if they rescind it, yeah, he can walk, but if he signs it before then, they are stuck with him on the cap. Trick is, he can accept the offer July 1st - he doesn't have to wait until July 10th. Now, the team can rescind the QO anytime, but if they want to see how free agency goes first, there's a chance he signs it before they know.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Trick now is, if de Colo accepts the QO, this year's tax room is very tight. So if they rescind it, yeah, he can walk, but if he signs it before then, they are stuck with him on the cap. Trick is, he can accept the offer July 1st - he doesn't have to wait until July 10th. Now, the team can rescind the QO anytime, but if they want to see how free agency goes first, there's a chance he signs it before they know.
    I'm hoping that because it's a low QO, he won't be enticed to jump on it. He'll look around the NBA and possibly overseas for better money and thus take his time making the decision.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping that because it's a low QO, he won't be enticed to jump on it. He'll look around the NBA and possibly overseas for better money and thus take his time making the decision.
    2M isn't that low if some folks are talking about his value being in the minimum salary range. But you may well be right. It's just a risk - and keep in mind, unrestricted free agency is the golden goose for players. Absolute freedom. If you are questioning whether you can make your QO elsewhere, even just a bit, probably worth taking it to get to UFA.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Having the front office say the decision "is 50/50" on Hansbrough is not exactly calculated to give a player the warm fuzzies. Compare that to the treatment Lowry is getting and you can see Tyler is not just an afterthought, but management would prefer to see him gone. It rankles me to see this kind of shabby treatment for a player who--unlike many in the NBA--never gives less than 100% for his team.

Raptors Republic Starter Bonus Jonas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We need to rescind the offer to De Colo or we'll have to choose between signing a legit SF for our bench or resigning Gravy.

I'd personally give up De Colo in a heartbeat to get both Gravy and a SF.

This is all assuming Lowry resigns.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    We need to rescind the offer to De Colo or we'll have to choose between signing a legit SF for our bench or resigning Gravy.

I'd personally give up De Colo in a heartbeat to get both Gravy and a SF.

This is all assuming Lowry resigns.
    If we rescind De Colo's offer and resign all of our free agents we will still have money to get a free agent small forward? I swear I read somewhere that we won't.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it for sure means anything. To me, it's a safety move. Cutting Tyler doesn't save much money or make an impact on what they can do in free agency. But if Pat gets an offer they don't want to match they have Tyler as a backup plan. And if Pat does come back they have good depth, and Tyler's contract is pretty moveable as a trade piece.
    It looks like you were right on the money. Patterson is in Orlando right now, talking about a possible starter's role at power forward. It remains to be seen whether Toronto can or will match their offer. If he does go, that would leave Tyler at his natural position instead of always backing up Valanciunas, barring any further (but very possible) moves by the front office.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote caccia wrote: View Post
    It looks like you were right on the money. Patterson is in Orlando right now, talking about a possible starter's role at power forward. It remains to be seen whether Toronto can or will match their offer. If he does go, that would leave Tyler at his natural position instead of always backing up Valanciunas, barring any further (but very possible) moves by the front office.
    He's actually in Orlando? How do you know this?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    He's actually in Orlando? How do you know this?
    It's not an iron-clad report, but originates with CBS Sports:

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com...oronto-raptors

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

By the way, Patterson ranks 49 among power forwards in the NBA in points, 48 in rebounds, 25 in steals, and 49 in blocks, all per 36 minutes (stats from RealGM).

Amir Johnson ranks a stellar 2nd in FG%, 50 in points, 46 in rebounds, and 23 in blocks per 36 minutes.

Tyler Hansbrough ranks in the top five in in the NBA in free throws and offensive rebounds per 36 minutes; also 15th in total rebounds and 37th in steals. He finished only 63rd in points, behind Patterson and Johnson, since he rarely shot the ball last season.
    Last edited by caccia; Thu Jul 3rd, 2014 at 06:49 AM.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote caccia wrote: View Post
    By the way, Patterson ranks 49 among power forwards in the NBA in points, 48 in rebounds, 25 in steals, and 49 in blocks, all per 36 minutes (stats from RealGM).

Amir Johnson ranks a stellar 2nd in FG%, 50 in points, 46 in rebounds, and 23 in blocks per 36 minutes.

Tyler Hansbrough ranks in the top five in in the NBA in free throws and offensive rebounds per 36 minutes; also 15th in total rebounds and 37th in steals. He finished only 63rd in points, behind Patterson and Johnson, since he rarely shot the ball last season.
    per 36 stats have a bias to players who play in short minutes. If you come in for 1 minute and score 1 basket, you would have 72 points per 36minutes.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread Information